Author Topic: KstateHD.TV  (Read 127655 times)

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Re: KstateHD.TV
« Reply #750 on: August 23, 2017, 08:58:15 AM »
titanically stupid smdh

Wow, eff context, huh.

So is it okay to discuss what the hell is going to happen to all of that tier 3 revenue or will we keep treating the board like kroger brand tmb?

how much revenue $$ are we talking about?

what are the specifics of this deal?  let's layout the specifics and then we can really roll up our sleeves and talk business.
i'm guessing you have all of the numbers.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: August 23, 2017, 08:59:26 AM »
After KU did their Tier III with TWC/ESPN a couple of years ago, I was with some of my bestest little KU buddies in an establishment that was not served by TWC, and it was jammed with other great TSC KU friends as they watched the game that was obviously being streamed on ESPN3.    I think the JHK NTWK has added additional providers since, but needless to say outside the revelry of being able to hang with a great dude (who just smiles and affirms as the little KU buddies extol the greatness of KU and KU basketball) such as myself, my little KU buddies were not pleased with Cheyenne Zulu.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: August 23, 2017, 11:42:21 AM »
titanically stupid smdh

Wow, eff context, huh.

So is it okay to discuss what the hell is going to happen to all of that tier 3 revenue or will we keep treating the board like kroger brand tmb?

what are the specifics of this deal?  let's layout the specifics and then we can really roll up our sleeves and talk business.

Man, do you read or pay attention to anything relevant posted on this board or do you just wait for opportunities to be a sarcastic douche? The following has been posted enough in the cigars thread that it should be common knowledge, guess not.

According to USA Today, Kansas State produced more revenue last year than Pac-12 members Colorado, Oregon State, Utah and Washington State. The Wildcats also bagged roughly $4 million last year in tier 3 revenue from K-StateHD.TV. That is more than double the relatively paltry $1.4 million in TV revenue the Pac-12 distributed to its members.

So is it fair to ask where all that money is now coming from or should we just talk about Big Brother?

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: August 23, 2017, 12:09:01 PM »
titanically stupid smdh

Wow, eff context, huh.

Man, do you read or pay attention to anything relevant posted on this board or do you just wait for opportunities to be a sarcastic douche? The following has been posted enough in the cigars thread that it should be common knowledge, guess not.

According to USA Today, Kansas State produced more revenue last year than Pac-12 members Colorado, Oregon State, Utah and Washington State. The Wildcats also bagged roughly $4 million last year in tier 3 revenue from K-StateHD.TV. That is more than double the relatively paltry $1.4 million in TV revenue the Pac-12 distributed to its members.

So is it fair to ask where all that money is now coming from or should we just talk about Big Brother?

lulz, take it down a notch.  no reason to get titanically angry, bro.

anyway, the above post is Mr. Angry's way of saying he doesn't have a clue how much revenue this recent deal is leaving on the table, if any.  that was the question i'd asked fwiw.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: August 23, 2017, 12:14:39 PM »
FY 2016:

Conference Distributions which includes Tier I/II Media:  $31.44 million

Tier III Radio Network/FoxSports/K-StateHDTV:  $4.40 million

This year it's about $34 million/$4.7 million

I'd say that kstatehdtv is a very small portion of that Tier III, and I would not be surprised if they actually equalled the money in advertising sales for a broader audience not blocked by a pay wall. 

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: August 23, 2017, 12:50:16 PM »

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: August 23, 2017, 01:00:36 PM »
2n kenn with the all caps, wow

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: August 23, 2017, 01:02:09 PM »
I would not be surprised if they actually equalled the money in advertising sales for a broader audience not blocked by a pay wall. 

this would be my take too but i'll defer to mir since he called the decision titanically dumb. i'll have to assume he has more information than you or i

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: August 23, 2017, 01:02:15 PM »
AWWWW YEAHHHH, TIME TO LOGIN

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: August 23, 2017, 01:03:04 PM »
titanically stupid smdh

Wow, eff context, huh.

anyway, the above post is Mr. Angry's way of saying he doesn't have a clue how much revenue this recent deal is leaving on the table, if any.  that was the question i'd asked fwiw.

That is how I understood your question, which I think is a good one.

You sarcastic douche

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: August 23, 2017, 01:39:28 PM »
I would not be surprised if they actually equalled the money in advertising sales for a broader audience not blocked by a pay wall. 

this would be my take too but i'll defer to mir since he called the decision titanically dumb. i'll have to assume he has more information than you or i

ESPN3 pays rights fees to K-State for FB game (+ other sports). Those fees will be equal or greater than money K-State used to get from kstatehdtv subscriptions. Plus greater distribution / easier access /more exposure.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: August 23, 2017, 01:41:16 PM »
 :kstatriot:

Offline fun muffin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: August 23, 2017, 01:41:27 PM »

ESPN3 pays rights fees to K-State for FB game (+ other sports). Those fees will be equal or greater than money K-State used to get from kstatehdtv subscriptions. Plus greater distribution / easier access /more exposure.

:love: :love: :love: :love:

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: August 23, 2017, 01:42:32 PM »

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #765 on: August 23, 2017, 01:42:56 PM »
Hows life sans Currie CC?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: August 23, 2017, 01:46:24 PM »
Nice work new AD! :cheers:

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: August 23, 2017, 02:03:10 PM »
Titanically brainy

Titanically tay tay
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #768 on: August 23, 2017, 03:14:03 PM »
Are we still going to get commercial free replays on Monday/Tuesday on KStateHD.tv?  Because those are awesome, and I swear by them.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: August 23, 2017, 03:18:57 PM »
Are we still going to get commercial free replays on Monday/Tuesday on KStateHD.tv?  Because those are awesome, and I swear by them.

This, I will have to partake in this now that they are free. It will aid in post game analysis; I will continue to do live breakdowns of "advanced" football stats based on the Connelly 5 factors.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: August 23, 2017, 03:41:18 PM »
titanically stupid smdh

Wow, eff context, huh.

I have not once said we were leaving money on the table, so I'm not sure what you're reading. I asked about the tier 3 revenue twice, never made a statement.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: August 23, 2017, 03:44:29 PM »

Wait, I did?

Unless we are getting paid a good amount of money for it, moving the game to ESPN3 is titanically stupid.

Congrats on getting me to reply though, and keeping the pissclams show going. I'll do whatever I need to do to prevent you from having a temper tantrum and "quitting" the board or banning someone.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: August 23, 2017, 03:53:38 PM »

Currie was pretty open about how much money we were getting from KStateHDtv, I wonder if we'll get similar candor with this deal. I also wonder what effect this has on our deal with Learfield. SIDEARM Sports is now owned by Learfield. Obviously we were getting two bites of the apple with CBS owning the rights to KStateHDtv and Learfield getting the rest of the tier 3 rights. That $4 million was only from KStateHDtv and not from any of the radio or advertising rights fees that we were getting from Learfield as well. There are a lot of layers to this onion.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: August 23, 2017, 03:58:57 PM »
sounds like a titanically big onion

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: August 23, 2017, 04:04:08 PM »