Author Topic: GPC Deep Purple....err Deep Popcast  (Read 1584 times)

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
GPC Deep Purple....err Deep Popcast
« on: September 01, 2011, 08:46:40 PM »
"We ditched the tv show because it was simply...too much work."  - Fitz

Haven't seen how the minions have responded to this. 

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Re: GPC Deep Purple....err Deep Popcast
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011, 08:49:18 PM »
Seems like it will make it difficult to look at that chick's boobs.

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 08:56:50 PM »
Like I expected, they took it very well.  My favorite...

"While I enjoyed Deep Purple, I totally understand. I'm sure many of you don't know the hours and time it takes -- and that includes AWAY from the family when it comes to covering sports whether its college, professional, and yes, even high schools. Any of you who have ever worked in a business involving media would understand and that is why I want Fitz and the staff to know that I appreciate all you guys do. Yes, this is a busy time for all of us. It's even harder for some of us who cover colleges and those darn Royals and Chiefs. Believe me, you spend more time AWAY from family and friends and things you like to do. That's why I appreciate what Fitz and GPC staff do. Won't see any pressure here from me. I understand totally on a personal note."

Yeah Fitz is gonna use the extra time at home, with his family.  Looks like more time at Tubby's, hitting on underage girls for Fitz.   :goodbyecruelworld:

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2011, 08:58:34 PM »

Haven't seen how the minions have responded to this. 

That's the worst part.  Their reaction is that they didn't really like the tv show, plus it takes up a lot of time, so they are generally happy that the GPC staff can now spend more time with their families.  
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2011, 08:58:54 PM »

"While I enjoyed Deep Purple, I totally understand. I'm sure many of you don't know the hours and time it takes -- and that includes AWAY from the family when it comes to covering sports whether its college, professional, and yes, even high schools. Any of you who have ever worked in a business involving media would understand and that is why I want Fitz and the staff to know that I appreciate all you guys do. Yes, this is a busy time for all of us. It's even harder for some of us who cover colleges and those darn Royals and Chiefs. Believe me, you spend more time AWAY from family and friends and things you like to do. That's why I appreciate what Fitz and GPC staff do. Won't see any pressure here from me. I understand totally on a personal note."

Yeah Fitz is gonna use the extra time at home, with his family.  Looks like more time at Tubby's, hitting on underage girls for Fitz.   :goodbyecruelworld:

Who wrote that? It's written like it's by somebody who's covering colleges, the Royals, and the Chiefs.

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2011, 09:06:03 PM »

Who wrote that? It's written like it's by somebody who's covering colleges, the Royals, and the Chiefs.

kccall

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2011, 09:19:55 PM »
Can you imagine spending all that time away from your family at your job?  Oh, the humanity. 
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2011, 09:22:43 PM »
seriously, only thing i miss about that site was the Wabash Cannonball or whatever the eff it was when it seemed like they had some kind of inside info/recruiting.  Shane Howard leaving i'm assuming had alot to do with no more show.  And fitz's eye hernia.
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2011, 09:24:33 PM »
seriously, only thing i miss about that site was the Wabash Cannonball or whatever the eff it was when it seemed like they had some kind of inside info/recruiting.  Shane Howard leaving i'm assuming had alot to do with no more show.  And fitz's eye hernia.
:users:
Luke's stock is rising as Winters continues to validate his greatness. Add Luke and Winters to my list! Also, EMAWBLAST! and Tobias!

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2011, 09:25:46 PM »
:users:

probably should've said 2002 and prior wabash cannonball
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2011, 09:59:13 AM »
The customer list for GPC has to be such a goldmine.  Imagine being able to sell absolutely nothing to morons who will thank you for it....all while being overweight and creepy.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2011, 11:08:36 AM »
The customer list for GPC has to be such a goldmine.  Imagine being able to sell absolutely nothing to morons who will thank you for it....all while being overweight and creepy.

I will give them an immense amount of credit for hitting the target demographic square on the head.

Offline bigwillie20

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • #FYJC #burnitdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2011, 11:12:17 AM »
Coming up with new dick joke material to tweet to high school girls can be pretty time consuming

Offline tuck34

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2011, 11:21:00 AM »

fitz - a face made for podcasts, a voice made for twitter