Author Topic: Bowl Projections  (Read 337523 times)

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Bowl Projections
« Reply #175 on: November 12, 2014, 12:44:22 PM »
Seaworld is trash and I will never support anything that treats whales like that.
Luke's stock is rising as Winters continues to validate his greatness. Add Luke and Winters to my list! Also, EMAWBLAST! and Tobias!

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 12, 2014, 12:46:47 PM »
Seaworld is trash and I will never support anything that treats whales like that.

Have you ever had whale though?  Delicious. 

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 12, 2014, 12:49:07 PM »

Have you ever had whale though?  Delicious.
I've never seen that as an option on a menu. FWIW, the only seafood I've eaten is Red Lobster and Long John Silvers.
I just won't go to Seaworld or zoos because I don't think animals should be held in captivity like that.
Luke's stock is rising as Winters continues to validate his greatness. Add Luke and Winters to my list! Also, EMAWBLAST! and Tobias!

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 12, 2014, 01:00:01 PM »
do you have a dog Luke?

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 12, 2014, 01:06:26 PM »
Never heard of this Russell Bowl.
Well Cf3, you're in for quite the surprise. The bowl formerly known as the "champs sports bowl" is in beautiful downtown Orlando. Take your family to some of the greatest tourist attractions in the world while you're there! Sea World (this is mandatory), Arabian Knights, go-karts! or the vastly overrated Disney World. Did I mention they are building a new citrus bowl?  :excited: You'll get to watch the 'cats crush some idiot ACC team while you're kids have the time of their young lifes. It's a win-win situation.  :emawkid:
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: November 12, 2014, 01:42:09 PM »
way to squash my dreams TC.

It's what I'm here for.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 12, 2014, 01:45:53 PM »
Right now, I'd say there 3 bowls we could go to. Cotton, Alamo, and Russell Athletic. We'd only get Cotton if we win out. We'd get the Russell if we lose to WV and BU (most likely, I would assume Alamo would want OU over us if they can get it). Anything else barring losing to ku too means we land in the Alamo, which seems to be the most likely option, which really isn't bad considering it's the highest bowl Big 12's got that's not in the CFP/CFP Bowl sites.

If this happens we'll go to the Texas Bowl.

I only see us going to the RAB if either Baylor or TCU loses one of their other games. 10-2 gets us the Cotton, 9-3 gets the Alamo, and 8-4 gets the Texas. Orlando would be fun, but I don't see it happening if they can have WV or OU.
I agree if OU wins out but if OU gets another loss (they still have @TT and home for OSU) I could see only one of TCU or BU in the playoff or at-large with the other in the Alamo putting us as really the only option for Orlando.  Worst case is we beat BU but both of us are snubbed as an at-large at 10-2.
Whoever gets in the playoff, the other team will be in the new bowl alliance at the fiesta or cotton bowl. That leaves the third team with the Alamo bowl and the 4th at the RAb. That's why I think we're a lock for the Alamo.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 03:10:48 PM by WackyCat08 »

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #182 on: November 12, 2014, 01:54:25 PM »
Maybe we can get back into the top 10? :crossfingers:

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 12, 2014, 02:09:10 PM »
Never heard of this Russell Bowl.
Well Cf3, you're in for quite the surprise. The bowl formerly known as the "champs sports bowl" is in beautiful downtown Orlando. Take your family to some of the greatest tourist attractions in the world while you're there! Sea World (this is mandatory), Arabian Knights, go-karts! or the vastly overrated Disney World. Did I mention they are building a new citrus bowl?  :excited: You'll get to watch the 'cats crush some idiot ACC team while you're kids have the time of their young lifes. It's a win-win situation.  :emawkid:

Man, this sounds like the Holiday trip of a lifetime.

Fun fact: Orlando has a Medieval Times!!!!!

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 12, 2014, 02:13:39 PM »
I think the Royals broke my friend, CF3. He is letting the location of an overrated dinner theater determine where he'd like the Cats to play their bowl game.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 12, 2014, 02:18:31 PM »
I think the Royals broke my friend, CF3. He is letting the location of an overrated dinner theater determine where he'd like the Cats to play their bowl game.

Anything outside of the CFP and Selection Committee bowls are all pretty much the same IMO.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 12, 2014, 02:20:24 PM »
OMG. The Magic host Cleveland on 12/26!!!!! Fly in on the 26th and watch Lebron hoop? Yes pls!

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 12, 2014, 03:08:41 PM »

Anything outside of the CFP and Selection Committee bowls are all pretty much the same IMO.

yes, confirmed. location and an easier win, please.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 12, 2014, 03:36:20 PM »

Right now, I'd say there 3 bowls we could go to. Cotton, Alamo, and Russell Athletic. We'd only get Cotton if we win out. We'd get the Russell if we lose to WV and BU (most likely, I would assume Alamo would want OU over us if they can get it). Anything else barring losing to ku too means we land in the Alamo, which seems to be the most likely option, which really isn't bad considering it's the highest bowl Big 12's got that's not in the CFP/CFP Bowl sites.

Alamo would go OU if we both end 9-3, so it would require us losing both to give OU a shot to jump us.

Offline dmartin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 12, 2014, 03:38:55 PM »

Alamo would go OU if we both end 9-3, so it would require us losing both to give OU a shot to jump us.

But would OU get chosen over KSU after OU had such a "disappointing season"?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 12, 2014, 03:39:08 PM »
I just wish Orlando was on one of the ocean sides. Instead, it's in the middle of the state.  :curse:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 12, 2014, 03:40:14 PM »
Almost all bowl projections right now have the qatz vs UCLA at the Alamo. I think that would be fun, but I'd love to play a PAC team that we haven't seen yet.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 12, 2014, 03:40:49 PM »
Does inviting OU to play in their game hurt the image of the Alamo Bowl?

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 12, 2014, 03:41:37 PM »
I just wish Orlando was on the Gulf one of the or ocean sides. Instead, it's in the middle of the state.  :curse:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 12, 2014, 03:44:13 PM »
I just wish Orlando was on the Gulf one of the or ocean sides. Instead, it's in the middle of the state.  :curse:
Well yeah, but you get the point.

Offline kst8cat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: November 12, 2014, 04:21:14 PM »
Almost all bowl projections right now have the qatz vs UCLA at the Alamo. I think that would be fun, but I'd love to play a PAC team that we haven't seen yet.

Not sure what you mean by "a PAC team that we haven't seen yet".  If you mean one the Cats have not played in recent years, then UCLA would not qualify since we played them in 2009 and 2010.  Not that it matters to me who we play, I just want to win whatever bowl game we go to. 

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 12, 2014, 04:23:29 PM »

Not sure what you mean by "a PAC team that we haven't seen yet".  If you mean one the Cats have not played in recent years, then UCLA would not qualify since we played them in 2009 and 2010.  Not that it matters to me who we play, I just want to win whatever bowl game we go to.
I would like to play Arizona. We've seen Oregon, Arizona St., Washington, and others. I think playing teams we haven't seen, is a lot of fun.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 12, 2014, 04:37:00 PM »
I just wish Orlando was on one of the ocean sides. Instead, it's in the middle of the state.  :curse:
There isn't much to do in Orlando outside of the parks and the week between Xmas and NYE is when it is the most expensive.  It's less than 2 hour drive from TPA to downtown Orlando, flying into Tampa and spending most of the trip there but driving over to Orlando the night of the game wouldn't be the worst bowl trip. 

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 12, 2014, 04:39:16 PM »
There isn't much to do in Orlando outside of the parks and the week between Xmas and NYE is when it is the most expensive.  It's less than 2 hour drive from TPA to downtown Orlando, flying into Tampa and spending most of the trip there but driving over to Orlando the night of the game wouldn't be the worst bowl trip.
Yeah, one of my good friends from college has lived out there the past 4 years. I usually make an annual trip to Tampa. I was just hoping for some new scenery.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 12, 2014, 05:08:02 PM »
Cats win out. FIESTA.