Author Topic: Transparent and Open Government  (Read 1186 times)

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
Transparent and Open Government
« on: July 15, 2011, 06:00:03 PM »

Looks like the White House went after Fox News in 2009 after all

As the U.K. phone-hacking scandal continues to engulf News Corp's British segment, one of the company's top-performing assets in the U.S. is enjoying a bit of unrelated vindication.

Rewind to October 2009: Fox News Channel and the White House were at war. In one particularly heated incident, Fox claimed the Obama administration had tried to oust the "fair & balanced" network from an interview with Treasury official Kenneth Feinberg, when the other four news nets in the TV coverage pool had been offered access. In the end, Fox was included, and a Treasury Department spokesman snarled: "There was no plot to exclude Fox News, and they had the same interview that their competitors did. Much ado about absolutely nothing."

Emails that surfaced last week, however, through a public records request by the conservative watchdog group Judicial Watch, suggest otherwise.

"We'd prefer if you skip Fox please," a White House broadcast media staffer advised a Treasury Department public affairs secretary ahead of the interview. In other emails during the same time frame, deputy White House communications director Jennifer Psaki called Fox News anchor Bret Baier "a lunatic" and boasted that "I am putting some dead fish in the fox cubby--just cause." In yet another email, another White House press officer wrote: "We've demonstrated our willingness and ability to exclude Fox News from significant interviews …"

Proof of an anti-Fox agenda in the Oval Office? Judicial Watch thinks so.

"These documents show there is a pervasive anti-Fox bias in the Obama White House," said Judicial Watch president Tom Fitton in a statement. "The juvenile Mafioso-talk in these emails has no place in any White House. For the Obama administration to purposely exclude a major news organization from access to information has troubling First Amendment implications."
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/cutline/looks-white-house-went-fox-news-2009-124710609.html

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Transparent and Open Government
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2011, 08:31:02 AM »
Fox is claiming someone is biased?

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2011, 11:56:02 AM »
No, someone else is proving the White House lies.

Kinda different

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2011, 01:00:43 PM »
considering Rupert Murdoch "who owns...(*cough*) Fox News" is currently under investigation for violating the privacy of countless people (including murder victims)...is this really the path Fox would like to go down? Transparency and ethics code?

Because I don't think it ends well for them.

http://www.fair.org/index.php?page=1067

and don't forget Roger Ailes. The most uncouth liar in the history of media.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2011, 05:02:53 PM »
Weird that Bookcat would be okay with the gov't denying media coverage to one of the 4 major networks.  Thought libs were all about protecting liberties?  Or does that only count when you agree with Obama?

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2011, 05:07:51 PM »
Weird that Bookcat would be okay with the gov't denying media coverage to one of the 4 major networks.  Thought libs were all about protecting liberties?  Or does that only count when you agree with Obama?

That is correct. All the civil liberties that Bush took away are now ok with libs because the Messiah says so.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2011, 06:04:51 PM »

I think this evidence proves Obama is a liar and also hates the first amendment.  He is a liberal   :ck:
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd