Author Topic: KSTATEOs ask EMAWs why OBz is hated  (Read 24543 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: KSTATEOs ask EMAWs why OBz is hated
« Reply #75 on: August 06, 2011, 11:16:42 PM »
pretty sure leach doesn't have a loser son that has never had a job in his life that he's going to try to make our next coach.  not 100% sure on that but fairly confident.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 06, 2011, 11:18:48 PM »
is anyone on this planet not yet on the eff jon wefald team?  if not, see me for a pamphlet on membership.   

still available

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 06, 2011, 11:26:56 PM »
what if we had someone worse than prince?  have you even thought about that?  good grief.

what? like someone is going to punch me in the leg and face. simultaneously? also, I mean Snyder is here and all and I really don't have that much of an issue with it. would've rather had Patterson by a trillion miles but it is what it is. I like Snyder though. seriously. doesn't stop me from wishing that we would hire leach and fire him. in that order. so want him to prove me wrong and do great, great things in the next five years. would be amazing.

yeah, leach begging for the job as we speak. thoughts?

hire leach and fire Snyder. immediately.

also, I may have come off too pro snyds on my post. dunno. I mean, damn though... I would love to see the old crafty bastard pull it off in 2014 with all American Tate Snyder leading the way. I mean Jesus.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 06, 2011, 11:27:56 PM »
Threads like this are one reason I like having the old man around.

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 06, 2011, 11:33:38 PM »
what if we had someone worse than prince?  have you even thought about that?  good grief.

what? like someone is going to punch me in the leg and face. simultaneously? also, I mean Snyder is here and all and I really don't have that much of an issue with it. would've rather had Patterson by a trillion miles but it is what it is. I like Snyder though. seriously. doesn't stop me from wishing that we would hire leach and fire him. in that order. so want him to prove me wrong and do great, great things in the next five years. would be amazing.

yeah, leach begging for the job as we speak. thoughts?

Then hire Mike, and fire Bill....just as daris suggests

Offline Coley

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 06, 2011, 11:35:30 PM »
Hiring Leach for football would be equivalent to when they hired Huggins for basketball. He's a good coach, just don't like his offense. Back to Snyds though, It is what it is, as much as some people want us to have a different coach and for the AD to fire/hire a new coach, It's not going to happen. Just deal with it. We can't change it, so quit bitching and complaining about what we have now.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 06, 2011, 11:37:58 PM »
Maybe Mark May will do a comparison of Prince x3 years and Snyder x3 years.  :peek:

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 06, 2011, 11:38:46 PM »
Hiring Leach for football would be equivalent to when they hired Huggins for basketball. He's a good coach, just don't like his offense. Back to Snyds though, It is what it is, as much as some people want us to have a different coach and for the AD to fire/hire a new coach, It's not going to happen. Just deal with it. We can't change it, so quit bitching and complaining about what we have now.

We know, but the almost having Gary Patterson just doesn't sit well....and never will

Offline Coley

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 06, 2011, 11:41:35 PM »

We know, but the almost having Gary Patterson just doesn't sit well....and never will

you know how close we were for a FACT then?

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 06, 2011, 11:42:38 PM »

you know how close we were for a FACT then?

Pretty damn close, by my understanding

But I'm not the expert on the issue. Others on the board know the hows/whys better than I do
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 11:45:44 PM by pike »

Offline Coley

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 06, 2011, 11:49:57 PM »
Yeah, it would have been great to get Patterson. It didn't happen, It's old news. Let's move on. Let's put on our big boy pants and just deal with what we got and make the best of it. Seeing all the people B*tch about it on here gets old. Them thinking if they complain about it, it'll change something is stupid and pointless. I just don't it.

Does that make any sense at all? If not, let me know.

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 06, 2011, 11:57:33 PM »
Yeah, it would have been great to get Patterson. It didn't happen, It's old news. Let's move on. Let's put on our big boy pants and just deal with what we got and make the best of it. Seeing all the people B*tch about it on here gets old. Them thinking if they complain about it, it'll change something is stupid and pointless. I just don't it.

No it does, and I agree.

But sometimes, its just like "god damnit."

Offline Coley

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 07, 2011, 12:37:10 AM »

No it does, and I agree.

But sometimes, its just like "god damnit."

Yeah, I know the feeling. It goes with a lot of things in life. This is just a less serious scenario. That everybody else needs to move on from, but yes I know what you mean by that feeling.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 07, 2011, 01:31:24 AM »
Like a russian mail-order bride that gets old and is no longer attractive and has none of the attributes that made her a hall-of-fame level wife, OBz is replaceable.

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 07, 2011, 02:50:42 AM »
Like a russian mail-order bride that gets old and is no longer attractive and has none of the attributes that made her a hall-of-fame level wife, OBz is replaceable.

:thumbs:

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: August 07, 2011, 03:26:37 AM »
I mean JFC, I cringe to think about how some of the 'tucks would run a business. Say you have Old Balls Family Nameless Corporation, inc. Your company has been given the following disadvantages:

-You are in a remote location with a small population base to buy your products
-There are other well-established companies within your vicinity that have a much better business record than yours
-It's generally difficult to recruit top-flight business talent to your corporation, but it's possible to pick off the occasional superstar
-Your company was on the brink of bankruptcy and folding for years until CEO Old Balls came along.

However, you have the following advantages:

-There is more regional interest in your company than your in-state rival because they're just flat out incompetent except for a blue moon every 10-15 years
-You may not be rolling in cash like BobStoopsBag'O'Dicks, ltd or MackBrownGoldPlatedBoxerBriefs, Inc., but you have enough money to be fairly competitive with a good number of your rivals
-There is at least a precedent of success and major profits back when CEO Old Balls took advantage of some down years of companies in Texas and Oklahoma and was able to recruit enough business talent to be a major pain in the ass to NebraskaDenimOveralls, Inc.

So, CEO Old Balls steps down a few years ago after a couple of underwhelming years and they bring in some smooth-talking dude who sells the dumbass company board with a bunch of content-less motivational synergy talk. He proceeds to expose himself as a good business talent recruiter who is completely incompetent in all other areas. CEO Scary Smart gets unceremoniously shitcanned and proceeds to embarrass the company by claiming that the head of the company board gave him a secret agreement that gives him a shitload of money. The shareholders more or less set their underpants on fire in mass panic. The search for the new CEO nearly nets an up-and-comer that's essentially the most sought-after name in business that hasn't yet established himself as a top-flight CEO. However, the dumbass company board and their marketing department (Fitz) let news leak that they're going to lure him from a firm that he's been very loyal to, and the up-and-comer flips crap and bugs out. Internal politics may have also been in play regarding the information leak, but there's no way for the shareholders to know what happened other than word of mouth. The company board then goes entirely into panic mode and brings back CEO Old Balls to appease the shareholders. It's not an optimal situation and not likely to work out long term, but it at least gives a veneer of stability.

CEO OB proceeds to do a good job in rebuilding the one thing he's always been good at: innovating and creating new products. However, he's always been too hard-nosed to keep any good leaders (outside of the innovation department) yet he's too soft to fire anyone too incompetent to lead a department, such as patenting. After running off the one good patenting department head that the company has had in years, he brings back a retread who has never established himself as anything better than mediocre and has no track record of recruiting any patenting experts. Due to the current head of patenting being utterly incompetent and refusing to adjust to the realities of today's marketplace, other companies proceed to raid the innovations of Old Balls Family Nameless Corporation, inc. and take their ideas before OBFNC can patent them. The company could've had a very good, productive year in 2010 if it weren't for spies from BaylorBibleBeltBuckles, Inc. and ColoradoGreenSmokeSolutions, LLC. taking ideas that could've easily been patented with a few internal adjustments. However, CEO Old Balls does not recognize this and proceeds to thank his patenting director for yet another loyal year of service. He then goes back to his office to read the company innovation reports and not say a word to a single member of his staff. It becomes clear that he's not going to change a single thing about what he does, and in today's marketplace his strategies will give the company a ceiling of one potentially good year of profits out of a majority of years that break even or show a slight loss in profits.

It also comes to light that CEO Old Balls has put his hand in the company cookie jar by doling out some of what should be company money to his kids and extended family instead.

Now, here's the point where a normal business would have the shareholders and company board (which is now not blatantly incompetent) come together and demand solutions to improve the bottom line for Fiscal Year 2011. They'd be irate at the rate of leaked information about company innovations and possibly the CEO taking company money for personal use. They would likely clamor for one of two things: a minimal but necessary response of demanding a change in mindset and planning from the top levels of leadership, or going all-out and giving the current CEO and his leaders golden parachute buyout packages.

In this case, the shareholders of Old Balls Family Nameless Corporation, Inc., aside from a very vocal minority, demand neither, and say that they are just fine and happy with breaking even for the next 5 years and not maximizing profits because, goddamnit, CEO Old Balls once had us rolling in cash and we never were able to do that before he came here!

Tucks, your arguments have no clothes. I'm actually one of those who wouldn't mind keeping Snyder around as long as he shows a commitment to changing his S.O.P. aside from offensive coaching, but it's pretty clear that he's not going to do that. And why should he? He has no pressure from his so-called shareholders--YOU--which means that the company board (ADJC and UPKS) has no incentive to make him change anything. Your mindset is wholly illogical and accepts eternal mediocrity. It has pervaded in nearly every facet of KSU for far too many years, and the school is just now starting to make strides in both athletics and academics in shaking off the extensive damage that this mindset has done. Either accept that there are those that demand more than mediocrity or have the decency to get out of the way.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 03:59:53 AM by 42 »

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 07, 2011, 09:04:49 AM »
Snyds was great.   To me, he's EXACTLY like Blockbuster, Inc. 

He changed the business, kicked ass and took names.

...then....things changed.  It wasn't him, necessarily...it was the world.  The competitors were doing things he was either incapable of doing or, worse, unwilling.

He can still "perform," but he's not special anymore.  No "better" than the other "best," and probably just "good."  But, he's probably the best we can get in our little town without Wifi and no McDonalds Redbox.

this is great. Although I think we can get a McDonald's Redbox, at least.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 07, 2011, 09:33:34 AM »
I don't "hate" Snyder....but if you were going to, the number one reason (maybe the only good reason), is that he's never fired an assistant coach, and hasn't hired one of exceeding quality since before 2003.

He seems willing to just surround himself with cronies and people who will stay at their desk the requisite amount of time.  It's harder work to mentor and train young, talented, AC's than it is to just close the door to your office and poor over film by yourself for 8 more hours a night.  He's taking the EASY way out...

THAT is the truth.

Pretty much where Im at.  Snyds can still coach offense like a wizard, but his lack of willingness to make appropriate hires/fires on the defensive side of the ball is maddening.  Still love Snyds.

I pretty much agree with this. I like Snyder and think he is a heck of a coach, especially offensively. There was a time when he was the best possible choice for K-State and a great coach, unfortunately that time has past. I still respect him for his body of work, even with the last 4 mediocre years and hope he and K-State can move on soon. I would love for Mike Leach to be our next head coach.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 07, 2011, 09:49:25 AM »
Because his second tenure represents the massive inferiority complex of our Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) fan base.  And only feeds their mindless belief that no other coach will ever be able to win at K-State other Snyder, so we might as well just sit back and accept the perpetual mediocrity because it's as good as it gets around here.

Proud of OB for the house he built, though. 
Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline oneeyedwillie

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 07, 2011, 09:51:30 AM »
I think OBz is GREAT, and I'm very happy to have him. I just get nervous about the future. Is there a vision for the program? I would feel much better if he had some hot-shot coordinators working with him.
I mean, who replaced Ludwig & Keonning? Anyone? Are those positions still open?

OBz would be total bad ass if he just had some guns at sides.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 07, 2011, 10:02:47 AM »
I think OBz is GREAT, and I'm very happy to have him. I just get nervous about the future. Is there a vision for the program? I would feel much better if he had some hot-shot coordinators working with him.
I mean, who replaced Ludwig & Keonning? Anyone? Are those positions still open?

OBz would be total bad ass if he just had some guns at sides.

Guns always make everything better.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 07, 2011, 10:06:37 AM »
Nobody does analogies like goEMAW.com.

Offline Tannoudji

• Fan
  • Rev 14:9
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 07, 2011, 11:14:37 AM »
The answer is because the people who post on this message board are weak-willed lilly-livered cowards who hide behind their anonymity to blast the best thing that has ever happened to Kansas State University.

There would be no Kansas State Football without LHCBS.  This is an indisputable fact. 

No other coach will EVER succeed at Kansas State unless they are groomed by LHCBS.  This fact was proven when that hood-rat from Maryland came along and arrogantly refused any of LHCBS's help.  Sure we got hip-hop football in Manhattan, but it sure as hell wasn't K-State football.   Finally people like me finally ran the Barack Obama of coaches out of town, but the little panty-wastes on this site still didn't get the picture.  Only a certain pedigree of man can run this ship and who has a better pedigree than RHP Sean Snyder?  No one.

These are facts:
1) LHCBS is the best coach KSU can and will ever get.
2) There is 0 (zero) chance of success for a head coach outside of the Snyder tree.

Tyrannis Seditio, Obsequium Deo

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 07, 2011, 11:19:29 AM »
Whoever is doing the noudj isn't even trying anymore. Sad really
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 07, 2011, 03:01:35 PM »
The answer is because the people who post on this message board are weak-willed lilly-livered cowards who hide behind their anonymity to blast the best thing that has ever happened to Kansas State University.

There would be no Kansas State Football without LHCBS.  This is an indisputable fact. 

No other coach will EVER succeed at Kansas State unless they are groomed by LHCBS.  This fact was proven when that hood-rat from Maryland came along and arrogantly refused any of LHCBS's help.  Sure we got hip-hop football in Manhattan, but it sure as hell wasn't K-State football.   Finally people like me finally ran the Barack Obama of coaches out of town, but the little panty-wastes on this site still didn't get the picture.  Only a certain pedigree of man can run this ship and who has a better pedigree than RHP Sean Snyder?  No one.

These are facts:
1) LHCBS is the best coach KSU can and will ever get.
2) There is 0 (zero) chance of success for a head coach outside of the Snyder tree.

OB was an instrumental tool in creating KSU football, but it became what it is because of KSU, not because of Bill.   A decision was made to make KSU football relevant.   Millions of people donated time, money & energy in creating KSU football in what it was.   Would WWII have happened if Hitler not been around?  The answer is yes.   Hitler was a tool that manifested the collective thoughts of the german people.   If it was not for the collective will of millions of people - Hitlers power would have been over no one. 

Would KSU football have been relevant without LHC Bill Snyder?   Yes.  Because hundreds of thousands of people would have found someone else to give them pride &/or entertainment from their university.  This is not detracting from the job that Bill did.  It is stating that it would not have been possible without all of KSU's energy focused in that direction. 

The problem appears to many that Bills efforts & energy are no longer aligned with the will strictly of KSU.  Either Bills efforts have changed to take on a more personal level with the university being 2nd or the universities efforts of being an elite football program are no longer priority #1.   You're free to make your own assessment on which is true - but I will supply the facts that in the past 2 years - Several plans to renovate & better the stadium have been set into motion and completed by the university.  And Bill has given his son & his grandson roles in the programs revival regardless of many critics suggestions that much more qualified & motivated options were available.   

This is nothing that has caused me to HATE LHC Bill Snyder; in fact, that is something I commend on a personal level.   But to someone investing money/energy/time into making something great - It's much harder to stay focused & commit that time/energy/money to a goal that is not apparently reflective of the leaderships.   KSUs goal appears to be football greatness.  Bill Snyders goal appears to be Bill Snyders greatness.
Good is better than Evil because it's nicer.