Author Topic: Any cyclists?  (Read 106698 times)

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
Re: Any cyclists?
« Reply #125 on: September 06, 2013, 09:39:07 AM »
Bought an entry level road bike off bikesdirect a year ago.  Rode BAK this year and have done two centuries this summer.

ast, I like the Orbea.  Been looking to upgrade and probably my 1st choice.

Bro, does that bike even lift?

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 06, 2013, 10:49:53 AM »
sek, are your calves bigger than your thighs? :horrorsurprise:

Offline AST

• nip nip weiner
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 06, 2013, 11:05:17 AM »
Bought an entry level road bike off bikesdirect a year ago.  Rode BAK this year and have done two centuries this summer.

I went with the orca broze, transitioned from specialized allez and am extremely happy with my choice

All carbon frame, apex group and I will be growing into it for years to come

It won't get sweet air like ben ji so much desires but you will feel like a complete badass keeping a 22mph pace with little effort and breaking 30 with some effort on the flats

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 06, 2013, 11:07:38 AM »
Ben Ji, who was clearly trying to look like a bike expert, got absolutely faced this morning.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 06, 2013, 11:12:47 AM »
I never ride either of my bikes.. Went through a stage where I did.. Now it just seems like a hassle

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 06, 2013, 11:14:52 AM »
Ben Ji, who was clearly trying to look like a bike expert, got absolutely faced this morning.

Michigancat will get FACED next time he tries to take a curb on his lil bmx looking thingy.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 06, 2013, 11:16:30 AM »

Michigancat will get FACED next time he tries to take a curb on his lil bmx looking thingy.

You, sir, are not very knowledgeable when it comes to cycling.

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 06, 2013, 11:19:57 AM »

To be fair, the front shock on Michigancat's bike is probably worth more than the whole Magna you are riding.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 06, 2013, 11:27:16 AM »

To be fair, the front shock on Michigancat's bike is probably worth more than the whole Magna you are riding.

BUT HE STILL CANT JUMP CURBS?!?! Whats the point? I'm thinking about putting some 10k rims on my 1989 civic, that should really show everyone I mean business when it comes to cars.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #134 on: September 06, 2013, 11:53:40 AM »

I went with the orca broze, transitioned from specialized allez and am extremely happy with my choice

All carbon frame, apex group and I will be growing into it for years to come

It won't get sweet air like ben ji so much desires but you will feel like a complete badass keeping a 22mph pace with little effort and breaking 30 with some effort on the flats
Sweet bike. As I consider riding more and running less, I'm starting to plan for a bike like that. However, I'm still several years from getting one. I have a fifty mile ultra in the training plan for 2015. I'm not quite ready to hang up the running shoes.

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: September 06, 2013, 11:57:18 AM »

BUT HE STILL CANT JUMP CURBS?!?! Whats the point? I'm thinking about putting some 10k rims on my 1989 civic, that should really show everyone I mean business when it comes to cars.

I think i would say he could jump about 10X more curbs on his bike than you can before your bike falls apart. THEMS THE FACTS. Also I jump curbs on my road bikes all the time, don't see the big deal... :dunno:

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #136 on: September 06, 2013, 11:57:30 AM »
The New Magna!
Had to look back at The Magna. Never heard of the brand.

Guess I know why....

http://target.com/p/magna-men-s-great-divide-26-mountain-bike-grey/-/A-14094834

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 06, 2013, 11:58:18 AM »
I never ride either of my bikes.. Went through a stage where I did.. Now it just seems like a hassle

Same.  I bought a Schwinn when I enrolled at KSU.  Rode it constantly in college.  It is still in very good shape and is a nice smooth ride, but I have rode it like 5 or 6 times since school.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #138 on: September 06, 2013, 12:02:17 PM »

Same.  I bought a Schwinn when I enrolled at KSU.  Rode it constantly in college.  It is still in very good shape and is a nice smooth ride, but I have rode it like 5 or 6 times since school.
I just started riding again last year. Running was getting a bit boring. So I added bike rides to the training plan.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 06, 2013, 12:03:38 PM »
The New Magna!
Had to look back at The Magna. Never heard of the brand.

Guess I know why....

http://target.com/p/magna-men-s-great-divide-26-mountain-bike-grey/-/A-14094834

You wanna go?

Meet me at The gravel track behind pawnee elementary at 530. First one around wins.

Can't wait for my magna to kick rocks in your face but you will probably be so far behind me that you will only see dust.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #140 on: September 06, 2013, 12:05:59 PM »
Ha. I'll dust while riding my daughter's pink Huffy fixie. :P

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 06, 2013, 12:10:58 PM »

You rode a bicycle in college.  You sorry bastard.  That is hands down the loseriest thing you can do.  You seem to have rebounded decently in old age, but man. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 06, 2013, 12:39:42 PM »

You rode a bicycle in college.  You sorry bastard.  That is hands down the loseriest thing you can do.  You seem to have rebounded decently in old age, but man.

live and learn.  Life is full of hard lessons, Bread.

Offline Boom Roasted

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 06, 2013, 12:46:48 PM »

just went on my

09 rockhopper

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 06, 2013, 12:47:06 PM »
you would think the San Francisco of central Illinois would be a great place for cycling.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 06, 2013, 12:47:46 PM »
you would think the San Francisco of central Illinois would be a great place for cycling.

all the real cyclists are probably in E. Peoria

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 06, 2013, 01:03:10 PM »
have a giant ocr 1 that my pops used to ride before he upgraded and upgraded and upgraded..
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 06, 2013, 01:12:36 PM »
have a giant ocr 1 that my pops used to ride before he upgraded and upgraded and upgraded..

Can it go off road? Apparently all the "Cyclists" on gE are pud bike lane riders.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 06, 2013, 01:13:45 PM »

I rode one to school periodically too. Mainly on nice days and because I refused to buy a parking pass. lived close enough to bike but far enough not to walk.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 06, 2013, 01:18:33 PM »

I rode one to school periodically too. Mainly on nice days and because I refused to buy a parking pass. lived close enough to bike but far enough not to walk.

Same.  Chase.