Author Topic: New Uniforms Master Thread  (Read 546769 times)

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
New Uniforms/eff LHC Bill Snyder Master Thread
« Reply #1200 on: May 23, 2013, 11:02:43 AM »
Canadian friend of mine just toured Morehouse College with a bunch of middle school football studs. They were there for a "Hey, get excited about going to college!" academic tour and at the end the presenter asked them where they wanted to go any why. 14 out of the 19 kids completely disregarded the academic component and said they wanted to go to Oregon to play football. Canadian Friend later asked them why they wanted to go there and they said because their jerseys are so fly. So that's nothing new, but any GPC'rs or Kansasstate.Scout.com'rs can just eff right off with that "But I like our traditional jerseys" garbage. Guess how many of these kids said they wanted to play football at Kansas State?  You guessed it, negative fifty.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 11:06:47 AM by SkinnyBenny »
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: New Uniforms/eff LHC Bill Snyder Master Thread
« Reply #1201 on: May 23, 2013, 11:57:07 AM »
Canadian friend of mine just toured Morehouse College with a bunch of middle school football studs. They were there for a "Hey, get excited about going to college!" academic tour and at the end the presenter asked them where they wanted to go any why. 14 out of the 19 kids completely disregarded the academic component and said they wanted to go to Oregon to play football. Canadian Friend later asked them why they wanted to go there and they said because their jerseys are so fly. So that's nothing new, but any GPC'rs or Kansasstate.Scout.com'rs can just eff right off with that "But I like our traditional jerseys" garbage. Guess how many of these kids said they wanted to play football at Kansas State?  You guessed it, negative fifty.

Guess we should really start recruiting the Morehouse kids a little harder.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
New Uniforms/eff LHC Bill Snyder Master Thread
« Reply #1202 on: May 23, 2013, 01:49:58 PM »
GPC tucks would assure you they just don't have the same intrinsic values or knowledge of the playbook.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: May 23, 2013, 02:22:47 PM »
SkinnyBenny, those kids all suck at football and LHOFHCBS would never offer them scholarships anyway. Let them go to Oregon so they can walk the runway.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: May 23, 2013, 02:43:42 PM »
Oregon is the gold standard when it comes to branding.  Their uniform combos helped cultivate that program's identity.   

But, to play the devil's advocate, just look at the SEC and big 10 for evidence that uniforms really aren't that important.  Badass facilities, national TV, exposure, and $$$ under the table are all much more important than having 450 uniform combinations.  I can't name a team in the big 10 or SEC that routinely trots out a different uniform.  Aside from maybe a handful of alternates, most big boy schools have a classic, unchanged uniform scheme.  Look at the top 25 and you won't find many crazy uniforms.  Ohio State, Bama, Stanford, A&M, Michigan, Notre Dame, Florida, UT, OU, LSU, Nebraska, USC, 3MAW, etc. etc. 

In my mind, we lose recruits to similarly situated programs (OKState) because of facilities, not uniforms.   

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: May 23, 2013, 03:10:51 PM »
Oregon is the gold standard when it comes to branding.  Their uniform combos helped cultivate that program's identity.   

But, to play the devil's advocate, just look at the SEC and big 10 for evidence that uniforms really aren't that important.  Badass facilities, national TV, exposure, and $$$ under the table are all much more important than having 450 uniform combinations.  I can't name a team in the big 10 or SEC that routinely trots out a different uniform.  Aside from maybe a handful of alternates, most big boy schools have a classic, unchanged uniform scheme.  Look at the top 25 and you won't find many crazy uniforms.  Ohio State, Bama, Stanford, A&M, Michigan, Notre Dame, Florida, UT, OU, LSU, Nebraska, USC, 3MAW, etc. etc. 

In my mind, we lose recruits to similarly situated programs (OKState) because of facilities, not uniforms.   

BULLSHIT! FYBN

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: May 23, 2013, 03:13:08 PM »

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: May 23, 2013, 03:16:08 PM »
Every one of those schools that belvis mentioned has at least 4 alternate uniforms

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: May 23, 2013, 03:23:03 PM »
Every one of those schools that belvis mentioned has at least 4 alternate uniforms

incorrect.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: May 23, 2013, 03:25:44 PM »

incorrect.

okay who doesnt?

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: May 23, 2013, 03:34:48 PM »

okay who doesnt?

OU.
UT.
USC.
Bama.

Like I said, some schools have an alternate.  Or maybe a throwback for historic games.  (see Nebraska v. Wisconsin).  But, the vast majority of big boy schools aren't like Oregon or OkState where they trot out a different uni combo every week. 

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: May 23, 2013, 03:41:14 PM »

okay who doesnt?

OU.
UT.
USC.
Bama.

Like I said, some schools have an alternate.  Or maybe a throwback for historic games.  (see Nebraska v. Wisconsin).  But, the vast majority of big boy schools aren't like Oregon or OkState where they trot out a different uni combo every week.

okay i looked and you are right and i was wrong, but florida michigan notre dame ect all have multiple. and ou and texas have alternates that they wear on occasion. we have 1. 1 rough ridin' uniform. and no tuck talking point in the world will change my view that we need something different,, look how excited the players were when they got new rough ridin' gloves for christ sakes

Offline lopakman

• Katpak'r
  • #1Wiggins
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: May 23, 2013, 03:59:08 PM »
look how excited the players were when they got new rough ridin' gloves for christ sakes

That was a great day!  :ksu:
@lopakman

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: May 23, 2013, 04:01:00 PM »
Not to beat a dead horse, but no, OU and UT don't have alternate uniforms.  period. 

And I think an alternate would be badass.  Wish we had one. 

But, IMO, it's pretty moronic to say we're missing out on elite talent because we don't have multiple uni combos. 

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: May 23, 2013, 04:05:01 PM »
Not to beat a dead horse, but no, OU and UT don't have alternate uniforms.  period. 

But, IMO, it's pretty moronic to say we're missing out on elite talent because we don't have multiple uni combos.

i guess we have a difference of opinion on what "alternate" is. when texas wears all whites thats not an alternate?

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1215 on: May 23, 2013, 04:15:23 PM »

i guess we have a difference of opinion on what "alternate" is. when texas wears all whites thats not an alternate?

can't tell if serious. 

Offline yoman

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: May 23, 2013, 04:21:18 PM »
OU has trotted out alternates before. Can't think of any for Texas besides the Nike pro combat in 09
I think this yoman guy is on to something....

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: May 23, 2013, 04:21:39 PM »

bro your point is not wrong here, but, man, you might want to take a quick lap, just recharge those batteries and come back in 5 ready to go at it again

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: May 23, 2013, 04:24:56 PM »
OU has trotted out alternates before. Can't think of any for Texas besides the Nike pro combat in 09

OU wore a throwback white helmet against Tech in '09 and got dismantled.  Stoops now refuses to tinker with the uni, according to google. 

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: May 23, 2013, 04:25:27 PM »

bro your point is not wrong here, but, man, you might want to take a quick lap, just recharge those batteries and come back in 5 ready to go at it again

I will admit that I have a lafbuiq but hey I am a go fight fight cats fan so I guess i never had a chance

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: New Uniforms/eff LHC LHC Bill Snyder Master Thread
« Reply #1220 on: May 23, 2013, 05:38:07 PM »

Wut?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: May 23, 2013, 07:18:45 PM »

Take a day off.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: May 23, 2013, 10:17:46 PM »

Guess we should really start recruiting the Morehouse kids a little harder.
:lol:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: May 23, 2013, 10:18:28 PM »
SkinnyBenny, those kids all suck at football and LHOFHCBS would never offer them scholarships anyway. Let them go to Oregon so they can walk the runway.
:thumbs:

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: May 23, 2013, 10:20:21 PM »

Amen.   :thumbsup: