Author Topic: Frank!  (Read 5354 times)

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Frank!
« on: February 25, 2010, 01:11:27 PM »
On the Rome show. :bball:

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline kcchiefdav

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Frank!
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2010, 01:13:43 PM »
You know frank is a pro when he goes and gets jungle karma going into two of the biggest games of the year.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline get_HIT

• Combo-Fan
  • "I just love the Jayhawk...It should be killed."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2010, 01:19:40 PM »
that interview kicked ass.  PRESSURE!
"He was in the group of about four or five troll K-State fans who were celebrating like they had just won a national title." -BMW on get_HIT

Offline Kaiser Soze

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2010, 01:21:24 PM »
Recap?  Thank you.

Offline PandaXpanda

• Katpak'r
  • "is it too soon after 9/11 to be wearing pleats?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2010, 01:29:09 PM »
aren't you glad it wasn't you? - g.h.

Offline ArchE_Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2010, 01:30:53 PM »
Jim Rome war Frank Martin  :bball:

Offline RonLongshaft

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2010, 02:36:35 PM »

catzacker

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2010, 02:38:06 PM »
we lost the next game when frank was interviewed by jim rome after the UT win.   :ohno:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2010, 03:25:31 PM »
Damn, nice job Frank.  Wish I could have heard.

Offline leroylulu

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2010, 04:10:26 PM »
It was a great interview!  They just repeated it on the 610 afternoon show and Frank charmed the draws right off me.  Whatever dudes name who seems to always bag on ksu, manhattan, etc, as being something less than elite, basically guaranteed Frank wouldn't be back next year and now I'm  :ohno: and  :curse:!  Please tell me he'll be back!

Offline kcchiefdav

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2010, 04:12:51 PM »
It was a great interview!  They just repeated it on the 610 afternoon show and Frank charmed the draws right off me.  Whatever dudes name who seems to always bag on ksu, manhattan, etc, as being something less than elite, basically guaranteed Frank wouldn't be back next year and now I'm  :ohno: and  :curse:!  Please tell me he'll be back!

Do yourself a favor and never listen to 610 unless you hear frank martin is going to be interviewed.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Dub

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2010, 04:19:19 PM »
So it was Jim Rome's radio show or his TV show?

Offline Farley Grudge

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2010, 04:35:08 PM »
Radio.  Frank sounded good.  No "you know" or anything. Basically said if the coaches pressure each other.  They pressure the players.  That is why the kids can handle playing on the road etc.  Also pointed out if you can't get up to play 35 games a year you don't belong.  Don't recruit guys that are only interested in themselves (I took this to mean Mayo). Said if you cant handle pressure you will never succeed in life.

:cheers:  Frank, if you didn't have the stomach problem and could still drink.

Offline Levi

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2010, 05:47:51 PM »
Maybe I misheard, but did Rome insinuate Beasley was still on the team when he was recapping the interview?

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2010, 05:52:56 PM »
Maybe I misheard, but did Rome insinuate Beasley was still on the team when he was recapping the interview?

Misheard or misremembered? 

Offline Johnny Thunderbone

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2010, 05:57:26 PM »
Anyone know if the interview took place in hour 1, 2, or 3?
I love the guy but listening to him for 3 hours would be :romevoice: ri-DICULOUS.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2010, 06:00:39 PM »
Did he get wracked or whatever :dunno:

Offline kcchiefdav

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2010, 06:09:16 PM »
Anyone know if the interview took place in hour 1, 2, or 3?
I love the guy but listening to him for 3 hours would be :romevoice: ri-DICULOUS.

Hour 3...near the beginning of said hour.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Farley Grudge

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2010, 06:34:43 PM »

No, Frank was saying in the interview that the reason guys listen to the coaching is that Beasley and Walker did a couple of years ago.  How Mike and Bill put the team first and weren't just thinking of themselvs.  That is how I heard it anyway.

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2010, 07:29:28 PM »
Responding to an e-mail...

Quote from: Jim Rome
This guy says, "Hey Rome, who do you take in a fight?  Jack del Rio or Frank Martin?"  Great call.  Great call.  Boy that's so tough.  Jack del Rio is still put together no.  Jack del Rio still gives off the vibe that you don't want any part of that.  Jack del Rio played in the NFL for a long time. 

Frank Martin, though, is all business.  Frank Martin is one of those cats that not only can you not kill, you really can't even hurt him.  He's coming forward no matter what the adversity.  No matter what you take to him or do to him, Frank Martin is coming forward.  So to the age old question, if you had a fight club of coaches, who's gonna be the last one standing?  If you're asking me point blank in a dark alley, Jack del Rio or Frank Martin, and I have to answer, I'm gonna say Bill Romanowski.
How bout this, I'm not messing with either one of those guys.

Offline Levi

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2010, 09:08:53 AM »

No, Frank was saying in the interview that the reason guys listen to the coaching is that Beasley and Walker did a couple of years ago.  How Mike and Bill put the team first and weren't just thinking of themselvs.  That is how I heard it anyway.

Right, that's what Frank said. But then after Frank was off the air, Rome recapped the interview said Frank made a great point about Walker and Beasley buying in and wanting to be coached... then said something like... "Now Beasley is still there, he's older and Kansas State is No. 6 in the country."

Offline SleepFighter

• Katpak'r
  • I'll wait here for my Cherry Coke Zero.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2010, 09:20:30 AM »

Right, that's what Frank said. But then after Frank was off the air, Rome recapped the interview said Frank made a great point about Walker and Beasley buying in and wanting to be coached... then said something like... "Now Beasley is still there, he's older and Kansas State is No. 6 in the country."

No.  He said something like, "Now Beasley is no longer there, and Kansas State is No. 6 in the country."

Offline Levi

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2010, 09:24:16 AM »

No.  He said something like, "Now Beasley is no longer there, and Kansas State is No. 6 in the country."

That makes more sense.

Online KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2010, 10:04:55 AM »
Can you listen to that crap free? Jimbo's site is asking me to pay.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2010, 12:30:28 PM »
Can you listen to that crap free? Jimbo's site is asking me to pay.

Torrent