Author Topic: zenger/ku/conf realignment  (Read 45037 times)

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
Re: zenger/ku/conf realignment
« Reply #200 on: August 13, 2011, 09:30:56 AM »
True story, I have posted and read this thread several times and had no idea what Zenger was until I read the paper this morning.    :comeatme:

Offline LilSmokyMcIntyre

• Fan
  • The (wo)man the myth the legend
    • View Profile
    • http://twitter.com/#!/HotDogsKC
« Reply #201 on: August 13, 2011, 10:29:31 PM »
After watching this, I'm glad we got these old timers out of our strong grouping of member institutions. Btw is it a requirement that all rivals websites hire a young co-ed to complete bs interviews and be subject to creepy advances by the website owner (Fitz)?

:powerespect:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 13, 2011, 10:35:30 PM »
Can not wait to get wildfratcountry's take on the interviewer's cargo shorts.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 13, 2011, 10:52:41 PM »
Can not confirm, but am hearing rumblings about an Emergency KBOR meeting.   Pretty much the entire agenda will be how to finally rectify the "ku problem" so K-State will be free to move in the athletic direction it needs to move. 

Even hearing the Kansas Attorney General may be in attendance.  Anyone else hearing this . . .

Could it be the umbelicle cord from Mothership K-State is finally being cut?

Developing . . .

P.S.  K-State's statements about "commitment" to the Big 12? Sources say that K-State has a $hitpile of smoke bombs behind the curtain and they're just lighting them up one after the other, don't believe anything in any public statement from K-State about "commitment" to any conference. 

Working the phones in Anderson . . .

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 13, 2011, 11:05:47 PM »
Can not confirm, but am hearing rumblings about an Emergency KBOR meeting.   Pretty much the entire agenda will be how to finally rectify the "ku problem" so K-State will be free to move in the athletic direction it needs to move. 

Even hearing the Kansas Attorney General may be in attendance.  Anyone else hearing this . . .

Developing . . .

P.S.  K-State's statements about "commitment" to the Big 12? Sources say that K-State has a $hitpile of smoke bombs behind the curtain and they're just lighting them up one after the other, don't believe anything in any public statement from K-State about "commitment" to any conference. 

about the only thing i can say is that ksu and a&m have more in common than most people would think. nbaf, DoD, ft riley, shared programs and defense dollars.

if the sec adds a&m and my sources say that it's less likely today than thursday, they need to add another team and it won't be from typical sec territory. look for mizzou or kstate with a&m's obvious choice being ksu. i don't know how much pull a&m will have though and whether or not ksu getting in will sway their final decision to accept. i've heard it might. this is from high ranking people in DoD and not ksu or a&m fwiw.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 11:43:59 PM by Rick Daris »

Offline FHSU92

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 13, 2011, 11:07:42 PM »

Developing . . .

At 5:36 pm ADJC was heading west on Kimball LOLing in his black Jeep/GMC.  I was like (to my wife), "hey, that's ADJC...WTF, why is he laughing?"

Then I get home and see they had a conference call at 4pm...hmmm, I wonder if he was laughing about TAMU getting shafted?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 13, 2011, 11:27:43 PM »
Does anyone think we should maybe consider legal action against ku, or the state, or the KBOR?  When is enough . . . enough?  When can we rid ourselves of this . . . well, parasite??

Offline theymightbegiants

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 14, 2011, 12:26:41 AM »
I can't wait for the longhorns to start pulling their strings to get us into the SEC. It all makes sense, Manhattan was always more of an SEC town, we will have a top 5 SEC stadium, they don't have to lose to us every year, and we will stop stealing all of the recruits they wish they could keep. OU might even throw into the pitch for us to go just so Bob doesn't have to recruit against Ol' Snyds. Can't wait for the SEC coaches to see how we do it up here in Manhattan, coming Fall 1013.  :kstatriot:
"I feel safe in white because, deep down inside, I'm an angel"-Puff Daddy

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 15, 2011, 07:28:38 AM »
 :jeffy:

oh man. getting interesting in SEC country....or should i say wildcat country. :peek:
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 15, 2011, 07:35:29 AM »
I can't wait for the longhorns to start pulling their strings to get us into the SEC. It all makes sense, Manhattan was always more of an SEC town, we will have a top 5 SEC stadium, they don't have to lose to us every year, and we will stop stealing all of the recruits they wish they could keep. OU might even throw into the pitch for us to go just so Bob doesn't have to recruit against Ol' Snyds. Can't wait for the SEC coaches to see how we do it up here in Manhattan, coming Fall 1013:kstatriot:

:horrorsurprise:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: August 15, 2011, 10:42:56 AM »
Okay, got off phone with an A-/B+ source who told me Tennessee has taken a firm anti-KSU stance.  They know CUrrie is an animal on the fund raising trail and are still sore about the Cotton Bowl butt-kicking. 

Source also said they did waiver because they would like to add our tethered school for the guaranteed football and basketball victories the move would provide.  The threat of KSU is too much to overcome that.

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 15, 2011, 10:59:31 AM »
I can't wait until next year's CFB Championship Game when I can cheer on my fellow SEC bretheren.  :emawkid:

Offline MichiganisGood

• Maize and Blue'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 15, 2011, 02:54:01 PM »
So how is this turning out ?? I decided during this round of expansion I was just going to ignore it until crap was pretty much finalized.. The last round took a lot out of me, a million different 'reliable' sources saying a million different things and all being wrong, the truth is like 4 or 5 people ACTUALLY know anything concrete about whats going on and they aren't talking to message boarders..

This time I'm just going to not start paying attention until the thing is done, is it almost done ??

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 15, 2011, 03:00:02 PM »
So how is this turning out ?? I decided during this round of expansion I was just going to ignore it until crap was pretty much finalized.. The last round took a lot out of me, a million different 'reliable' sources saying a million different things and all being wrong, the truth is like 4 or 5 people ACTUALLY know anything concrete about whats going on and they aren't talking to message boarders..

This time I'm just going to not start paying attention until the thing is done, is it almost done ??

100% lock SEC for K-State