Author Topic: Internet dating etiquette question  (Read 10372 times)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: Internet dating etiquette question
« Reply #50 on: July 29, 2011, 12:30:56 PM »
The question is not whether Internet dating isn't desperate, it's how hard do I mock my co worker

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 29, 2011, 12:36:17 PM »
The question is not whether Internet dating isn't desperate, it's how hard do I mock my co worker

if he is keeping it a secret from you and other people in the office because he thinks he might get made fun of, then you mock him relentlessly.

if he is pretty open about and like "yeah i'm internet dating and stuff. btw, how's the wife and kid lsoc?" then i probably wouldn't really do anything about it.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 29, 2011, 12:40:17 PM »
sounds like the profile "dickraris69" on match.com really is our own rick daris.   :lol:

good luck internet dating, bro.  i met my wife the good, old fashioned way....expensive dinner and alcohol.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 29, 2011, 12:45:02 PM »
sounds like the profile "dickraris69" on match.com really is our own rick daris.   :lol:

good luck internet dating, bro.  i met my wife the good, old fashioned way....expensive dinner and alcohol.

nothing is sadder then having to buy a girl food and get her drunk. good lord. date raping your own future wife. that makes me sad.  :frown:

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 29, 2011, 12:45:49 PM »
just for the record, there seem to be multiple persons who are more than willing to spend a large amount of time on a kstate message board discussing the merits of 19year old atheletes, baiting ku fans, making socks, raiding other boards, discussing meat goats/ood/ftb/katpaks/paks/etc. but these same people draw a firm line in the sand at trying to use the internet to meet people they might be attracted to. pretty sure in the grand scheme of things, one of these is a little weirder than the other. let me know when you fellas figure it out.
I'm basically on here to avoid doing any work. . . while I'm at work.

me too. and?
I can find dates outside of the internet.  These people can't.  One of these is a little weirder than the other.  Let me know when you figure it out.

who are "these people"? because i know a surgeon in his mid thirties that was from california and living in mhk recently. drop dead. i mean jesus. anyway, that guy internet dated and from what i can gather from his multiple stories did quite well with it. seems like you guys are making much ado about nothing or maybe trying to overcompensate for something here. i'm sure freud would have a blast with all of you.
exactly.  would  love to see the type of wool that "mittons" pulls from martini corner, esp after he tells some chick he bbs's all day and his name is kitten mittons  LMFAO :lol: 

ROTFLFMAO   

also, lmao at the guy whose only way to meet women is to go to the gym and talk to them while they're trapped on the elipticle or bicycle or whatever. most guys i know can get dates outside of the gym. these people can't. dear lord, people who scour "the gym" for dates. just found out a guy in my office is a "gym dater". what's the protocol here? can i make fun of him for this?
They usually come up and talk to me.  Also, lotta creepy internet daters on this site.

Q:  Are you a huge loser if you have to do internet dating?
A:  Yes.

Also, never been to martini corner.  Heard it is a good place to find some good looking girls, though.

AND!!!! <---And.  Do you think it would help get them in bed quicker if I tell them my internet handle on goEMAW.com is kitten_mittons?  Maybe if they watched IASIP.  Probably not, though.  Will confirm tomorrow.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 29, 2011, 12:49:10 PM »

nothing is sadder then having to buy a girl food and get her drunk. good lord. date raping your own future wife. that makes me sad.  :frown:

i didn't have to wait until date 4 to get a full body shot, though.   :lol:

Offline kostakio

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 29, 2011, 12:58:31 PM »

If he's a buddy of yours and not overly sensitive go ahead and mock.  That said if I were single I'd be internet dating.  I've been married for awhile and never did the internet dating.   I"m actualy a little bit jealous that internet dating, facebook and all that crap wasn't around or at least wasn't mainstream when I was single.   

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 29, 2011, 01:01:10 PM »
It is definitely a secret.  Using middle name, phony DOB etc.

I like the fake girl approach but seems like lots of work and would only payoff if he didn't get suspicious.  

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 29, 2011, 01:10:43 PM »
It is definitely a secret.  Using middle name, phony DOB etc.

I like the fake girl approach but seems like lots of work and would only payoff if he didn't get suspicious.  

hmmm. yes then. i would let him have it full force.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 29, 2011, 01:11:58 PM »
just for the record, there seem to be multiple persons who are more than willing to spend a large amount of time on a kstate message board discussing the merits of 19year old atheletes, baiting ku fans, making socks, raiding other boards, discussing meat goats/ood/ftb/katpaks/paks/etc. but these same people draw a firm line in the sand at trying to use the internet to meet people they might be attracted to. pretty sure in the grand scheme of things, one of these is a little weirder than the other. let me know when you fellas figure it out.
I'm basically on here to avoid doing any work. . . while I'm at work.

me too. and?
I can find dates outside of the internet.  These people can't.  One of these is a little weirder than the other.  Let me know when you figure it out.

who are "these people"? because i know a surgeon in his mid thirties that was from california and living in mhk recently. drop dead. i mean jesus. anyway, that guy internet dated and from what i can gather from his multiple stories did quite well with it. seems like you guys are making much ado about nothing or maybe trying to overcompensate for something here. i'm sure freud would have a blast with all of you.
exactly.  would  love to see the type of wool that "mittons" pulls from martini corner, esp after he tells some chick he bbs's all day and his name is kitten mittons  LMFAO :lol: 

ROTFLFMAO   

also, lmao at the guy whose only way to meet women is to go to the gym and talk to them while they're trapped on the elipticle or bicycle or whatever. most guys i know can get dates outside of the gym. these people can't. dear lord, people who scour "the gym" for dates. just found out a guy in my office is a "gym dater". what's the protocol here? can i make fun of him for this?
They usually come up and talk to me.  Also, lotta creepy internet daters on this site.
Q:  Are you a huge loser if you have to do internet dating?
A:  Yes.

Also, never been to martini corner.  Heard it is a good place to find some good looking girls, though.

AND!!!! <---And.  Do you think it would help get them in bed quicker if I tell them my internet handle on goEMAW.com is kitten_mittons?  Maybe if they watched IASIP.  Probably not, though.  Will confirm tomorrow.

who?  :dunno:

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 29, 2011, 01:16:40 PM »
IDK, I assume everyone who is defending it is an internet dater.

If you ever try internet dating you should probably go under the handle Dick Raris, obviously.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 29, 2011, 01:40:30 PM »

If you ever try internet dating you should probably go under the handle Dick Raris, obviously.

i think you have set some sort of record for incorrect assumptions in this thread kitten_mittons. i'll have to have saul check the record book on the server data base to be sure though. there's a plaque and stuff involved if you did. it is kitten_mittons and not just kitten mittons correct?

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 29, 2011, 01:45:35 PM »

i think you have set some sort of record for incorrect assumptions in this thread kitten_mittons. i'll have to have saul check the record book on the server data base to be sure though. there's a plaque and stuff involved if you did. it is kitten_mittons and not just kitten mittons correct?
My friends just call me kitten mittons, but whenever I'm in trouble my mom calls me kitten_mittons.  It's kind of embarrassing when she does it in front of people.  And Saul, if I win this award I will PM you my address so you can send me this plaque.  I hope to rough ridin' god that I can get a title next to my handle commemorating the accomplishment.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 29, 2011, 01:51:58 PM »

My friends just call me kitten mittons, but whenever I'm in trouble my mom calls me kitten_mittons.  It's kind of embarrassing when she does it in front of people.  And Saul, if I win this award I will PM you my address so you can send me this plaque.  I hope to effing god that I can get a title next to my handle commemorating the accomplishment.

which version would you like on the plaque though? the engraver needs to know by 2:30 in order to have it done and shipped out before the weekend. the last person to win one was bmw and we took too long getting it engraved and by the time we did, his name had changed to oregonhawk and we had to pay to have a second one engraved. bsac found out and was livid. he took away ten percent of all the mods bonuses for that quarter. so i'm really not trying to be a jerk here or anything but we really do need to know. thanks.

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 29, 2011, 01:56:00 PM »

My friends just call me kitten mittons, but whenever I'm in trouble my mom calls me kitten_mittons.  It's kind of embarrassing when she does it in front of people.  And Saul, if I win this award I will PM you my address so you can send me this plaque.  I hope to rough ridin' god that I can get a title next to my handle commemorating the accomplishment.
I already have your address.
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 29, 2011, 02:37:59 PM »
which version would you like on the plaque though? the engraver needs to know by 2:30 in order to have it done and shipped out before the weekend. the last person to win one was bmw and we took too long getting it engraved and by the time we did, his name had changed to oregonhawk and we had to pay to have a second one engraved. bsac found out and was livid. he took away ten percent of all the mods bonuses for that quarter. so i'm really not trying to be a jerk here or anything but we really do need to know. thanks.
My god, I missed the deadline.  It's okay, I need to try out that kitten_mittons pick-up line this weekend.  If it doesn't work I'll probably need to change my handle.  Will update on monday.

I already have your address.

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 29, 2011, 08:46:54 PM »
I guess I've been looking at this all wrong.   I mean, when I'm looking for a new car, I don't need to research them online: the car finds me. 

GMAFB.  This isn't 1993 - not using an advantage doesn't make you less of a man.

Regardless, I make a point to make fun of anyone when they show how embarrassed they are of something - so if this guy is using his middle name & fake DOB, then by all means, blast the doucher.  Later, when he's crying, tell him to at least own it; the rough ridin' pussy.

Good is better than Evil because it's nicer.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 29, 2011, 08:51:42 PM »
Regardless, I make a point to make fun of anyone when they show how embarrassed they are of something - so if this guy is using his middle name & fake DOB, then by all means, blast the doucher.

great point, heinballz.

your friend, sys.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 29, 2011, 08:54:59 PM »
I wonder what the culture of internet dating is like for a 40 year old.  I bet it is crazy. 

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 29, 2011, 09:04:06 PM »
bet it's a lot like craigslist personals without all the spam - but nothing but old & nasty people with the occasional milf thrown in.
Good is better than Evil because it's nicer.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 29, 2011, 09:45:09 PM »
I guess I've been looking at this all wrong.   I mean, when I'm looking for a new car, I don't need to research them online: the  finds me. 

GMAFB.  This isn't 1993 - not using an advantage doesn't make you less of a man.

Regardless, I make a point to make fun of anyone when they show how embarrassed they are of something - so if this guy is using his middle name & fake DOB, then by all means, blast the doucher.  Later, when he's crying, tell him to at least own it; the effing pussy.

heinballs,

please let me know what you want your screen name changed to because what you just said is what I've been saying the whole thread and I agree 100% with it and I can't be in 100% complete agreement with a poster named heinballs.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 29, 2011, 09:53:06 PM »
Like I said, I know the scoop on Internet dating.  It's desperate, not necessarily some scarlet letter though.  There is a reason that people deny doing it or deny meeting that way.  If 1 in 5 couples meet online then there are plenty who pretend they didn't.

Anyway, this guy is a huge dork so I can see why he doesn't meet girls by walking up and talking to them.  I will mock him but will do so good naturedly.

Let the healing begin.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 30, 2011, 02:53:46 AM »
I wonder what the culture of internet dating is like for a 40 year old.  I bet it is crazy. 

It has to be a whirlwind.  Canadian guy I know had a 50+ year old aunt get married to a dude she met on an internet dating site.

By the way, where the eff did this emoticon come from? :comeatme:  I didn't get the server database memo.   

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 30, 2011, 02:58:03 AM »
my secretary is on her third husband - this one from match.com.  dude's third wife.  pretty sure they hate each other equally but iwould mock the crap out of the dude were roles swapped.  #teamlsoc