Author Topic: Tex  (Read 2159 times)

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Tex
« on: February 25, 2010, 07:39:43 AM »

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline kcchiefdav

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Tex
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2010, 08:32:30 AM »
Good thing those a$$holes didn't do it a year earlier when he could have enjoyed it.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Ghost of Stan Parrish

• I found my password
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2010, 08:47:18 AM »
Good thing those a$$holes didn't do it a year earlier when he could have enjoyed it.

Seriously!  In what alternate universe was Norm Stewart (class of 2007) more deserving of induction?  Screw this "hall of fame."
"I'm thankful our MHK forefathers had the foresight to lynch white dudes so that we might be able to throw up the mob with a clear conscience."

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2010, 10:43:16 AM »
I'm happy he finally did get it.  Remember he does have KSU ties so I'm shocked. He ever got it.
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2010, 10:44:16 AM »

His health is probably the only reason they woke up to realize he should be in before he's 6 ft. under.
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2010, 10:51:48 AM »
interesting factoid:  this will happen during next year's CBE classic featuring sister school Duke, K-State (Duke's sister school), Marquette, and some other loser school.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Ghost of Stan Parrish

• I found my password
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2010, 11:23:31 AM »
No!  It's just insulting at this point.  How many lame-ass coaches have they inducted before Tex into this Hall of Lame?  I'd like to seriously see someone argue that Norm Stewart or Lefty freakin' Dreisell were more deserving.

I say Tex should boycott the induction -- don't send anyone.

I've got my anger up.   :curse:
"I'm thankful our MHK forefathers had the foresight to lynch white dudes so that we might be able to throw up the mob with a clear conscience."

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2010, 10:21:25 AM »
interesting factoid:  this will happen during next year's CBE classic featuring sister school Duke, K-State (Duke's sister school), Marquette, and some other loser school.

gonzaga

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2010, 12:15:00 PM »

gonzaga
ya, gonna be a huge tournament.  two top 10s, a top 15, and whatever marquette is.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2010, 12:22:31 PM »

gonzaga
ya, gonna be a huge tournament.  two top 10s, a top 15, and whatever marquette is.

GSCTOAT

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2010, 07:36:59 PM »

gonzaga

When do you think they'll announce this officially?   :crossfingers: