Author Topic: Where does Brodrick fit into WR mix?  (Read 6468 times)

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Where does Brodrick fit into WR mix?
« on: August 07, 2011, 08:43:45 AM »
WTF?  I haven't heard a peep about him.   

Are his leg hernias dried up?   :runaway:

WR Depth Chart???
Chris Harper
Sheldon Smith
Brodrick Smith
Tramaine Thompson
Tyler Lockett

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Do Work Son

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Where does Brodrick fit into WR mix?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2011, 08:51:08 AM »
Its a guranteed lock, Lockett redshirts

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2011, 08:58:59 AM »
Its a guranteed lock, Lockett redshirts

Kellis was saying that earlier, but that would have to mean Brod is OK, right???

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2011, 10:10:17 AM »
brod is fine i think.  bill was mad at him for missing workouts during the summer though iirc.

Offline KSUsteve13

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2011, 01:57:49 PM »

WR Depth Chart???
Chris Harper
Sheldon Smith
Brodrick Smith
Tramaine Thompson
Tyler Lockett

Is that official?

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2011, 02:57:57 PM »

WR Depth Chart???
Chris Harper
Sheldon Smith
Brodrick Smith
Tramaine Thompson
Tyler Lockett

Is that official?

Snyder has done this for years.  It's a motivational tactic.

The only depth chart that matters is the one released before the first game.  Everything up until then is just a farce.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2011, 03:28:21 PM »

WR Depth Chart???
Chris Harper
Sheldon Smith
Brodrick Smith
Tramaine Thompson
Tyler Lockett

Is that official?

Snyder has done this for years.  It's a motivational tactic.

The only depth chart that matters is the one released before the first game.  Everything up until then is just a farce.

This.  Snyder only releases a depth chart because he has to.  It means nothing. 
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2011, 03:41:30 PM »
Brod will be our #1 WR option. Does this qualify as a bold statement for our season?

Offline DoDRepeat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2011, 05:52:57 PM »
He's just fine from what I've seen playing basketball. Definitely not playing inhibited.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2011, 06:29:42 AM »
He's just fine from what I've seen playing basketball. Definitely not playing inhibited.

DoD, were going to need you to continue to stalk him. TIA.

Offline Lefty

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2011, 06:38:17 AM »
Brod is the Snyderiest WR we have on our squad. He makes every downfield block and hustles even on the backside of a play. Other than his gifted size, extremely blessed good looks, well above average route running skills and a knack to make plays, Brod's best ability may be his blocking skills. And old men love them some blocking WR's. He'll ease into the #1 option just fine by the 3rd practice.

I think Brod will surprise some people when his name creeps up the NFL draft charts.
elitist since 1994

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2011, 09:01:14 AM »
I remember James Terry throwing some good blocks. Did not expect that much punch from such a skinny package.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2011, 09:13:19 AM »
I remember James Terry throwing some good blocks. Did not expect that much punch from such a skinny package.
Remember THE block against UT almost a decade ago (also last time UT beat us I believe).
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2011, 09:41:11 AM »
Brod is the Snyderiest WR we have on our squad. He makes every downfield block and hustles even on the backside of a play. Other than his gifted size, extremely blessed good looks, well above average route running skills and a knack to make plays, Brod's best ability may be his blocking skills. And old men love them some blocking WR's. He'll ease into the #1 option just fine by the 3rd practice.

I think Brod will surprise some people when his name creeps up the NFL draft charts.

Brod isn't fast enough to be drafted.  If he continues to improve on his current trajectory, I think he has a chance to at least get an invite to a camp as a FA, but he won't be drafted. 

However, he is bull strong and can use that strength to get separation at the time of reception.

My personal feeling is that Harper will be the #1 by the end of the year.  But that depends on Chris.

Offline DoDRepeat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2011, 09:45:43 AM »

DoD, were going to need you to continue to stalk him. TIA.

On it. I'm at the rec pretty much every day playing against many of these guys (though they aren't showing up as often now that camp is underway..)

Online Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2011, 10:40:03 AM »
Remember THE block against UT almost a decade ago (also last time UT beat us I believe).

JT destroyed a UT lb in both games he faced them;  we are so blessed by the way our 2 year players are able to embrace the CTR

Online Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2011, 10:43:38 AM »

Brod isn't fast enough to be drafted.  If he continues to improve on his current trajectory, I think he has a chance to at least get an invite to a camp as a FA, but he won't be drafted. 

However, he is bull strong and can use that strength to get separation at the time of reception.

My personal feeling is that Harper will be the #1 by the end of the year.  But that depends on Chris.

While he is not a burner, Brod seems like he could fit in to the Terrance Copper mold of NFL wide outs, ie guys who play for 5 or 6 years due to their ability to play on special teams and block in the running game

Offline Sambo

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2011, 01:51:17 PM »

FULLY BACK the statement by Lefty. Brod's blocking ability and hustle are going to push him into the number 1 spot. He was the all business type in the gym in highschool, blocked like a maniac in the few games he played last year, and it seems that EVERYBODY forgot that he started over Harper last year regardless before his injury.

I talked with Brod a week or two ago and he said he's ready to jump on the field and made the VERY bold statement of guaranteeing (to me at least, FWIW) that we win 7 games. Brod is our man, without a doubt.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2011, 01:56:13 PM »

FULLY BACK the statement by Lefty. Brod's blocking ability and hustle are going to push him into the number 1 spot. He was the all business type in the gym in highschool, blocked like a maniac in the few games he played last year, and it seems that EVERYBODY forgot that he started over Harper last year regardless before his injury.

I talked with Brod a week or two ago and he said he's ready to jump on the field and made the VERY bold statement of guaranteeing (to me at least, FWIW) that we win 7 games. Brod is our man, without a doubt.

thanks sambo, very fist pump worthy update.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline kostakio

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2011, 02:50:35 PM »
Brod runs faster then people realize.  AT least he did before he broke his leg.  His forty time was in the 4.4's last year he was our fastest wideout on the roster.  He got deep a number of times with his double move but we had trouble getting him the ball.   I'm not really sure where the Brod can't run talk comes from pre inury Brod wasn't quite a burner but had nice speed. 

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2011, 04:38:22 PM »
Brod runs faster then people realize.  AT least he did before he broke his leg.  His forty time was in the 4.4's last year he was our fastest wideout on the roster.  He got deep a number of times with his double move but we had trouble getting him the ball.   I'm not really sure where the Brod can't run talk comes from pre inury Brod wasn't quite a burner but had nice speed. 

I have eyeballs, and if you put Smith at the combine and put him in the electronic timing that they use there, he's at least in the 4.6 range.

Nelson ran something like 4.5+.  Figurs is the fastest person I've ever seen in a purple uniform (not named Frank Murphy), and he had the fastest time at the combine with a 4.29.

Brodrick Smith is NOWHERE near 4.4.  And if we're getting these numbers from some GPC update, you may as well set them on fire.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2011, 04:41:02 PM »

You don't draft a WR that can block.  You can invite him to camp and see if he works out, but you don't draft a blocker and a hustler, especially at WR.

You draft height and speed.  You sign the rest as free agents.

Smith is going to be a really, really solid college WR that will do some very nice things for us.  But let's not go overboard with the draft talk.  He hasn't done anything near draft worthy yet.

Offline Sambo

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2011, 07:02:45 PM »

You don't draft a WR that can block.  You can invite him to camp and see if he works out, but you don't draft a blocker and a hustler, especially at WR.

Smith is going to be a really, really solid college WR that will do some very nice things for us.  But let's not go overboard with the draft talk.  He hasn't done anything near draft worthy yet.

I guess I should have prefaced that I agreed with the statement of Brod being the most suitable for Snyder and unquoted the part about his NFL draft stock, because frankly, he has to have a STAND OUT season to creep anywhere near playing professionally for the NFL, and this is coming from a kid who grew up with him on both the baseball and football field.  I hope it happens, but I personally just don't see it unless he makes the magic happen.

Beyond that, are we forgetting about CURRY SEXTON? Granted he is young, greyshirt last year, redshirt this year? Or will he ride bench? He got ALOT of praise after the spring game, and I'm curious as to where he sits in this line up.  Plus, FWIW.... I used to bang his older sister.   :gocho:

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2011, 07:17:37 PM »
Plus, FWIW.... I used to bang his older sister.   :gocho:

Worth a bunch, bro.  Worth a bunch.

Offline Lefty

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2011, 07:17:47 PM »

Pan,

I respectfully disagree with your eyeball speed analysis. Granted he's not a burner, but he does have legit 4.5 speed. I'm telling you that he has the entire package that the scouts love to see. He'll be a junior and have 2 full seasons to impress and improve even more. There is more to the blocking aspect than you're discounting. Every team loves to have a Hines Ward type of player and Smith fits that mold perfectly.
elitist since 1994