Author Topic: Any chance we beat the Hawks this year?  (Read 9242 times)

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Any chance we beat the Hawks this year?
« on: August 21, 2011, 06:55:32 PM »
I've already got the date circled on my calendar.  Cannot wait to take the Hawks to the woodshed again.  They've done a great job over there in Lawrentucky at rebuilding their roster but I still think it's going to be K-State coming home with the Governor's Cup.  

fixed my post, thx y-l-a

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 10:35:29 PM by pissclams »

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
Re: Any chance we beat the Hawks this year?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 07:24:47 PM »
I don't know.  Coach Gill seems pretty confident in his squad this year.  I guess we'll just have to find out come October 22.

One thing I think we can all agree on is that we hope for a competitive game free of injury, and full of the kind of sportsmanship of which the Sunflower State can be proud.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Purple_Photoshopper

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2011, 07:25:53 PM »
Chance of K-State pulling the upset in Lawrence is at 9.98%. KU will be much tougher this year as Gill's 'Hawks will be much faster and much stronger. They have KSU and MU circled and are looking to get to each team with, said speed and strength.

KU wins 9 this year and makes everyone in the nation go "Jinkees!"

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2011, 07:42:27 PM »
Gill is really doing things the right way over there in Lawrence, but with "The Coach" game planning and our home grown Kansas kids, and even though I believe Gill may have more talent, I believe our youngsters will out work the hawks and squeeze out a win. I'll be cheering them on in all the other games though. Team, state, conference.
I'm purple down

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2011, 07:59:08 PM »
I don't know.  Coach Gill seems pretty confident in his squad this year.  I guess we'll just have to find out come October 22.

One thing I think we can all agree on is that we hope for a competitive game free of injury, and full of the kind of sportsmanship of which the Sunflower State can be proud.
:moreira:  :woot: :kstatriot:.... :kugoalposts:  :goodbyecruelworld:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2011, 08:00:55 PM »
Hurts like hell to root against a guy like Gill, even if it's just one game a year...ya know?

If I didn't own so much rough ridin' stock in a KSU website (this one), I'd be tempted to root for Gill against us as well.   It's lose-lose.

Offline fatty fat fat

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2011, 08:01:57 PM »
I've already got the date circled on my calendar.  Cannot not wait to take the Hawks to the woodshed again.  They've done a great job over there in Lawrentucky at rebuilding their roster but I still think it's going to be K-State coming home with the Governor's Cup. 

I know everyone is laughing at the Gill Quotes (GQ's) but they have me a bit worried.

Why would he say stuff like that if his team is going to suck?  :confused:

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2011, 08:10:40 PM »
I've already got the date circled on my calendar.  Cannot not wait to take the Hawks to the woodshed again.  They've done a great job over there in Lawrentucky at rebuilding their roster but I still think it's going to be K-State coming home with the Governor's Cup. 

I know everyone is laughing at the Gill Quotes (GQ's) but they have me a bit worried.

Try to get the Lawrencetucky racist fans off his back for awhile.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2011, 08:24:46 PM »

Try to get the Lawrencetucky racist fans off his back for awhile.
I feel sorry for the Lawrencetucky  :opcat: fans.  They went from Fat Man to Black Man who both get beat by the Old Man.  :kstatriot:

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2011, 08:49:27 PM »
I love how people talk about the chances of beating one team or another team.  Based on talent, matchups, and intangibles surrounding the game any team could beat another.  When the talent disparity is as small as it is between KU and KSU the mathematical percentages of winning and losing are in-between 40 and 60%.  Last year's blowout was an anomaly that was fueled by the intagibles surrounding the game and the breaks that happened that turned it into a game that KU's spirit was broken and Murphy's Law kicked in.

We probably have a 10% chance of beating Oklahoma -- about the same chance as Steve Woodberry missing a clutch free throw.  Not much, but nobody should be shocked if it happens.  The quality of the team should be measured by the performance at the end of the year or over the course of the year.

All in all, I think there is a better chance KU wins the game this year than there is that KSU wins it.

What an apologetic assclown.

That being said, the Hawks of Jay from Kansas have a much formidable squad this year.  I'd be surprised if our match against them didn't come down to the last few wickets.  When the time comes, and those fearless warriors come charging through that inflatable archway and appear from that haze of smoke, I can only hope are players aren't intimidated.  Football works in mysterious ways indeed.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2011, 08:57:24 PM »
It will be a challenge. The rabid fans in Lawrence always make it difficult for the visitor with there great traditions and passion for the gridiron, and now they have strong Christian leadership at the helm. Count me as concerned.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2011, 09:00:46 PM »
It will be a challenge. The rabid fans in Lawrence always make it difficult for the visitor with there great traditions and passion for the gridiron, and now they have strong Christian leadership at the helm. Count me as concerned.
And I'll pray that your prayers are answered.  :drink:

Offline Fldermaus

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2011, 09:02:03 PM »

Also, remember this is a coach who once had a winning season in the MAC -- and he did it the right way.   Brace yourselves for a slugfest, Wildcat supporters.  This will be an old-fashioned brawl.

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2011, 09:03:10 PM »
I love how people talk about the chances of beating one team or another team.  Based on talent, matchups, and intangibles surrounding the game any team could beat another.  When the talent disparity is as small as it is between KU and KSU the mathematical percentages of winning and losing are in-between 40 and 60%.  Last year's blowout was an anomaly that was fueled by the intagibles surrounding the game and the breaks that happened that turned it into a game that KU's spirit was broken and Murphy's Law kicked in.

We probably have a 10% chance of beating Oklahoma -- about the same chance as Steve Woodberry missing a clutch free throw.  Not much, but nobody should be shocked if it happens.  The quality of the team should be measured by the performance at the end of the year or over the course of the year.

All in all, I think there is a better chance KU wins the game this year than there is that KSU wins it.

That being said, the Hawks of Jay from Kansas have a much formidable squad this year.  I'd be surprised if our match against them didn't come down to the last few wickets.  When the time comes, and those fearless warriors come charging through that inflatable archway and appear from that haze of smoke, I can only hope are players aren't intimidated.  Football works in mysterious ways indeed.

Think about the guy with the job of airing up the inflatable tunnel.  Just imagine the rush he gets when he's given the go ahead to inflate that SOB on game day.

Inflatable guy's boss:  "It's time."
Inflatable guy:  :excited:

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2011, 09:09:42 PM »

Think about the guy with the job of airing up the inflatable tunnel.  Just imagine the rush he gets when he's given the go ahead to inflate that SOB on game day.

Inflatable guy's boss:  "It's time."
Inflatable guy:  :excited:
He should fill it with prayers(hot air).

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2011, 09:20:23 PM »
Hilarious part is that we had terrible intangibles surrounding the game last year but we still killed them in regards to intangibles surrounding the game which speaks to how terrible KU's intangibles surrounding the game were last season word out of lawrence is that intangibles surrounding the game were a major area of focus during fall practice so we'll see if they can make it more of a game this season i doubt it though.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2011, 09:33:03 PM »
Hilarious part is that we had terrible intangibles surrounding the game last year but we still killed them in regards to intangibles surrounding the game which speaks to how terrible KU's intangibles surrounding the game were last season word out of lawrence is that intangibles surrounding the game were a major area of focus during fall practice so we'll see if they can make it more of a game this season i doubt it though.
:lol:
Do you think they have a prayer?

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2011, 09:36:10 PM »
I still think we hang at least 40. Will it be enough to win? Yes.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2011, 09:36:54 PM »

Do you know how to read Katdaddy? All I'm saying is that if they really have improved their intangibles surrounding the game as much as I've heard they could make a game of it. That is if the breaks and Murphy's law aren't total dicks to them again.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2011, 09:39:02 PM »

Do you know how to read Katdaddy? All I'm saying is that if they really have improved their intangibles surrounding the game as much as I've heard they could make a game of it. That is if the breaks and Murphy's law aren't total dicks to them again.
Murphy's Law can be a total Dick when OB is swinging it.  :gocho:

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2011, 09:42:43 PM »
Guys, my birthday is October 22nd -  does this help/hurt our chances?
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2011, 09:50:22 PM »

What are you going to wish for?

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2011, 09:56:14 PM »
Depends, do you celebrate like Thx. Giving day and roast a bird.  Only this time roast a Jayhawk.  :party:

Offline KSUsteve13

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2011, 10:06:30 PM »
There is no way ku is beating us. they are still unexpirienced. Have no defence. And their QB did terrible last year. It should be a bit closer though im saying 41 14 Go cats!  :ksu:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2011, 10:20:50 PM »
Scary  :ohno: