Author Topic: New Uniforms Master Thread  (Read 546792 times)

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
Re: New Uniforms/eff LHC Bill Snyder Master Thread
« Reply #1225 on: May 23, 2013, 10:24:16 PM »
Oregon is the gold standard when it comes to branding.  Their uniform combos helped cultivate that program's identity.   

But, to play the devil's advocate, just look at the SEC and big 10 for evidence that uniforms really aren't that important.  Badass facilities, national TV, exposure, and $$$ under the table are all much more important than having 450 uniform combinations.  I can't name a team in the big 10 or SEC that routinely trots out a different uniform.  Aside from maybe a handful of alternates, most big boy schools have a classic, unchanged uniform scheme.  Look at the top 25 and you won't find many crazy uniforms.  Ohio State, Bama, Stanford, A&M, Michigan, Notre Dame, Florida, UT, OU, LSU, Nebraska, USC, 3MAW, etc. etc. 

In my mind, we lose recruits to similarly situated programs (OKState) because of facilities, not uniforms.   

<----------------------is that a bunch of dick/balls on the gold part of the jersey??? :horrorsurprise:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: May 24, 2013, 08:34:53 AM »
Remember that time last year when Texas Tech trotted out those red jerseys with the Texas state flag on the shoulders that ended up looking like they were wearing bags of Kingsford charcoal?  That proves we need some awesome alternates.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: New Uniforms/eff LHC LHC Bill Snyder Master Thread
« Reply #1227 on: May 24, 2013, 10:43:35 AM »
Anyone that thinks emulating what Oregon has done wouldn't help significantly in recruiting and current player morale is delusional.

It certainly wouldn't hurt.  No question.  But, the fact is we're not getting new uniforms while Snyder is here.  So, the real question is whether our program is suffering because of our current uniform scheme.  Is our "player morale" suffering?  Will our players play harder if we had some white pants and a black alternate jersey?  Will we win more games if we had different helmets?  :dunno:  I'm not sold.   

We're coming off 2 10+ win seasons and were within an eyelash of the Naty.  Baylor didn't beat us because they were wearing sweet alternates and we didn't.

If we want to improve our recruiting "significantly," to emulate Oregon, I we should emulate their facilities.  compare and contrast.  http://www.goducks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=500&ATCLID=22197.  We should quadruple the size of Manhattan and put it near an ocean.  The recruiting disparity we have with Oregon isn't because of our uniforms.  To say otherwise is dilusional.   

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: May 24, 2013, 12:15:30 PM »
How much better than 10-2 or 11-1 will we be with more uni combos? 

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: May 24, 2013, 02:55:28 PM »

that's just such a great point belvis. i mean why try to improve on something that's already pretty good? it just makes no sense. now that i think about it, it makes me pretty mad that we are spending 80 million on the west side pressbox. i mean why do that? we only lost one game last year. i mean how much better than 11-1 will we be with this new pressbox. what a waste. should've waited until we sucked or something i guess. oh well live and learn. live and learn.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1230 on: May 24, 2013, 02:58:27 PM »

that's just such a great point belvis. i mean why try to improve on something that's already pretty good? it just makes no sense. now that i think about it, it makes me pretty mad that we are spending 80 million on the west side pressbox. i mean why do that? we only lost one game last year. i mean how much better than 11-1 will we be with this new pressbox. what a waste. should've waited until we sucked or something i guess. oh well live and learn. live and learn.
:thumbs:

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: May 24, 2013, 03:25:10 PM »

Yeah again, I'd like an alternate.  I'm a fan.  Old balls won't budge.  So, to me, the only question is whether his old balls position on unis is hurting our program.  Obviously, he doesn't seem to think so.     

So you tell me.  is his old balls stance on unis hurting our program? 

And, I assume this will be super tuckish, but here goes.  I graduated in '05.  Snyder was slipping.  unis were tired.  program was tired.  dude lost his touch.  Prince was fantastic because he was gonna schedule badass opponents, would play friday night games, changes the uniforms, gave us purple pants.  Finally we had a coach who "got it."  We even recruited some nice players.  Probably because of the new uniforms. 

Then Snyder came back.  Same tired program, same tired recruits, same tired uniforms.  Same tired rough ridin' 10 win seasons and BCS bowls. 

The dude is a rough ridin' wizard.  I used to lambast our recruiting and facilities and uniforms, etc.  But, I don't know what to say anymore.  He's a wizard.  He's got his model and it works.  It's unconventional, unexplainable, whatever.  it works.  and i'm sorry, but new uniforms ain't changing anything.  We're not suddenly pulling 4 and 5*s because of uniforms. 

And with respect to facilities, I'm glad we've got an AD who's maximizing revenue generating facilities and improving fan amenities, but if Snyder told him not to touch the weight room or football admin offices, I wouldn't second guess that decision either.  I'd just ask the AD put the cash in reserves and when he retires and goes into the hall of fame, implode Vanier and start anew at that time.  until then, let old balls run the football operations. 

« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 03:36:43 PM by Belvis Noland »

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: New Uniforms/eff LHC LHC LHC Bill Snyder Master Thread
« Reply #1232 on: May 24, 2013, 03:33:45 PM »

Yeah again, I'd like an alternate.  I'm a fan.  Old balls won't budge.  So, to me, the only question is whether his old balls position on unis is hurting our program.  Obviously, he doesn't seem to think so.     

my opinion would be that there is a better chance it is hurting than there is that it is helping.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: May 24, 2013, 03:53:31 PM »

my opinion would be that there is a better chance it is hurting than there is that it is helping.

my opinion would be that there is a better chance it is irrelevant than there is that it is hurting.  Because, again, nobody can seem to show how new uniforms would "significantly improve" this program with this coach. 

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: May 24, 2013, 04:34:06 PM »
psychosomatically  :dunno:

We need a test case!

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: May 24, 2013, 04:50:37 PM »

my opinion would be that there is a better chance it is irrelevant than there is that it is hurting.  Because, again, nobody can seem to show how new uniforms would "significantly improve" this program with this coach. 

Oregon did the unis thing before they were good. So did Oklahoma State. Now they are both forces to be reckoned with year in and year out. So I'd like to error on the side of having multiple uni combos.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: May 24, 2013, 09:59:06 PM »
I think it's a nice clean change that stays consistent with the branding.
You forgot to use the term "look/feel". Other than that, how are your marketing classes working out for you?

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: May 24, 2013, 10:27:22 PM »

Why couldn't we just made the WSC when we had a coach that "got it" and gave us those great rough ridin' purple uni's.  That rough ridin' Currie and OB are ruining everything EMAW with the improvements and the winning and the selling out our stadium every season: oh, and those lousy rough ridin' bowls we been going to lately. 

Also, GMAFB! :facepalm:

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: May 25, 2013, 12:19:27 PM »

Oregon did the unis thing before they were good. So did Oklahoma State. Now they are both forces to be reckoned with year in and year out. So I'd like to error on the side of having multiple uni combos.
Oregon had one of the best coaches in america and arguably the nicest facilities.  Oklahmoa state got good when t boone built them the taj majal.  Unis came later.  Yet they're still a notch below OU who has no uni combos.

Offline eastcat

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • Labeled by children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: May 25, 2013, 02:55:46 PM »
I just wish they would take the stupid rough ridin' stripes off the shoulders. They don't match the ones on the helmet or the pants and they don't even make sense on modern uniforms that don't have sleeves.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: May 25, 2013, 03:13:54 PM »
I would guess a new uniform design would create a spike in jersey sales. But it won't happen and wouldn't be enough to make a big difference so don't talk about it.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: May 25, 2013, 03:40:19 PM »
I would guess a new uniform design would create a spike in jersey sales. But it won't happen and wouldn't be enough to make a big difference so don't talk about it.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: May 25, 2013, 09:01:38 PM »

Why couldn't we just made the WSC when we had a coach that "got it" and gave us those great rough ridin' purple uni's.  That rough ridin' Currie and OB are ruining everything EMAW with the improvements and the winning and the selling out our stadium every season: oh, and those lousy rough ridin' bowls we been going to lately. 

Also, GMAFB! :facepalm:

Loved Prince's jerseys, they were nice and clean and just really good looking. Hated the purple pants. :yuck:

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: New Uniforms/eff LHC LHC LHC LHC LHC Bill Snyder Master Thread
« Reply #1243 on: May 25, 2013, 09:31:43 PM »
Loved Prince's jerseys, they were nice and clean and just really good looking. Hated the purple pants. :yuck:

Loved the purple pants  :love:

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: May 25, 2013, 10:13:45 PM »
Purple pants were great.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: New Uniforms/eff LHC LHC LHC LHC Bill Snyder Master Thread
« Reply #1245 on: May 25, 2013, 10:26:53 PM »

great point. we absolutely should not improve something at kansas state university until we can prove that improving it, will improve it. eff you are painful.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: May 25, 2013, 10:27:29 PM »
LHCBS thinks we are an elite team in his mind, and elite teams don't change the looks of their uni's.  Just can't argue with the man when ,by and large, he's right.  :gocho:

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: May 25, 2013, 10:38:33 PM »
LHCBS thinks we are an elite team in his mind, and elite teams don't change the looks of their uni's.  Just can't argue with the man when ,by and large, he's right.  :gocho:

:bill:

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: New Uniforms/eff LHC LHC LHC LHC LHC Bill Snyder Master Thread
« Reply #1248 on: May 25, 2013, 10:38:57 PM »

great point. we absolutely should not improve something at kansas state university until we can prove that improving it, will improve it. eff you are painful.

ya, you sound like a jackass belvis

Offline EMAWesome

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: May 25, 2013, 11:53:51 PM »
Purple pants were great.

This is the ONLY picture evidence I can find that the purple pants ever existed after 20 minutes of searching...it's like LHCBS has scrubbed the internets of almost all traces that they were actually a thing once  :ksu: