Author Topic: KU and eligibility...again  (Read 13135 times)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
KU and eligibility...again
« on: September 08, 2011, 04:30:01 PM »
BradyMcCollough Brady McCollough
Bill Self says three #kubball freshmen - McLemore, Traylor and Anderson - have not yet been cleared to play by NCAA:

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: KU and eligibility...again
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011, 04:31:36 PM »
Are these academic-related or infraction-related?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2011, 04:33:13 PM »
Are these academic-related or infraction-related?

JayhawkSlant JayhawkSlant
by bobfescoe
Ben McLemore and Jamari started classes on Thursday. Nothing to report on Braeden Anderson. #kubball

Prob a combo depending on which player you are talking about.  :dunno:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2011, 04:33:38 PM »
McLemore and Traylor are cleared to take classes but still waiting on participation. Anderson has not been cleared to be on scholarship.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2011, 04:35:56 PM »
It's just embarrassing that our state's standards are so low that athletes can be admitted to the university but still not be cleared to play by the NCAA. It would be fun to laugh at KU for this if our standards weren't exactly the same.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2011, 04:36:30 PM »
It's just embarrassing that our state's standards are so low that athletes can be admitted to the university but still not be cleared to play by the NCAA. It would be fun to laugh at KU for this if our standards weren't exactly the same.

As far as sports go, lower the standards the better.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2011, 04:37:33 PM »

As far as sports go, lower the standards the better.

Yeah, the standards should be the NCAA's standards for athletes. Regular students shouldn't have easier standards than the NCAA does, though.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2011, 04:38:35 PM »
Self says not like Selby but not unlike it either. Says it's routine. McLemore and Traylor went to 3 HS. RT @CNSCasey Selbyish issues?

So no one knows about the money they have no doubt been given, but at the same time, they may not have all graduated???

Offline fatty fat fat

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2011, 04:42:15 PM »

to be fair to ksu, when i was a frosh at ksu, they said my act score (26) was a red flag during enrollment (engineering) and they would have to closely watch my progress.

i was pissed.

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2011, 04:46:04 PM »
To get into our universities are incredibly easy. To get into the colleges, much tougher. Requirements for College of Architecture when I went through was pretty high. Lots of people cut.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2011, 04:47:52 PM »

to be fair to ksu, when i was a frosh at ksu, they said my act score (26) was a red flag during enrollment (engineering) and they would have to closely watch my progress.

i was pissed.

Your ACT score would have to have been worse than 21 to actually not be allowed to enroll, though.

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2011, 05:21:37 PM »

i was pissed.

Your ACT score would have to have been worse than 21 to actually not be allowed to enroll, though.

Or depends on your GPA in HS. You could have like a 16 ACT and still get in.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2011, 05:43:59 PM »
MDAMW?

Offline FranklyFrankYou

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2011, 05:45:40 PM »

i was pissed.

Actually i think the minimum is a 17 in kansas.  Needless to say when I scored a 27 my sophmore year i was good to go.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2011, 08:00:47 PM »

i was pissed.

Actually i think the minimum is a 17 in kansas.  Needless to say when I scored a 27 my sophmore year i was good to go.

Don't necessarily need an ACT score.  Can qualify through several methods:

http://www.kansasregents.org/resources/PDF/1389-88-29-5resunder21Final.pdf

Offline FHSU92

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2011, 08:01:07 PM »
Self says not like Selby but not unlike it either. Says it's routine. McLemore and Traylor went to 3 HS. RT @CNSCasey Selbyish issues?

So no one knows about the money they have no doubt been given, but at the same time, they may not have all graduated???

Durrel "Wut" Arthur issues?

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2011, 08:53:20 PM »
man oh man, i remember taking the science part of the act and there was a question about a stick and a river and i was just like oh jesus christ, c, c, c, c, c, c, c, c, c, c,
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 11:58:47 AM by Rick Daris »

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2011, 08:56:40 PM »
All the cheating at ku is going to hurt the both of us come realignment time.

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2011, 09:03:52 PM »
bill self isn't BIT mcmw B for no reason

:love:
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 09:23:07 PM by mcmwcat »

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2011, 11:21:41 AM »
Damn NCAA trying to screw over ku again. First they ruin Selby, now this! :curse:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2011, 03:45:48 PM »

What you need to consider is that in the land of delusion otherwise knows as phog/jayhawkslant/kusports.com there is still a faction of people who believe that K-State can "get anyone into school" and that it's difficult for ku to do the same.  Yet, as we've seen countless times, you pretty much only need to have a pulse in order to get into ku, at least for athletes, just like K-State.

It's also not out of the question, to ask (yet again) if a ku basketball recruits academic background is legit.

But don't worry, Coach Bumps will get them out there on the court.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2011, 09:31:39 AM »
This may be the first year Bill has to work at it.  I hope the other players all believe.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2011, 09:33:39 AM »
http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/36826/self-wants-ku-freshman-to-enjoy-festivities

Quote from: Eamonn Brennan
If one had to guess, one would say that incoming Kansas freshmen Ben McLemore and Jamari Traylor will not be eligible to play in their freshmen season.

I think that would be a pretty shitty guess. There's no way Self fails to get at least one of those guys eligible.

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2011, 09:36:43 AM »
Eamonn Brennan obviously doesn't know why Self is BITB