Author Topic: Libya  (Read 962 times)

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Libya
« on: June 18, 2011, 04:28:33 PM »
this is bad.  Probably impeachable, but considering the war crimes rubber stamped during the last administration by Congress there are too many bloody hands.  What a joke of a republic we have.  This is Boehner's moment to be an adult.  I hope he follows through, and if Huntsman makes a convincing case that he is the only adult with regards to ending our--- how many wars now?---then he will have my vote.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/18/world/africa/18powers.html?_r=2&partner=rss&emc=rss

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Libya
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2011, 05:41:06 PM »
I'd say more of anything it gives the opportunity to clear up the war powers act constitutionality once and for all.

But couldn't lay off the blamebushisms for even one post.   :facepalm:

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2011, 06:23:39 PM »
I'd say more of anything it gives the opportunity to clear up the war powers act constitutionality once and for all.

If you have any faith in this Supreme Court limiting the power of the executive branch you are crazy.

And everything has context.  Bush provided some awful context, but Obama gets no credit for failing to rise to the occasion.

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2011, 09:04:13 PM »
Not surprising. War is money. That's why we've been at war with someone for the last 60 years.

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2011, 05:30:06 PM »

If you have any faith in this Supreme Court limiting the power of the executive branch you are crazy.

And everything has context.  Bush provided some awful context, but Obama gets no credit for failing to rise to the occasion.

I don't, not at all.  But the exec and legislative going back and forth like a couple of elementary school students is stupid.  Typical, but stupid.