Author Topic: AGW dies a well-deserved and long-overdue death  (Read 3248 times)

Offline AzCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
AGW dies a well-deserved and long-overdue death
« on: August 25, 2011, 03:41:34 PM »

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline AzCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: AGW dies a well-deserved and long-overdue death
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 04:33:19 PM »
http://www.skepticalscience.com/cosmic-rays-and-global-warming-intermediate.htm

You may want to check your dates there.  The CERN data confirming the link is *brand* new, your link is several years out of date.   :users:

Offline husserl

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2011, 04:43:58 PM »
While the link between cosmic rays and cloud cover is yet to be confirmed, more importantly, there has been no correlation between cosmic rays and global temperatures over the last 30 years of global warming.

Maybe I'm missing something.    :dunno:

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2011, 12:31:18 AM »
this doesn't shock me, will be a paper out in the next year or so refuting this.  As for the earth heating up and storms being more violent, i think we can attribute this to 24/7 news coverage and storms hitting more populated areas, but also we don't have data from that far back (70-80 years maybe).  I remember wicked storms in NE KS all the time growing up.  HOWEVER, we are totally rough ridin' up this place, this will just make those pushing the buttons go, "see we're not affecting anything"  :shakesfist:
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2011, 05:47:47 PM »
Warmer scare mongers have tried desperately to discount solar activity for years, practically to the point of a proverbial book burning.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2011, 06:01:45 PM »
:lol:

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2011, 06:31:00 PM »
Warmer scare mongers have tried desperately to discount solar activity for years, practically to the point of a proverbial book burning.

Warmer mongers attribute none of the Earth's heat to the sun.  It's all pollution
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Online john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2011, 04:13:45 PM »

Cap and Trade has done it's job.  :lol:

Maybe beems' sinking islands will be above water soon after all.

In August 2011, NASA announced that global sea level was dropping and was “a quarter of an inch lower than last summer.” See: NASA: 'Global sea level this summer is a quarter of an inch lower than last summer'

The global drop in sea level followed NASA's announcement that sea level around the U.S. was declining in February 2011.

Most surprising, despite the fact that Obama only said he would only “slow” the rise of the oceans, his presidency has presided over what some scientists are terming an “historic decline" in global sea levels. Obama appears to have underestimated his own powers to alter sea level.

http://campaign2012.washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/beltway-confidential/promise-kept-sea-levels-fall-under-obama

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2011, 07:03:29 PM »
Corporate profits are more important than clean air, water, and people in general.  Nothing new here. 

Offline Dr. tylerhughes

• Fan
  • HEY!!!
    • View Profile

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2011, 09:01:46 PM »
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44654935/ns/us_news-environment/

Early clashes over carbon

The reluctance to rein in carbon emissions revealed itself early on.

In the 1980s, as scientists studied Greenland's buried ice for clues to past climate, upgraded their computer models peering into the future, and improved global temperature analyses, the fossil-fuel industries were mobilizing for a campaign to question the science.

By 1988, NASA climatologist James Hansen could appear before a U.S. Senate committee and warn that global warming had begun, a dramatic announcement later confirmed by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), a new, U.N.-sponsored network of hundreds of international scientists.

But when Hansen was called back to testify in 1989, the White House of President George H.W. Bush edited this government scientist's remarks to water down his conclusions, and Hansen declined to appear.
Story: Island nations warn of climate disaster at UN

That was the year U.S. oil and coal interests formed the Global Climate Coalition to combat efforts to shift economies away from their products. Britain's Royal Society and other researchers later determined that oil giant Exxon disbursed millions of dollars annually to think tanks and a handful of supposed experts to sow doubt about the facts.

In 1997, two years after the IPCC declared the "balance of evidence suggests a discernible human influence on global climate," the world's nations gathered in Kyoto, Japan, to try to do something about it. The naysayers were there as well.

"The statement that we'll have continued warming with an increase in CO2 is opinion, not fact," oil executive William F. O'Keefe of the Global Climate Coalition insisted to reporters in Kyoto.

The late Bert Bolin, then IPCC chief, despaired.

"I'm not really surprised at the political reaction," the Swedish climatologist told The Associated Press. "I am surprised at the way some of the scientific findings have been rejected in an unscientific manner."

Personally, I find it sickening that the future of our planet has become one big political pissing contest.  Thousands of climate scientists have provided statistical data and evidence that proves humans are contributing to global warming, yet people still deny it.  It's unbelievable.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2011, 07:21:34 PM »

I don't think people are disputing that the climate changes.  They are disputing the degree to which humans cause it to change.

According to your panel of government grant taking, outcome based scientists, the ice caps should be melting, seas should be rising, and there should have been more and increasingly violent weather phenomenon.

I think its sad that there's a political agenda out there, which utilizes crony capitalism, to steal money from the population and redistribute it to political allies all under the guise of protecting the environment.  Meanwhile they destroy jobs and US industry and attempt to blame it on the income earning population for not "doing their part". Disgusting
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2011, 07:44:40 PM »

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2011, 07:53:42 PM »

Is there a worse poster on this site?  First the chingdex crap, now this?  Whats next?

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2011, 07:16:41 AM »
:lol: would be a great poll question!  I bet you are right though.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 07:21:50 AM by Chingon »

Offline AzCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2011, 04:07:04 PM »
Personally, I find it sickening that the future of our planet has become one big political pissing contest.  Thousands of climate scientists have provided statistical data and evidence that proves humans are contributing to global warming, yet people still deny it.  It's unbelievable.

Yes, it is unbelievable: not only is atmospheric CO2 concentration not driving changes in the Earth's climate, there isn't even a strong correlation:

And, despite the fact that we're actually much nearer the point where plant life dies for lack of sufficient atmospheric CO2 (read "plant food") than we are to the long-term global mean, lots o' 'tards still believe SUVs & coal-fired power plants are a threat due to CO2 emissions.  

Fuckin' hysterical!   :lol: