Author Topic: Re: Social Security  (Read 2679 times)

Offline 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Social Security
« on: July 07, 2011, 10:04:48 PM »
Looks like it might be getting tweaked and start using a chained CPI for inflation adjustments. It's a good step, but would rather see a dedicated commission looking at increases every 5 to 10 years, not yearly raises.

Oh, and the way this might get through is by also raising taxes on the middle class  :lol:

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 11:03:33 PM »
I could really give a eff less what they do with SS.  How about they just admit that it's only going to be around for a short time longer, keep taxing us, and use it to pay towards the debt?  At least then, I would feel better about them stealing money from me every two weeks.  Sort of an "I love you" before they do sex to me.  :dunno:

Offline 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2011, 11:42:37 PM »
I could really give a eff less what they do with SS.  How about they just admit that it's only going to be around for a short time longer, keep taxing us, and use it to pay towards the debt?  At least then, I would feel better about them stealing money from me every two weeks.  Sort of an "I love you" before they do sex to me.  :dunno:

You really don't understand how SS is set up do you.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2011, 11:49:18 PM »
No, I really don't.  Just know I'm paying into something that I will likely never see.   

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2011, 11:54:03 PM »
No, I really don't.  Just know I'm paying into something that I will likely never see.   

That's how I look at it, too. If you're under 35 and counting on seeing social security before you're 80, you're completely Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2011, 05:00:10 PM »
Social Security, what an awesome display of how ineffective and useless our federal government is.

In this Ponzi scheme the Federal Government forcibly takes (I believe this is called stealing when a person does it) 6.2% of my salary and another 6.2% from my employer.  In exchange for forcibly surrendering 12.4% of my salary to the Federal Govt. I get the promise of enough money to buy groceries and live in Section 8 housing when I turn 67 1/2.  To be fair, I also get a really shitty disability policy that might cost me $20 a month in the private sector.

What a deal!!!  There isn't a money manager on the planet that can do better than this.  12.4% of my salary every month and I can retire in completely degrading style.  Yay! 'merica

Now lets talk about the fantastic single payer system we have in place for our seniors and how its totally bankrupting the country.  I can't wait to will get everyone under the age of 65 into this system, should be awesome!!!! Yay! 'merica, yay! Medicare   

Booooooo big oil!!!!   BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  You're exploiting 'mericans!!!!  You evil jerks!!!!   BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2011, 05:13:26 PM »
I think I'm moving to Sweden.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2011, 09:42:13 PM »

That's how I look at it, too. If you're under 35 and counting on seeing social security before you're 80, you're completely Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).

if you're 35, have two parents, they don't die early, they didn't breed like irresponsible rabbits, they don't spend like irresponsible badgers, and they don't hate you, you'll come out ahead in inheritance, even if you never see a penny directly.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2011, 09:51:50 PM »
Yeah but they have also been paying in to the program.  Whether my folks leave me their money or not, I still won't see the money I paid in.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2011, 09:58:00 PM »

if you're 35, have two parents, they don't die early, they didn't breed like irresponsible rabbits, they don't spend like irresponsible badgers, and they don't hate you, you'll come out ahead in inheritance, even if you never see a penny directly.

This is all very true, but none of it has anything at all to do with social security.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2011, 10:37:10 PM »
This is all very true, but none of it has anything at all to do with social security.

my statement only addesses ss, nothing else.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2011, 10:39:55 PM »
Yeah but they have also been paying in to the program.  Whether my folks leave me their money or not, I still won't see the money I paid in.

people in our parents' & grandparents' generations received/are due to receive far more than they paid in.  given the caveats i listed your family will receive and pass down to you more than you and your family paid in.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2011, 03:25:41 AM »

It would be a great country to move to if things get too bad. I was there last summer and it was fantastic.

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2011, 09:57:45 AM »
Social Security, what an awesome display of how ineffective and useless our federal government is.

In this Ponzi scheme the Federal Government forcibly takes (I believe this is called stealing when a person does it) 6.2% of my salary and another 6.2% from my employer.  In exchange for forcibly surrendering 12.4% of my salary to the Federal Govt. I get the promise of enough money to buy groceries and live in Section 8 housing when I turn 67 1/2.  To be fair, I also get a really crapty disability policy that might cost me $20 a month in the private sector.

What a deal!!!  There isn't a money manager on the planet that can do better than this.  12.4% of my salary every month and I can retire in completely degrading style.  Yay! 'merica

Now lets talk about the fantastic single payer system we have in place for our seniors and how its totally bankrupting the country.  I can't wait to will get everyone under the age of 65 into this system, should be awesome!!!! Yay! 'merica, yay! Medicare  

Booooooo big oil!!!!   BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  You're exploiting 'mericans!!!!  You evil jerks!!!!   BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

so the answer is to work hard and square away an income high enough that will allow you to save enough for retirement on top of the cost of living for such things as a home, auto(s), children, food, fuel, etc.

How's that income/expense ratio thing going for...oh, all of the nations' middle class?

and this graph is before the recession in which we've seen the cost of fuel return to pre-recession levels, the dollar flattened, and millions laid off because corporations figured out they didn't need a labor force to manufacture goods that their #1 demographic (read: the middle class) can no longer afford.

Your thoughts?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 09:59:57 AM by Bookcat »

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2011, 10:01:41 AM »

It would be a great country to move to if things get too bad. I was there last summer and it was fantastic.

Great place to live off the government teet, but you better hurry. They are beginning to realize they can't afford to support a bunch of foreign slackers.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2011, 11:28:53 AM »

In this Ponzi scheme the Federal Government forcibly takes (I believe this is called stealing when a person does it) 6.2% of my salary and another 6.2% from my employer.  In exchange for forcibly surrendering 12.4% of my salary to the Federal Govt. I get the promise of enough money to buy groceries and live in Section 8 housing when I turn 67 1/2.  To be fair, I also get a really crapty disability policy that might cost me $20 a month in the private sector.

What a deal!!!  There isn't a money manager on the planet that can do better than this.  12.4% of my salary every month and I can retire in completely degrading style.  Yay! 'merica

Now lets talk about the fantastic single payer system we have in place for our seniors and how its totally bankrupting the country.  I can't wait to will get everyone under the age of 65 into this system, should be awesome!!!! Yay! 'merica, yay! Medicare  

Booooooo big oil!!!!   BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  You're exploiting 'mericans!!!!  You evil jerks!!!!   BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

so the answer is to work hard and square away an income high enough that will allow you to save enough for retirement on top of the cost of living for such things as a home, auto(s), children, food, fuel, etc.

How's that income/expense ratio thing going for...oh, all of the nations' middle class?

and this graph is before the recession in which we've seen the cost of fuel return to pre-recession levels, the dollar flattened, and millions laid off because corporations figured out they didn't need a labor force to manufacture goods that their #1 demographic (read: the middle class) can no longer afford.

Your thoughts?

Your graph has nothing to do with SS, or the fact that the government takes 12.4% of your income and does astonishingly little with it.  It's a red herring, meant for another thread. 

I suppose you could legislate that people are required to put 12.4% of their income into a retirement account (rather than just give it to the fed govt.).  That would be a nice satanist compromise.  I believe they do something similar with RR workers (who coincidentally have MUCH MUCH MUCH better retirement packages).

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2011, 11:53:32 AM »
According to a new analysis from USA Today, American households are now on the hook for $534,000 to pay for the county’s debt and the unfunded obligations, or excess costs, for programs like Social Security and Medicare.

USA Today reveals the eye-popping numbers for the federal government’s mounting fiscal problems. A staggering $5.3 trillion was added to the government’s tab last year, putting the overall figure at an astonishing $61.6 trillion.

The report offers fresh evidence that the time to act is now. Entitlement programs, in particular, are driving the debt crisis, despite what some in Congress and the White House would have you believe.

USA Today puts the increase for Medicare at $1.8 trillion. Social Security wasn’t far behind with $1.4 trillion increase.

When the $61.6 trillion is broken down per household, that equals $534,000 — a figure “more than five times what Americans have borrowed for everything else,” according to USA Today. By program, it looks like this:

* Medicare: $24.8 trillion
    * Social Security: $21.4 trillion

* Federal debt: $9.4 trillion
    * Military retirement/disability benefits: $3.6 trillion
    * Federal employee retirement benefits: $2 trillion
    * State, local government obligations: $5.2 trillion

Despite the heated political rhetoric about programs like Medicare, the reality is that Washington can’t ignore the problem. Heritage’s new plan, Saving the American Dream, presents a path forward for fixing the debt, cutting spending and restoring prosperity.

New polling out today suggests America is seeking leadership on these issues. President Obama fairs poorly in the Washington Post-ABC News poll, getting negative marks from six in 10 on the deficit and economy.

Now if we could just cut than $0.001 Trillion a year tax entitlement to Big Oil, looks like the problem would be solved.  Also, taxing rich people makes poor people richer.

The solution to the $50.000 trillion dollar problem is clearly cutting corporate jet and big oil tax entitlements, raising an additional $0.053 trillion in revenues over the next ten years.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2011, 04:58:43 PM »
Social Security wasn't meant to be treated as anything more than supplemental income for old, retired people.  If you're a dumbass who didn't invest and save money for retirement, then you rely strictly on Social Security to pay the bills (while living in poverty). 

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2011, 05:57:27 PM »
Social Security wasn't meant to be treated as anything more than supplemental income for old, retired people.  If you're a dumbass who didn't invest and save money for retirement, then you rely strictly on Social Security to pay the bills (while living in poverty). 

Do you really believe that????

You actually think the Old-Age Survivors and Disability Insurance Act (OASDI) of 1935 was legislated to provide supplemental income for seniors???  Are you rough ridin' joking???

Even if this were true, don't you think 12.4% of you salary is a little rich for disability income and really shitty annuity???

Thanks for nothing,

RevisionistHistoryHJhawk