Author Topic: KC catbackers  (Read 1637 times)

Offline reidrolled

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
KC catbackers
« on: July 31, 2011, 07:37:17 PM »
is this a tuck convention or something? are any goemawers still allowed there? would I have $25 worth of fun if I joined?

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Re: KC catbackers
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2011, 07:43:14 PM »
i think its stupid.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2011, 10:29:56 PM »
Not horrible, you will be tucked at virtually every event but stay strong (drink heavy) and they will serve up good meet n greets with Frank/greenie/unds and current players.

I'll probably hit the good stuff next year.  Also, good chance to see Lon ply his racist trade.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2011, 10:34:43 PM »
Not horrible, you will be tucked at virtually every event but stay strong (drink heavy) and they will serve up good meet n greets with Frank/greenie/unds and current players.

I'll probably hit the good stuff next year.  Also, good chance to see Lon ply his racist trade.
Worth the price of admission by itself, imo.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2011, 05:24:59 AM »
Might be good if you were a salesman, there seem to be LOADS of salemany types there.  Lots of "financial planners" and such.

Before the interwebs, it was a pretty solid way to learn new info.   Sometimes they have speakers that can be pretty interesting.  Jeremy Crabtree is one that comes to mind, basically because he all but called the Brown Brothers and Harper coming back to KSU, but was all "I can't say anything because I don't want to ruin it," yet everyone who knew dick about the situation knew exactly what he meant.

The intended audience is not you, if you read this board.  That much is clear.

The "Tuck" part comes from the fact that it's led by the old guard.  The same prevailing opinions that you see on GPC are what you'll find there.   I remember sitting next to some dudes and hearing them bitch about another GPC poster who was calling out the fact that Keithen Valentine was NOT good and was NOT worthy of any pre-season hype and that Ron did NOT have a D1 running back in the depth chart at the time.....all of which were later PROVED to be TRUE, but these knuckleheads were livid with the GPC poster who dared to post that.  Funniest part was that I was that GPC poster they were pissed at....it's was surreal.

Also, it's kinda strange that they choose to have their meetings in a place with a worse TV setup than a rough ridin' Applebeas.  If you want to have "watch parties," do it someplace with quality TVs.

Topeka's group is actually WAY better.  They re-show the games every Tuesday at a sports bar.  The KC group doesn't do that.

Offline O-town Kat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2011, 09:12:18 AM »
Agree w/everything posted above.  Hard to waste 25 on anything. We'll all be old balls some day and beat off about being members for 20 years.  We use the Lucky's disco sometimes.  Should consider infiltrating the officer positions or just start a KC Rebelqhatz club

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2011, 09:24:18 AM »
3 years ago at one of these events was the real "Fort Sumter" of the Tuck v. EMAW civil war that rages now. 

I know Sec 17 2 years ago was the Bull Run of this conflict, but it was a year earlier at a KC Catbacker event when a certain goEMAW member politely reminded Babs that KSU has no particular debt to them just because they have been to a lot of games and sit in chairbacks...the seeds of the conflict were sewn and grew quickly.

Also, if you do go DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, buy a raffle ticket.  The prizes are already won by the Tucks.  They could draw your ticket and will toss it aside until they draw one of their own.  It is hilarious to see them pretend it is legit.  Pete and I watched Lon draw a number ( I believe the prize was some actual game tickets so it had some value) look at it, scrunch up his brow like it was illegible, set it aside and draw his buddy's ticket.  The funny part being, these are the pre-printed tickets that you buy at a party store, not handwritten names or some crap. 

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2011, 09:32:53 AM »
or just start a KC Rebelqhatz club

that's been in place for a couple of years.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2011, 09:40:40 AM »
or just start a KC Rebelqhatz club

that's been in place for a couple of years.

Yeah.  Except clams always draws himself or his rough ridin' buddies at that raffle too.  I never win a damn thing.

When is our first fall meeting anyway?

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2011, 09:41:36 AM »
not sure, can't wait for the walking taco dinner fundraiser though

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2011, 09:52:07 AM »
not sure, can't wait for the walking taco dinner fundraiser though

:comeatme:

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2011, 09:54:45 AM »
what in the hell, i don't even