Author Topic: Fishing. It's great. any other goEMAW anglers out there?  (Read 189277 times)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Re: Fishing. It's great. any other goEMAW anglers out there?
« Reply #225 on: April 26, 2013, 02:23:10 PM »
CNS, are you the stud in the bandana or the long fish in the middle?

That stud in the bandana is a human fish finder.  was great to fish with.
Wow! Sounds pretty elite.

Online ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 26, 2013, 02:24:19 PM »
Would love to deep sea fish someday but I am afraid of getting sea sick. Is this something that happens often?

If the waves are big then yes. Went in Cancun last october with a bach party and over half the group was puking off the sides. We were also really hung over from the night before and that did not help.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 26, 2013, 02:28:51 PM »
dlew has a pretty great deep sea fishing story. DLEW!
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Online ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 28, 2013, 10:07:32 PM »
Fished the strip mines by Pittsburgh today. Beautiful area, water is so clear you can see the fish before you catch them.

Also saw tons of snakes when I was in some rocky area.

Maybe sys can tell me if I should of been a little worried about this guy

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 28, 2013, 10:19:11 PM »

Also saw tons of snakes when I was in some rocky area.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

i'm going with black rat snake. you were prob fine, but heebies jeebies snakes just give me the willies.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 10:35:04 PM by rick daris »

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 28, 2013, 10:44:31 PM »

nerodia sipedon, also found in ks.  you should worry if you pick them up, because they will crap nasty digested fish feces all over you.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: April 28, 2013, 11:11:37 PM »
Did you take lady with you, Ben ji? She was probs mad if you didn't. Also you didn't call me to dog sit

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: April 28, 2013, 11:31:11 PM »
Positives: Just got a new job and going to Germany for 2 weeks in June.

Negative: My dad just called and asked if I wanted to go fishing in NW Colorado this summer, but I don't have enough vacation.   :cry:

Positive: Mrs. Hamburgs grandma has good fishing pond in Cowley county that her and her sisters are going to inherit. We already can use it as our own now, but that means we'll never lose access to it. The grandma just had the damn on it completely redone last year, so it's set to stay good for years to come.

Positive: One of my best friends might be moving back from California. His family has a lakehouse and boat at Tenkiller and he knows all the best spots. Said friend's family also owns cabin in NW Colorado (Steamboat/Hauns Peak) and likes to go fishing up there. My fishing potential might be taking a turn for the better.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: April 28, 2013, 11:33:34 PM »

Negative: My dad just called and asked if I wanted to go fishing in NW Colorado this summer, but I don't have enough vacation.   :cry:

Positive: Mrs. Hamburgs grandma has good fishing pond in Cowley county that her and her sisters are going to inherit. We already can use it as our own now, but that means we'll never lose access to it. The grandma just had the damn on it completely redone last year, so it's set to stay good for years to come.

Positive: One of my best friends might be moving back from California. His family has a lakehouse and boat at Tenkiller and he knows all the best spots. Said friend's family also owns cabin in NW Colorado (Steamboat/Hauns Peak) and likes to go fishing up there. My fishing potential might be taking a turn for the better.

:thumbs:

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: April 29, 2013, 12:08:26 AM »
When I was a kid I caught a crap load of channel cat (creek fishing) using mulberries. That's right I said mulberries! The liver wasn't working so I just threw a mulberry on the old bamboo pole hook and started yanking out the catfish left and right! Wow!

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: April 29, 2013, 12:13:19 AM »

Jeagle fishbait. Boom.

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: April 29, 2013, 12:23:55 AM »

nerodia sipedon, also found in ks.  you should worry if you pick them up, because they will crap nasty digested fish feces all over you.

Although spraying fish crap all over me seems to be the worst that can happen, that dude still looks like one mean snake.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: April 29, 2013, 12:29:57 AM »
Did you guys know that zebco stands for zero hour bomb company? It's true!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: April 29, 2013, 08:30:31 AM »
that snake is just doing a little sunbathing. would you want some dude picking you up while youre trying to catch a tan? doubt it. id probably poop on you too

Online ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: April 29, 2013, 08:50:24 AM »
Thanks for the info sys! Most the snakes I see are just your standard water snake variety but I've had a couple of close calls and would really like to keep my snake venom intake to the recommended level.

A couple of years ago I was fishing down at rocky ford and had just hooked a Decent sized catfish. The fish took off downstream when I was reeling it in so I had to work my way down the bank. When I finally get the fish about 20 yards away from me I look around and see a copperhead swimming downstream and its HEADED RIGHT FOR ME.

I held my pole(Still shaking violently from the fish) in one hand and in my other hand started picking up rocks and throwing them at the snake in an attempt to get it to change course. Eventually the snake changed course but I'm sure all the other fisherman got a good laugh wondering what the hell I was doing.

Then last year I was fishing at a buddy's farm pond and landed a teeny lil bass. I yanked it out of the water and it landed on the bank about 4 feet to my left, as soon as started flopping around on the bank a Copperhead that had been chilling right next to me(Without my knowledge or permission) bites the crap out of the lil bass. I did not want to touch the fish in case there was some venom on the outside so I cut the line and threw the fish back to the copperhead who promptly ate the crap out of it.

Jokes on the snake though, he's going to have a fish hook in his belly for the rest of his life! HA!

Online ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: April 29, 2013, 08:53:21 AM »

Sounds like you are set hamburglar!

If you decide to do some fishing in Colorado I would recommend trading something you own(maybe a longboard?) for a fly fishing pole. Apparently thats how the kids get fishing gear in Colorado these days.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: April 29, 2013, 01:51:35 PM »
Thanks for the info sys! Most the snakes I see are just your standard water snake variety but I've had a couple of close calls and would really like to keep my snake venom intake to the recommended level...

heh heh, i screwed up last night and assumed you were near pittsburgh, pa.  i now realize that it was pittsburg, ks.  anyways, the snake is prolly still a northern, but it might be a plain belly.  i can't see the head good enough to tell, looks like a northern though.

good stories about copperheads.  i have to say, they sound pretty unlikely, and i'd normally just say you don't know the difference between a copperhead and a watersnake.  but you sound like you spend a lot of time out and about, and if you're always out observing, eventually you'll see weird stuff, so i'll assume you did see copperheads doing those things.  pretty cool.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: April 29, 2013, 01:58:40 PM »
when i was a sunset zoo junior zookeeper, we once saw a copperhead on the trails back behind the zoo towards wildcat creek. not as fancy as benji's copperhead stories but you know what they say about copperhead stories, don't you? better to have one to than to not have loved at all is what i always say.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: April 29, 2013, 02:00:58 PM »
one time I was fishing for bullhead and saw a porcupine, beaver and snapping turtle in the same day. that's the most.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: April 29, 2013, 02:04:34 PM »
so, a porcupine, a beaver and a snapping turtle all walk into a bar. the bartender says "hey this isn't some pond that steve dave fished at. beat it punks."

:lol:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: April 29, 2013, 02:07:33 PM »
you know what they say about copperhead stories don't you? one in hand is better than two in the bush*.

*that's because the two in the bush might bite you if you don't know they are there while the one in your hand is being held in a way that would not allow him to bite you, i'm assuming.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: April 29, 2013, 02:08:38 PM »
the bartender says "don't you snap at me turtle. it's been a long day and i'll get you your beer as soon as i get done serving that porcupine friend of yours".

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: April 29, 2013, 02:10:15 PM »
you know what they say about copperhead stories don't you? look i know they are copperheads but they should call them goldhead stories if you ask me because look, these stories are gold. just gold i tell you.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: April 29, 2013, 02:11:38 PM »
the bartender turns to the porcupine and turtle and says "beaver? i hardly knew her."

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: April 29, 2013, 02:12:33 PM »
"copperheads? more like copperdeads. you're absolutely killing me with these copperhead stories. they are hilarious!"