Author Topic: Bowl Projections  (Read 337454 times)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Re: Bowl Projections
« Reply #150 on: November 04, 2014, 01:31:11 PM »
'lukeblast!  :love:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 04, 2014, 01:32:00 PM »
I wonder how many other fanbases complain about the idea of playing in the Cotton or Fiesta bowls. Probably not very many!

OU has complained about going to the Fiesta every year. They are pretty much the only ones I know of, though.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #153 on: November 05, 2014, 09:46:43 AM »
http://espn.go.com/college-football/bowls/projections?season=2014&week=11  :Yuck:

Everyone is assuming we lose to TCU and Baylor (at a minimum), which would mean we'd probably fall behind TCU, OU, and/or Baylor as 4th in the pecking order.

The only difference between the Alamo and Russell is whether or not we get two teams into the CFB Playoff Bowls.  Like TCU in the actual playoff and, say, a 10-2 OU in the Cotton Bowl or something.  That would if we were 9-3 and Baylor were 9-3, they may take us in the Alamo over them, or we get bumped to the Russell.

I've seen some projections of us in the Texas.

Really, by beating TCU, we probably go no lower than the Alamo.  But the wide assumption is that we lose this game.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 05, 2014, 09:54:58 AM »
'lukeblast!  :love:

this is the bowl projections thread, wacky. if it got posted somewhere else in the incorrect thread, i believe there's an exception clause in the luking handbook for that. so, luking denied.

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 06, 2014, 08:58:55 AM »
Our bowl pairings are awful unless you make the Cotton or higher. The rest of it is garbage. I'll never love the Alamo. You all know why.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 06, 2014, 09:00:52 AM »
I'm actually excited about this years bowl. Ms. wacky wants to partake and I think that could be a lot of fun.  :D

Offline CopperBowl

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 06, 2014, 09:05:57 AM »

I'm actually excited about this years bowl. Ms. wacky wants to partake and I think that could be a lot of fun.  :D

Katdaddy, No!!

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 06, 2014, 12:05:25 PM »
Our bowl pairings are awful unless you make the Cotton or higher. The rest of it is garbage. I'll never love the Alamo. You all know why.
It is remarkable how we have made 11 bowls since then and managed to avoided it.  It is maybe the best bowl tie in we have from a destination/travel/opponent stand point and hope we go there if don't make the playoff, maybe even over the Cotton as an atlarge since we might get stuck with the non P5 opponent.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 06, 2014, 01:54:56 PM »
Good God. Anything less than the Cotton and this season is an absolute travesty. Losing 3 of 4 to finish it out? Puke.

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 06, 2014, 02:01:13 PM »
Good God. Anything less than the Cotton and this season is an absolute travesty. Losing 3 of 4 to finish it out? Puke.
eh, loses at Baylor and at TCU could land us in San Antone, I wouldn't view that as a meltdown.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 12, 2014, 11:20:50 AM »
We're pretty much a lock for the Alamo Bowl. I've already started to look into flights and bowl game tickets. Somehow, their website is down, but tickets are starting at $55 on stubhub.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 12, 2014, 11:55:27 AM »
We're pretty much a lock for the Alamo Bowl. I've already started to look into flights and bowl game tickets. Somehow, their website is down, but tickets are starting at $55 on stubhub.

WC why do you say we're a lock for the Alamo?

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 12, 2014, 12:06:51 PM »
Right now, I'd say there 3 bowls we could go to. Cotton, Alamo, and Russell Athletic. We'd only get Cotton if we win out. We'd get the Russell if we lose to WV and BU (most likely, I would assume Alamo would want OU over us if they can get it). Anything else barring losing to ku too means we land in the Alamo, which seems to be the most likely option, which really isn't bad considering it's the highest bowl Big 12's got that's not in the CFP/CFP Bowl sites.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 12, 2014, 12:15:11 PM »
Never heard of this Russell Bowl.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: November 12, 2014, 12:15:27 PM »
Right now, I'd say there 3 bowls we could go to. Cotton, Alamo, and Russell Athletic. We'd only get Cotton if we win out. We'd get the Russell if we lose to WV and BU (most likely, I would assume Alamo would want OU over us if they can get it). Anything else barring losing to ku too means we land in the Alamo, which seems to be the most likely option, which really isn't bad considering it's the highest bowl Big 12's got that's not in the CFP/CFP Bowl sites.
Seems like the Big12 getting a team in the playoff AND a team in the at-large is required for us to get the Alamo, right?

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 12, 2014, 12:17:55 PM »
Woah! The Russell Bowl is in Orlando?

:driving:

etc.

:excited:

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 12, 2014, 12:18:14 PM »
There's a slight chance TCU and BU both get in the playoff. That would send us to the Cotton, assuming we beat WVU and KU.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 12, 2014, 12:22:23 PM »
OMG. Skinny Benny get in here. We could play in the Russell Bowl in their rebuilt stadium. We'd be like the inaugural event!!!!

http://www.floridacitrussports.com/stadium/reconstruction.aspx

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 12, 2014, 12:23:15 PM »
There's a slight chance TCU and BU both get in the playoff. That would send us to the Cotton, assuming we beat WVU and KU.
I am not sure that would work, I don't think the big 12 has any kind of "in" with the Cotton anymore and the playoff committee determines who goes where.  So the scenario that sends TCU & BU to the playoff prolly makes a SEC West team a lock for the Cotton with whole bunch of 2 loss teams ahead of the 3 loss cats.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 12, 2014, 12:27:28 PM »
Forget Cotton dudes. Russell bowl or bust. Fast pass to haunted mansion here I come!!!!!

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 12, 2014, 12:29:19 PM »

If this happens we'll go to the Texas Bowl.

I only see us going to the RAB if either Baylor or TCU loses one of their other games. 10-2 gets us the Cotton, 9-3 gets the Alamo, and 8-4 gets the Texas. Orlando would be fun, but I don't see it happening if they can have WV or OU.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 12, 2014, 12:31:08 PM »
way to squash my dreams TC.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 12, 2014, 12:35:21 PM »

If this happens we'll go to the Texas Bowl.

I only see us going to the RAB if either Baylor or TCU loses one of their other games. 10-2 gets us the Cotton, 9-3 gets the Alamo, and 8-4 gets the Texas. Orlando would be fun, but I don't see it happening if they can have WV or OU.
I agree if OU wins out but if OU gets another loss (they still have @TT and home for OSU) I could see only one of TCU or BU in the playoff or at-large with the other in the Alamo putting us as really the only option for Orlando.  Worst case is we beat BU but both of us are snubbed as an at-large at 10-2.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 12, 2014, 12:41:15 PM »
I like calling it "the RAB". FWIW.