Author Topic: Daily Show >>> any 24 hr news  (Read 2902 times)

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Daily Show >>> any 24 hr news
« on: August 19, 2011, 08:51:51 PM »

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Daily Show >>> any 24 hr news
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 08:53:53 PM »
Jon Stewart did more for the Ron Paul campaign in 8 minutes than the entire mainstream media combined.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 09:30:51 PM »
if he ran for president he would win

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2011, 09:33:03 PM »
I'd probably vote for him although I disagree with him on a ton of stuff for fact that he's not a lying sack of crap like every other politician

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2011, 10:43:52 PM »
I'd probably vote for him although I disagree with him on a ton of stuff for fact that he's not a lying sack of crap like every other politician

I'd vote for him because he'd attack the Military Industrial Complex.

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2011, 10:56:34 PM »
Do we really need poor people?  I say we get rid of them in order to make a master race.

Offline fatty fat fat

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2011, 11:11:51 PM »
the things they say/characterize about the poor is flat out difficult to hear.  :embarrassed:

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2011, 03:01:09 AM »
the things they say/characterize about the poor is flat out difficult to hear.  :embarrassed:
I know, all that money they spend on their fancy pants dishwashers are taking jobs away from good ole american dishwashers. 
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2011, 04:01:16 AM »
Where does the line fr2m for sheeples?

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2011, 09:27:20 AM »

Statements like the one that is the title of this thread are what makes Americans so goddamn rough ridin' stupid it hurts.

goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2011, 11:30:37 AM »

Statements like the one that is the title of this thread are what makes Americans so goddamn rough ridin' stupid it hurts.

which is why daily show viewers have a better understanding of today's issues than other news agencies? 

Also see the Ron Paul is ignored thread.

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2011, 12:03:18 PM »

In a perfect world this would be true. But Jon Stewart is fighting the good fight, exposing the media for the cowards they are.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2011, 02:03:22 PM »

which is why daily show viewers have a better understanding of today's issues than other news agencies? 

Agreed Ron Paul is ignored.  Pretty sure Daily Show and Cable News viewers are not mutually exclusive. 

Does anyone remember when that show was actually funny?  Craig Kilborn was hilarious. 

I love when someone calls out John Stewart for being the ignorant hack he is and he replies, "hey many, this is just a comedy show, everyone knows they shouldn't get their news here, I'm not pretending to be the news".  Nevermind, the entire point of his show (in his mind) is to shape political thought in this country.  What a cop-out, phony, fraud.  I like Ron Paul (the last time I voted was for him), and the attention he gets from the Daily Show will likely help him, but that still doesn't make J. Stewart any less of a fraud.

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2011, 11:05:34 PM »

Statements like the one that is the title of this thread are what makes Americans so goddamn effing stupid it hurts.

lets give a quiz to the Tea Party and ask a simple question "who is the House Minority Leader"....?

I'm wondering how many could answer correctly.

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2011, 11:07:02 PM »
I love when someone calls out John Stewart for being the ignorant hack he is

like who? who has pegged him? because the Daily Show is killing it pretty much every night.....and its Fox News that lobs the freebies...its almost too easy.

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2011, 11:12:01 PM »
I'm not even that big of a Jon Stewart fan, but like I said he does a good an excellent job exposing people for the crap heads they are...especially Fox News.

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2011, 11:13:19 PM »

I'd vote for him because he'd attack the Military Industrial Complex.

That didn't work too well for Kennedy. Stewart knows his boundaries.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2011, 05:44:12 AM »

Agreed Ron Paul is ignored.  Pretty sure Daily Show and Cable News viewers are not mutually exclusive. 

Does anyone remember when that show was actually funny?  Craig Kilborn was hilarious. 

I love when someone calls out John Stewart for being the ignorant hack he is and he replies, "hey many, this is just a comedy show, everyone knows they shouldn't get their news here, I'm not pretending to be the news".  Nevermind, the entire point of his show (in his mind) is to shape political thought in this country.  What a cop-out, phony, fraud.  I like Ron Paul (the last time I voted was for him), and the attention he gets from the Daily Show will likely help him, but that still doesn't make J. Stewart any less of a fraud.
I really think you need to learn to read between the lines a bit on somethings and to examine that some of the segments are complete bullshit and some are truly meant to be news worth pieces.  There is a reason why conservative leaders say he gives a great interview.  I've seen from multiple sources and parties that he is much more willing to engage on issues and let people respond point to point, instead of the fox news method of hiring talking heads to scream at the guest (Bill O, Hanity).  Stewart regularly has a broader catalog of guests than any other 24 hr news org in the US.   

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2011, 09:04:04 PM »

But guys, IT'S NOT NEWS!?!?!  :jerk:

This thread is an indictment of the Birther Pit.  Jon Stewart "getting people" and "calling people out" in the name of satire (and sometimes news, at least until someone calls him out, then its satire) warrants a Pulitzer prize.  God/evolution save us all.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2011, 09:55:35 PM »

This thread is an indictment of the Birther Pit.  Jon Stewart "getting people" and "calling people out" in the name of satire (and sometimes news, at least until someone calls him out, then its satire) warrants a Pulitzer prize.  God/evolution save us all.

what is news in your mind than?  Stew has been better and analyzing the facts and breaking down current events than any other news show on a 24 hr network.  He has better news interviews with politicians, heads of state and public leaders. 

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2011, 10:05:37 PM »

its more closely described as news about news...if that really makes any sense.