Author Topic: Dobbie's first player interview article comes out later today!  (Read 2045 times)

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
Dobbie's first player interview article comes out later today!
« on: February 26, 2010, 01:29:10 PM »
http://www.ksufans.com/forums/index.php?topic=50396.0

Unfortunately, it's probably premium.   :curse:

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Dobbie's first player interview article comes out later today!
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2010, 01:36:01 PM »
 :facepalm:

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 06:14:29 PM »
So when TP said that he was looking to get us a beat writer over there, one of the quality that we deserved, he was talking about Dobbs? :dunno:

Offline SuperG

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2010, 06:50:09 PM »
Isn't Dobbles a journalism student at Emporia? I would say that qualifies as "quality that we deserved" according to Terry. He's got to pay for his team of lawyers somehow.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2010, 11:06:51 PM »
Sorry Oklahoma_Cat, you are banned from using this forum!

Offline TheProdigiousTalent

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2010, 11:13:50 PM »
Bros, it just went from funny to tragic.

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2010, 01:01:00 PM »
Great questions

Dobbie Hits Up the OoD

By: Kevin Dobson
Player Interviews 2/25/10

After walking into the OoD, the nerves were up, but so was the excitement. Doing my first player interviews was an amazing experience, the players were great, and the expectations for the team are high. You get the feeling when meeting these guys, that the future is bright, and anything other than championships are a bust. Players like Denis, Rodney, and Wally stayed out shooting long after practice, giving no less then 100 percent at all times. The team chemistry off the court is as good as on the court. While interviewing McGruder, Judge was in the background cracking jokes left and right, Samuels, and Pullen went back and forth, reminiscent of Bill Walker and Michael Beasley.
After doing six interviews, I had to break this into two parts, so expect part 2 in the coming days. The first person I talked to was Denis Clemente:

Kevin: Being a fan favorite, and seeing people draped in the Puerto Rican flag, how does it make you feel?
Denis Clemente: It's hard to explain it. It makes me emotional, like that's where I came from. I see it and I realize that I owe my island and the fans something great.

K: Is it easy to ignore K-State's ranking, and focus on the games?
DC: We play and practice hard. If we keep getting better, and worry about the games then the ranking will take care of itself.

K: What kind of future do you see for Kansas State?
DC: They are going to be unbelievable. Coach Martin will keep getting better and better, he is competitive, so I believe every year he will have that competitive team.

K: What's in the future for Denis?
DC: I wish I knew. All I can do is go step by step, and try for the NBA. If not then plan B is to play overseas.

Next I talked to Jamar Samuels:

K: Is it hard being the sixth man and not a starter?
JS: I've been coming off the bench my whole life, playing with the DC Assault I was behind Beasley and Julian Vaughn who's at Georgetown. I came off the bench, and was the guy that gave that added energy to the team, so it was natural here.

K: How did the dunk at the end of the last Mizzou game make you feel?
JS: We just watched that in film, it made me mad. We wouldn't have done that to them, but it was just something that made us want this game even more.

K: KSU has been better on the road, but this being a home game, what will it take to win against Mizzou Saturday?
JS: We need our fans. The Nebraska game the fans weren't really there, and I was kind of upset about that. I understand they have lives and that is fine but this Saturday we are going to need them though, we need to fill the arena.

K: A lot of fans are following you and Jake on Twitter, does Frank have any rules about these things?
JS: Just if we wouldn't say it to our parents we shouldn't put it on Twitter. We have to respect our peers, but at the same time show our human side, and be able to have fun.
(At the end of the interview Samuels taunted Pullen who was in his own interview, "Hey Jake, Follow me JamSam32, alright Twitter baby!" Dude was all jokes and reminded me a lot of Michael Beasley.)

Next was Rodney McGruder, he was a little more soft spoken and didn't seek out an interview like some players, but was more then happy to answer a few questions;

K: As a freshman what improvements should we expect to see from you?
RM: Every aspect of my game, I just need to work hard and try to improve everyday on offense and defense.

K: In your mind how does Kansas State's future look?
RM: I see a bright future, with Coach Martin things will only get better. Expect Kansas State to compete and go places.

K: The slam dunk at the end of the Mizzou game, how did that make you feel?
RM: It was a bit of disrespect, but things like that happen in basketball. We just need to stop giving up the easy baskets from here on out.

K: How does Coach Martin keep you focused on the Mizzou game, and off the upcoming KU game?
RM: He tells us this is the most important game right now. It is just as important to us as any other game, be it KU or Iowa State. Everyone knows that it's just like a fight, every round is important.

After talking to these three it was clear that Coach Martin has beat this Missouri game into their heads. I believe as long as they stay focused and play as well as they have on the road, it should be a pretty easy victory. I also got to talk to Luis Colon, Jordan Henriquez-Roberts, and Wally Judge I will have part 2 posted in the coming days.

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2010, 01:08:29 PM »
Pretty fantastic actually.  And I hate dob's face.
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2010, 01:10:26 PM »
great job, dobbie, is about all i can say.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2010, 01:50:50 PM »
enjoyed it dobes.  keep up the good work.

Offline PandaXpanda

• Katpak'r
  • "is it too soon after 9/11 to be wearing pleats?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2010, 02:10:21 PM »
Is it just me or is this not the same Dobz we used to know?  Dobz, was you playin' us?
aren't you glad it wasn't you? - g.h.

Offline jmlynch1

• Katpak'r
  • stay together for the kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2010, 03:06:10 PM »
Did GPC just become the third site?

Offline AzCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2010, 03:14:31 PM »
Yay, another TP lawsuit!   :opcat: