Author Topic: Ron Paul moneybomb.  (Read 9279 times)

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Ron Paul moneybomb.
« Reply #50 on: August 25, 2011, 08:20:30 AM »
Congress only has to agree with him on the social and economic issues. They don't have much say in foreign policy.

They hold the purse strings, and thus have a pretty damn good hold on Foreign policy as well. The President is not our Foreign Policy master.

LOL at Congress holding the purse strings on a man who wants to cut the budget anyway. What are they going to do, not fund the planes to fly the troops home?

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 25, 2011, 01:29:48 PM »
Congress only has to agree with him on the social and economic issues. They don't have much say in foreign policy.

They hold the purse strings, and thus have a pretty damn good hold on Foreign policy as well. The President is not our Foreign Policy master.

LOL at Congress holding the purse strings on a man who wants to cut the budget anyway. What are they going to do, not fund the planes to fly the troops home?

Who is this man?

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 25, 2011, 01:33:07 PM »

Who is this man?

Obama and Pelosi, of course.

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 25, 2011, 01:34:41 PM »
So glad Bush set a precedent of just invading without congressional approval.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_Resolution

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Declaration_of_war_by_the_United_States

There is a nice list of conflicts after the list of declared wars that have been authorized by Congress.

You just proved my point. We haven't formally declared war since WWII. Congressional approval for everything else is practically meaningless. For instance, the president can just pull some bull crap like this: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/16/us/politics/16powers.html?pagewanted=all
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 01:40:41 PM by pike »

Offline the KHAN!

• Katpak'r
  • The Prince of Darkness and Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 25, 2011, 05:24:58 PM »
Your point was that the President is the soul master of foreign affairs...which is just wrong.

But let's look at the idiots more zany idea.

He want to cut FEMA funding....here's a nice little quote about Aid to people who were effected by Mississippi River flooding.

“If it’s too dangerous (for people to live there), why dump the responsibility on the taxpayer,”

eff that, you ignorant old baffoon. I guess we should all move away from the West Coast, due to the danger of earth quakes, everyone must leave Texas, Oklahoma, and Kansas due to tornadoes....don't even get him started on the entire state of Hawaii.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 05:31:10 PM by the KHAN! »
The Scheme Doctor
Up the Banana Wall

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 25, 2011, 07:03:56 PM »

Who is this man?

Obama and Pelosi, of course.

Ohhhhhh, my sarcasm meter must be broken.   :lol:

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 25, 2011, 08:25:19 PM »
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 25, 2011, 10:05:18 PM »
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 25, 2011, 11:36:09 PM »
Your point was that the President is the soul master of foreign affairs...which is just wrong.

But let's look at the idiots more zany idea.

He want to cut FEMA funding....here's a nice little quote about Aid to people who were effected by Mississippi River flooding.

“If it’s too dangerous (for people to live there), why dump the responsibility on the taxpayer,”

eff that, you ignorant old baffoon. I guess we should all move away from the West Coast, due to the danger of earth quakes, everyone must leave Texas, Oklahoma, and Kansas due to tornadoes....don't even get him started on the entire state of Hawaii.

I think you're missing the point. It's because the government fucks everything up, even disaster relief. Ask hurricane Katrina. It's another chance for the government to hire incompetent people with no accountability. Sometimes throwing more money at something doesn't make it better. Look at public schools. They suck. Besides that's why we have things like the Red Cross.

Not to mention, FEMA is the epitome of "big government". They have the power to displace entire populations, and can override the constitution for whatever reason they want, enact their own executive orders, among other things. It has bad news written all over it.

As far as the President and foreign policy, the job has just become a puppet for the corporations. Or, as George Carline would say, the "owners" of the country:

EDIT: Ron Paul on FEMA in the first part of this video

Makes some really good points
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 01:33:35 PM by pike »