Author Topic: New Uniforms Master Thread  (Read 549817 times)

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
Re: New Uniforms/eff LHC Bill Snyder Master Thread
« Reply #1275 on: May 26, 2013, 10:26:37 PM »
The 3 best college football uniforms of all time are the UGA red helmet/black jersey/white pants, LSU's all whites, and UT's all whites.  I don't know what #4 is, but its a distant 4th.

KSU '90's Cowboy copies.  :love:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
Re: New Uniforms/eff LHC LHC Bill Snyder Master Thread
« Reply #1276 on: May 26, 2013, 10:46:40 PM »
The all purple was the best look KSU has had in its history. Which is sad.

So sexy.
Maybe on opposite day.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: May 27, 2013, 10:06:07 AM »
Purple pants were great, but those all purples are not good.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: May 27, 2013, 10:10:15 AM »
Purple pants were great, but those all purples are not good.

half right, half very wrong.

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: May 27, 2013, 11:10:10 AM »
The all purples had potential but they needed a little something more to be sexy. I'm not sure what it is. Maybe a little black somewhere, a different helmet, or maybe a shinier purple but I just can't quite get there with them. They're like that girl that looks like a 10 from a distance then when you get closer you notice the mustache on the lip and mole on the nose.

Offline Willesgirl

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: May 27, 2013, 11:52:04 AM »
Would you rather have "sexy" uniforms and Ron Prince or '90s-style Cowboys uniforms and LHC Bill Snyder?

I'm going with gE prefers losing as long as they lose in a different uniform combination every game. I don't even...

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: May 27, 2013, 11:57:57 AM »
Would you rather have "sexy" uniforms and Ron Prince or '90s-style Cowboys uniforms and LHC Bill Snyder?

I'm going with gE prefers losing as long as they lose in a different uniform combination every game. I don't even...

"Why settle for everything when 1/2 is available?"

Offline Willesgirl

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: May 27, 2013, 12:01:25 PM »
But 2/2 isn't available. Snyder is never, ever getting back together with Prince's uniform choices.

When we have a new coach, hopefully years in the future, I hope he concentrates on winning first and when that's firing on all cylinders, then, THEN, the new coach can maybe worry about uniforms.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: May 27, 2013, 12:11:38 PM »
But 2/2 isn't available. Snyder is never, ever getting back together with Prince's uniform choices.

When we have a new coach, hopefully years in the future, I hope he concentrates on winning first and when that's firing on all cylinders, then, THEN, the new coach can maybe worry about uniforms.
I agree that Snyder is never ever going to change the uniforms.  But that's a defect of his.  He should care more about the uniforms because uniforms are important and despite Snyder and other purists opinion, ours are not iconic like Michigan's, Ohio State's, Alabama's, etc.

The next coach should care about the uniforms and change them up, and if he doesn't, that'll be a defect of his too. 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Re: New Uniforms/eff LHC LHC Bill Snyder Master Thread
« Reply #1285 on: May 27, 2013, 12:17:59 PM »

I agree that Snyder is never ever going to change the uniforms.  But that's a defect of his.  He should care more about the uniforms because uniforms are important and despite Snyder and other purists opinion, ours are not iconic like Michigan's, Ohio State's, Alabama's, etc.

The next coach should care about the uniforms and change them up, and if he doesn't, that'll be a defect of his too.

and Michigan and Ohio State have both had alternates. Michigan's were actually pretty zany.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
Re: Re: New Uniforms/eff LHC LHC Bill Snyder Master Thread
« Reply #1286 on: May 27, 2013, 12:21:21 PM »

and Michigan and Ohio State have both had alternates. Michigan's were actually pretty zany.
Oh i know, but you get my point.

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: May 27, 2013, 02:03:11 PM »
We shouldn't want Snyder to get together with Prince's uniforms. Those were awful. We should want him to get together with nice, new unis.

Offline CyberToothCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: New Uniforms/eff LHC LHC LHC Bill Snyder Master Thread
« Reply #1288 on: May 27, 2013, 03:14:17 PM »

It's not like Snyder (or the next coach) is going to be the one that designs the new uniforms.  That will be up to Nike.  K-State will probably have some sort of veto power in case they come up with something truly hideous, but it's not like Snyder (or the next coach) is going to spend a great deal of time on these new unis.  And just maybe if we have these new uniforms, it will be easier to get to the "firing on all cylinders" point.  Even though we all agree that the design of a jersey is a stupid reason to pick a school, the simple fact is that recruits care about that sort of thing.  Very few will actually base their decision on that, but it sure wouldn't hurt us any.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
Re: New Uniforms/eff LHC LHC LHC Bill Snyder Master Thread
« Reply #1289 on: May 27, 2013, 07:56:11 PM »

It's not like Snyder (or the next coach) is going to be the one that designs the new uniforms.  That will be up to Nike.  K-State will probably have some sort of veto power in case they come up with something truly hideous, but it's not like Snyder (or the next coach) is going to spend a great deal of time on these new unis.  And just maybe if we have these new uniforms, it will be easier to get to the "firing on all cylinders" point.  Even though we all agree that the design of a jersey is a stupid reason to pick a school, the simple fact is that recruits care about that sort of thing.  Very few will actually base their decision on that, but it sure wouldn't hurt us any.
Yes, yes, very good choice of words.   :thumbs:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1290 on: May 28, 2013, 01:14:19 PM »

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: May 28, 2013, 01:44:28 PM »
Our purple unis would have looked a whole lot better if we had purple helmets. Even black would have been better than the old silver.

Do you guys think Sean will let Nike give us new uniforms, or will he be stuck in the Snyder way?

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: May 28, 2013, 01:45:55 PM »
The helmets are the one thing about our unis that i really, really like.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: May 28, 2013, 02:06:58 PM »
The helmets are the one thing about our unis that i really, really like.
I do too, Dlew. But I think you have to have silver pants if you have a silver helmet. I personally would like purple pants with white jerseys and then like maybe either a white or purple helmet with that combo.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: May 28, 2013, 09:39:22 PM »
Our purple unis would have looked a whole lot better if we had purple helmets. Even black would have been better than the old silver.

IMO I think you're wrong here Nuts Kicked.

Offline Harry Dunne

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: May 28, 2013, 10:45:21 PM »
IMO, purple helmets wouldn't look good at all, no matter what the jersey/pant combo is.

Offline yoman

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: May 28, 2013, 11:16:23 PM »
I don't give a crap if it's done to death. A black/chrome jersey with purple accents would look rough ridin' fantastic.
I think this yoman guy is on to something....

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: May 29, 2013, 02:23:24 AM »
I don't give a crap if it's done to death. A black/chrome jersey with purple accents would look rough ridin' fantastic.

Kinda defeats the purpose of a new uni, don't you think?

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: May 29, 2013, 07:41:12 AM »

Kinda defeats the purpose of a new uni, don't you think?

Would be new to us! And I agree.