Author Topic: Savin' the best for saturday  (Read 2202 times)

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
Savin' the best for saturday
« on: February 24, 2010, 09:55:03 AM »
Just realized nobody played over 29 minutes last night. More playing time to the freshman(except Judge). Purposely done by Frank to save energy for Saturday? or just ended up that way because KSU blew them outta the water didn't need to play them? or both?  :dunno:

## Player Name              MIN

23 Sutton, Dominique.....  24
24 Kelly, Curtis.............   21
15 Colon, Luis...............  21
00 Pullen, Jacob...........   29
21 Clemente, Denis........  29
02 Henriquez, Jordan......  9
03 Irving, Martavious.....  16
10 Ojeleye, Victor..........  5
12 Russell, Nick.............  9
22 McGruder, Rodney.....  5
31 Merriewether, Chris...   8
32 Samuels, Jamar........   22
33 Judge, Wally............   2

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Bookcat

Re: Savin' the best for saturday
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 09:58:29 AM »
perhaps both.

You could tell Frank knew we'd handle those guys when Nick Russell was seeing PT in the first half.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 10:14:34 AM »
perhaps both.

You could tell Frank knew we'd handle those guys when Nick Russell was seeing PT in the first half.

Loved seeing Russell on the floor.  He still is my worry transfer after this season.  Hopefully playing time will cool any emotions he might be hiding. 

Judge looked extremely giddy and happy on the sidelines for only playing 2 minutes.  I'm hoping Frank told him he would see a lot of playing time against Mizzou because of his athletic ability and speed.  I don't see Colon getting many minutes Saturday.
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline get_HIT

• Combo-Fan
  • "I just love the Jayhawk...It should be killed."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2010, 11:02:26 AM »
it seems to me like russell has played more @baylor and @texas tech.....wonder if frank is playin him more in his home state due to family & friends at games???  may be totally off base, just a thought. 
"He was in the group of about four or five troll K-State fans who were celebrating like they had just won a national title." -BMW on get_HIT

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2010, 11:03:43 AM »
it seems to me like russell has played more @baylor and @texas tech.....wonder if frank is playin him more in his home state due to family & friends at games???  may be totally off base, just a thought. 

This

Only SLTH coaches think this way.
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2010, 11:20:42 AM »
russell should worry more about being fred browned than kstate fans should worry about him nick williamsing.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline BEFR

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2010, 11:24:09 AM »
i hope we're rested and ready for saturday... what i need is for us to destroy mu so bad that they're calling for an amber lamps by the end of the game  :drool:

waldo

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2010, 11:27:58 AM »
russell should worry more about being fred browned than kstate fans should worry about him nick williamsing.

This.  I think Nick is getting a few more minutes so that Frank can decide if he "has it" or if he needs to be run at the end of the season.  I had high hopes for Nick but with the recruitment of Southwell, Sprads and now Cook, the question has to be asked, how many pg's do we need?  Yeah, yeah, some of these guys could play the 2, but you get my drift.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2010, 11:51:02 AM »
I think Nick is getting a few more minutes so that Frank can decide if he "has it" or if he needs to be run at the end of the season.  I had high hopes for Nick but with the recruitment of Southwell, Sprads and now Cook, the question has to be asked, how many pg's do we need?  Yeah, yeah, some of these guys could play the 2, but you get my drift.

there's no real need for another ship this spring.  next year might be different.  and i think martin gives players two years before jettisoning them.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

waldo

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2010, 11:57:28 AM »
I think Nick is getting a few more minutes so that Frank can decide if he "has it" or if he needs to be run at the end of the season.  I had high hopes for Nick but with the recruitment of Southwell, Sprads and now Cook, the question has to be asked, how many pg's do we need?  Yeah, yeah, some of these guys could play the 2, but you get my drift.

there's no real need for another ship this spring.  next year might be different.  and i think martin gives players two years before jettisoning them.

I was thinking Tony Smith...know he's recently left team and all sorts of wierd stuff, but it seemed like Frank was looking for an additional member for next spring...and a pg at that.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2010, 12:10:51 PM »
I was thinking Tony Smith...know he's recently left team and all sorts of wierd stuff, but it seemed like Frank was looking for an additional member for next spring...and a pg at that.

you're right.  they do seem to be recruiting a combo guard for this spring.  but there is already an open scholarship, so they don't need to lose anyone to sign another player this spring.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2010, 12:38:41 PM »

yep.  Of course, Ojelaye would then be Merriewethered.  :blank: