Author Topic: Patagonia  (Read 2558 times)

Offline 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Patagonia
« on: June 26, 2011, 03:38:56 PM »
Anyone ever been? Mrs. 06 is trying to convince me to go on a 2-week trip there in November.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Patagonia
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2011, 03:40:04 PM »
Looks pretty sweet on TV.  Plus, I'm pretty sure they have really good beef and love to eat the crap out of it.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2011, 03:41:16 PM »
Sounds boring

Offline 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2011, 03:44:32 PM »
Looks pretty sweet on TV.  Plus, I'm pretty sure they have really good beef and love to eat the crap out of it.

Yes, on past trips to Argentina (was much farther north) the beef is excellent.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2011, 11:39:46 PM »
It's pretty on par with north face

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2011, 12:16:46 AM »

Superior to North Face. 

On a serious note, one of my clients up here in Oregon frequently visits Argentina.  He absolutely loves it there.  Let me know if you're looking for any specific things to do, and I'll ask him.  One of the cool things he told me about is this train ride from Patagonia to Buenos Aires, which is relatively inexpensive, and includes a couple meals and pretty much all the Argentinian red wine you can drink.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2011, 09:54:51 AM »
Sounds boring

yeah, it seriously seems like there would be somewhere in the world more interesting to go to for two weeks. :dunno:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2011, 09:59:27 AM »
Sounds boring

yeah, it seriously seems like there would be somewhere in the world more interesting to go to for two weeks. :dunno:

Maybe you guys should expand your horizons?

Offline 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2011, 10:42:28 AM »

Superior to North Face. 

On a serious note, one of my clients up here in Oregon frequently visits Argentina.  He absolutely loves it there.  Let me know if you're looking for any specific things to do, and I'll ask him.  One of the cool things he told me about is this train ride from Patagonia to Buenos Aires, which is relatively inexpensive, and includes a couple meals and pretty much all the Argentinian red wine you can drink.

Won't need any tips on what to do, it's basically 2 weeks of hiking, biking and kayaking through the border region. I expect there to be all kinds of wine though, there's always wine in Argentina.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2011, 04:53:38 PM »

Superior to North Face. 

Won't need any tips on what to do, it's basically 2 weeks of hiking, biking and kayaking through the border region. I expect there to be all kinds of wine though, there's always wine in Argentina.

Sounds awesome. 

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2011, 05:06:47 PM »
I know a few people who have been to South America and all of them have loved it. Patagonia would be awesome.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2011, 05:44:04 PM »
180* South (do not know how to make degree symbol on computer) is a fantastic movie that shows the region well.  One of my favs

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2011, 01:04:23 PM »
I was in Chilean Patagonia in late December. I had a great time doing the whole outdoorsy thing. Plus there's nice hotels and restaurants, etc. But I was sort of in the neighborhood at the time. Don't know if I'd just go.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2011, 07:58:18 AM »
Sounds boring

Couldn't you go to Colorado or Wyoming/montana and get the same experience without all the poverty?

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2011, 08:17:07 AM »
Sounds boring

Couldn't you go to Colorado or Wyoming/montana and get the same experience without all the poverty?

LOL, no. That's like saying you can just go to Kansas City and get the same experience as New York without all the crime.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2011, 08:43:47 AM »
Branson. [/thread]
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline jmlynch1

• Katpak'r
  • stay together for the kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2011, 08:51:42 AM »
Easter Island or Northeast Brazil. I didn't make it to Patagonia when I was in Argentina and Chile, but it sounds boring.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2011, 10:45:46 AM »
easter island?  outside of the moai, what the hell is there to do there?

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2011, 10:49:45 AM »

Superior to North Face. 

Sounds awesome. 
beems you are quite the wine0 iirc from your pic on ksufans