Author Topic: Fishing. It's great. any other goEMAW anglers out there?  (Read 183770 times)

Offline Poster formerly known as jthutch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Fishing. It's great. any other goEMAW anglers out there?
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2011, 01:16:08 PM »
wELLsculptedbrows is THE goEMAW fishing expert and can drop more fishing knowledge than anyone else on this board combined.  He's basically a professional.

If anyone has fishing questions i'm confident he can answer them. 

who would win a battle between an enormous great white shark and killer whale
How big is enormous and how big is the killer whale?  Are they in an octogon or inclosed area?

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2011, 01:35:34 PM »
who eats bass?  i always considered them a catch and release fish.  hayseed. 

i guess the only fish i would catch and eat are crappie and trout, and some catfish.

Apparently Walleye are pretty tasty but I wouldn't know. 

Speaking of trout, I've heard there are some clearwater streams in the flint hills that are great for trout and spotted bass fising.

i've never heard of thse clearwater streams in the flint hills.  unless you're lying just to get me out to pillsberry crossing so you can rape me or some weird crap like that.  ya walleye are good freshwater fish.

i've got some great fishing stories. 

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2011, 04:20:48 PM »

i guess the only fish i would catch and eat are crappie and trout, and some catfish.

Speaking of trout, I've heard there are some clearwater streams in the flint hills that are great for trout and spotted bass fising.

i've never heard of thse clearwater streams in the flint hills.  unless you're lying just to get me out to pillsberry crossing so you can rape me or some weird crap like that.  ya walleye are good freshwater fish.

I heard they are in chase county.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2011, 04:27:42 PM »
Whenever I'm reeling my line back in for another cast I always think I get a fish but then it turns out it was just a stick or some junk on the bottom of the pond that it was stuck on.   :frown:

Offline wELLsculptedbrows

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2011, 04:47:28 PM »
wELLsculptedbrows is THE goEMAW fishing expert and can drop more fishing knowledge than anyone else on this board combined.  He's basically a professional.

None of this is true, but if it were, it would be in large part due to Paul Sodamann and his 1-credit-hour Fly Fishing class through the UFM. Any other elite alumni on here?

Spotted bass: yes. Trout: no ... except for the rainbows they dump in the seep stream below Tuttle for a couple weeks every spring.

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2011, 06:10:53 PM »

Spotted bass: yes. Trout: no ... except for the rainbows they dump in the seep stream below Tuttle for a couple weeks every spring.

rough ridin' TOLD YOU GYZ!
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2011, 08:28:16 PM »
stumped by the GW v. KW question though. 

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2011, 08:40:25 PM »
i had sodamann for middle school biology.  kings play chess on friday golf saturday.  that's all i can remember.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2011, 12:53:03 AM »
My grandfather caught a 700+ pound marlin like 15 years ago. Obviously not by himself, just saying.

Will look for pics tomorrow, but until then I have an article.

http://business.highbeam.com/436561/article-1G1-57160037/east-cape-escape

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2011, 07:56:32 AM »
best freshwater fish to eat: (in order)

walleye
perch
sauger
crappie
trout
catfish

stay away from

bass (of any type, even rock)
pike (they taste and smell like the slime that covers them)
sunfish

i'd say something about muskie but most of you fishing noobs have probably never even heard of them let alone landed one.   :lol:

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2011, 08:04:54 AM »
You know what I don't catch and release? Turtles because they are mighty tasty in a stew
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2011, 08:14:52 AM »
it's weird that freshwater bass is terrible to eat because saltwater bass is fantastic

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2011, 08:31:31 AM »

walleye
perch
sauger
crappie
trout
catfish

stay away from

sunfish

i'd say something about muskie but most of you fishing noobs have probably never even heard of them let alone landed one.   :lol:

Heard of them, but never fished in a lake with them.  Would love to try sometime though.  Canadian walleye/pike/muskie trip is on the bucket list.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2011, 09:23:57 AM »
bunch of rednecks, all of you.

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2011, 09:27:17 AM »
douche

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2011, 09:51:42 AM »

walleye
perch
sauger
crappie
trout
catfish

stay away from

sunfish

Ummmm ... blue gill? Seriously? To each their own, I guess ...

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2011, 09:54:10 AM »
stumped by the GW v. KW question though. 

Since half of the equation is a mammal, it's really outside my comfort zone. Sorry. And I think this was already addressed in the TV thread.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2011, 10:07:41 AM »
I started fishing again for the first time in 8 years or so this spring.  I'm not very good but become more addicted all the time.  Expert goEMAW fishermen give advice.

You sound like the kind of guy who would enjoy visiting my trout cabin outside of Jackson Hole.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2011, 01:09:15 PM »

walleye
perch
sauger
crappie
trout
catfish

stay away from

sunfish

glad you didn't say anything about muskie.  since you already said something about muskie when you mentioned pike.  a muskellunge is a type of pike.  you are a complete fishing dumbass.  go learn your fish, noob.

having spent many a fishing trip in the St. Lawrence seaway as a youth, i mock fishing dumbasses like you who come in here and try to push other fishing dumbasses around. 

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2011, 12:58:28 AM »
it's weird that freshwater bass is terrible to eat because saltwater bass is fantastic

I could be wrong but I don't think they are a related species.

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2011, 01:09:19 AM »
Just got back from the lake.  Spent about 2 hours (7pm to 9 pm), wading a shoreline that isn't really accessible from the bank, throwing a white beetle spin.  Didn't catch jack, not even a bite.  I was about to pack it up but then decided to try out some stink-bait I made from chicken livers, salt, flour, garlic, and water.  I let it sit out for a few days and get all rotten and maggot filled.  It stank well but was too runny and didn't stay on either regular treble-hook or sponge treble-hook.  So I used the last of my regular chicken liver, and caught a nice (channel, I think) catfish.  It put up a pretty decent fight for it's size (3-4 lbs). pretty fun and much better than getting skunked.  I didn't have any pliers so it took forever to get the hook out and I felt sorry for the fish so I went home.

I caught the cat at an area where the creek feeds into the lake and near where two fishing points meet. There is some drowned trees in the area as well.  Is this a generally good area for catfish at night?  Or did I just get lucky?

« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 01:12:03 AM by nicname »

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2011, 07:07:45 AM »

walleye
perch
sauger
crappie
trout
catfish

stay away from

sunfish

i'd say something about muskie but most of you fishing noobs have probably never even heard of them let alone landed one.   :lol:

glad you didn't say anything about muskie.  since you already said something about muskie when you mentioned pike.  a muskellunge is a type of pike.  you are a complete fishing dumbass.  go learn your fish, noob.

having spent many a fishing trip in the St. Lawrence seaway as a youth, i mock fishing dumbasses like you who come in here and try to push other fishing dumbasses around.  

:surprised:

same family but different species...like perch, walleye and sauger.  which are, by the way, still the tastiest freshwater lake fish.

best lures for northerns, clams? 
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 07:13:56 AM by treysolid »

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2011, 07:27:50 AM »
Used to fish a lot as a kid. Mostly channel cat. Once went flyfishing in Patagonia. Was pretty awesome.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2011, 08:29:49 AM »
Really like to fish. This time of year can be tough from shore, but you should be able to find spots to catch channel cat, whites, and wipers. Maybe some flatheads as well. If you can find a creek with some decent holes, wading and fishing from hole to hole can be really fun when it gets really hot.