Author Topic: Republicans stand against the will of the voters...verified fact  (Read 11071 times)

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Republicans stand against the will of the voters...verified fact
« Reply #50 on: July 26, 2011, 12:37:55 PM »
I still don't see where it say's they're paying for it  :ck: But regardless, I agree with OK_cat....government sucks.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 12:42:41 PM by pike »

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 26, 2011, 12:42:23 PM »
I assume you only send and receive mail via UPS and FedEx?

Doesn't matter if we got to keep the money that would otherwise go to those programs.  Besides, 99% of paper mail could easily be eliminated.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 26, 2011, 01:06:34 PM »

Doesn't matter if we got to keep the money that would otherwise go to those programs.  Besides, 99% of paper mail could easily be eliminated.

How much taxpayer money do you think goes to the USPS?

Hint: They don't get any.

Also, the USPS is the 2nd largest employer in the US (Wal-Mart is 1st). You are suggesting the elimination of a whole lot of well-paying* jobs.

*Well-paying for being a mail man, anyway.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 01:13:53 PM by Nuts Kicked »

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 26, 2011, 01:12:16 PM »

Doesn't matter if we got to keep the money that would otherwise go to those programs.  Besides, 99% of paper mail could easily be eliminated.

Even if they shut it down today, there is something like 50 billion in unfunded union retirement benefits outstanding.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 26, 2011, 01:17:23 PM »

Even if they shut it down today, there is something like 50 billion in unfunded union retirement benefits outstanding.

They don't get taxpayer funding.

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 26, 2011, 01:22:01 PM »
If the post office could turn a profit then they can stay around, but if not...

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 26, 2011, 01:25:12 PM »

They are a not-for-profit business/quasi government department. It is illegal for them to turn a profit.

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 26, 2011, 01:31:10 PM »

They are a not-for-profit business/quasi government department. It is illegal for them to turn a profit.

Well, if they could work on not losing money hand over fist...

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 26, 2011, 01:32:40 PM »

It is their problem. They don't receive any taxpayer funding. The government shouldn't just eliminate them because you don't like them.

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 26, 2011, 01:38:19 PM »
Anyone who has ever waited in line at the post office knows they should be eliminated.

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 26, 2011, 02:01:22 PM »
Also, they need to legalize drugs to increase tax revenue, reduce violence, and give a reprieve to our overwhelmed prison system

Offline 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 26, 2011, 02:02:28 PM »
I still don't see where it say's they're paying for it  :ck: But regardless, I agree with OK_cat....government sucks.

:facepalm:

Reading is hard.

Offline 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 26, 2011, 02:03:57 PM »

If every business was required to pre-fund pension programs, they'd all lose money hand over fist.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 26, 2011, 02:04:37 PM »

They don't get taxpayer funding.

You are right, they "borrow" money from the US Treasury.

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 26, 2011, 02:09:49 PM »
They will default on their loans this year.

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 26, 2011, 03:35:36 PM »
http://www.wibw.com/nationalnews/headlines/Nearly_3700_post_offices_slated_to_close_126203353.html

Your little post office could be slated to close as the U.S. Postal Service tries to find ways to cut red ink.

Postmaster General Patrick Donahoe released a long-awaited "post office study" of nearly 3,700 potential closings in all 50 states and Washington, D.C.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 27, 2011, 08:37:00 PM »
The only person at my house that would notice the mailman not showing up anymore is my dog.

Yes, my dog is a person.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #67 on: July 27, 2011, 08:40:01 PM »
http://www.wibw.com/nationalnews/headlines/Nearly_3700_post_offices_slated_to_close_126203353.html

Your little post office could be slated to close as the U.S. Postal Service tries to find ways to cut red ink.

Postmaster General Patrick Donahoe released a long-awaited "post office study" of nearly 3,700 potential closings in all 50 states and Washington, D.C.

The post office isn't funded through stamps?   :horrorsurprise:

I bet UPS could figure out how to do the mail for 25 cents a letter and still collect a profit.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 27, 2011, 11:32:19 PM »

I bet UPS could figure out how to do the mail for 25 cents a letter and still collect a profit.

Yeah, UPS can't figure out how to deliver lots of more expensive (an profitable) crap to every address in the U.S. That's why when my grandparents live in the middle of rough ridin' nowhere receive something from "UPS" it's delivered by the USPS. UPS will take it to the nearest post office then pay the USPS to deliver it.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 28, 2011, 07:38:23 PM »

Yeah, UPS can't figure out how to deliver lots of more expensive (an profitable) crap to every address in the U.S. That's why when my grandparents live in the middle of rough ridin' nowhere receive something from "UPS" it's delivered by the USPS. UPS will take it to the nearest post office then pay the USPS to deliver it.

So UPS sub-contracts these routes to the USPS who operates them at a loss while UPS makes a profit?  ZOMG!  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

There's no way UPS couldn't figure this out better than the US Govt.

Fun fact, did you know that private companies are constitutionally prohibited from operating a post service? 

Offline 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 29, 2011, 12:32:57 AM »

So UPS sub-contracts these routes to the USPS who operates them at a loss while UPS makes a profit?  ZOMG!  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

There's no way UPS couldn't figure this out better than the US Govt.

Fun fact, did you know that private companies are constitutionally prohibited from operating a post service? 

That's the rough ridin' point you dolt. UPS wouldn't deliver to those locations at all if it weren't for the USPS, which wouldn't deliver to those locations either except for that whole mandate from Congress thing. Also, USPS would have actually have made a profit over the last four years if it didn't have to prepay retirement benefits -- something no other federal or private agency is required to do.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 29, 2011, 12:41:05 AM »
I think it's pretty cool that I can may for whatever a stamp costs now and my grandma will get her card in 2 days.  Hell, it takes me 12 hours just to drive to her house.  :dunno:

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 29, 2011, 12:48:05 PM »
Please tell me you don't have a business degree. 

Let's break this down

That's the rough ridin' point you dolt. UPS wouldn't deliver to those locations at all if it weren't for the USPS, unverifiable statement, also untrue
which wouldn't deliver to those locations either except for that whole mandate from Congress thing. which "whole mandate thing"
 Also, USPS would have actually have made a profit over the last four years if it didn't have to prepay retirement benefits -- something no other federal or private agency is required to do.false statement.  All financial reporting companies with defined benefit pensions have to fund the pensions annually.  Why the USPS would even be subject to such oppressive reporting requirements is unknown, but you made it up, not me.

The flagship of efficiency for our federal govt is a complete abortion.  Yet all of your solutions to the problems facing this country is more government.  Nice thought process, dolt.

Offline 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 29, 2011, 11:55:46 PM »
Please tell me you don't have a business degree. 

Let's break this down

That's the rough ridin' point you dolt. UPS wouldn't deliver to those locations at all if it weren't for the USPS, unverifiable statement, also untrue
which wouldn't deliver to those locations either except for that whole mandate from Congress thing. which "whole mandate thing"
 Also, USPS would have actually have made a profit over the last four years if it didn't have to prepay retirement benefits -- something no other federal or private agency is required to do.false statement.  All financial reporting companies with defined benefit pensions have to fund the pensions annually.  Why the USPS would even be subject to such oppressive reporting requirements is unknown, but you made it up, not me.

The flagship of efficiency for our federal govt is a complete abortion.  Yet all of your solutions to the problems facing this country is more government.  Nice thought process, dolt.

First, I'd like to know how your brain works that an "unverifiable statement" is also "untrue". Those are mutually exclusive terms you know. To claim something is untrue, you must first ascertain its veracity, or you know, verify the statement.

As for the mandate, the USPS must deliver mail six days a week to every address in the nation. UPS contracts with USPS to deliver to the middle of nowhere because UPS did the analysis that it was unprofitable to deliver to those locations. The postal service was actually included in the Constitution and the mandate from congress ensured that everyone received mail.

And in 2006, congress in it's infinite wisdom, determined that the USPS had a decade to prefund the next 75 years of retirement benefits. Please tell me what other government agency or private business is subject to that requirement.

This is why no one will answer your list of questions. You're too rough ridin' dumb to even try to learn something.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 30, 2011, 06:08:09 AM »
06wildcat just made all the post office haters look like fools. 

The USPS systems runs on a 3 years cycle of dealing with pension funding.  The reason why you only hear retards run their mouth about it every few years is because of this system.  USPS doesn't just fund their pension system, they PRE-fund it ahead of time so you have a hill and valley in profit over the course of the cycle. The post office union even wants to change this but the PMG is a rough ridin' Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) who is going to drive the USPS into the ground. 

Anything that is for the good of the nation in the Constitution should not be privatized and held at the whims of the market.  If you believe that, youre an idiot. 
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting