Author Topic: Office Lunch Thieves  (Read 8112 times)

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
Office Lunch Thieves
« on: May 26, 2011, 08:55:31 AM »
I love these people. I wonder if they are afraid of getting caught, or just don't give a eff? Either way it takes some balls. It's only happened to me once and it was glorious. The best was when my boss had clients in for an afternoon meeting - she got a giant cookie/treat platter for the guests and kept it in one of the fridges. Someone had taken it out of the fridge and placed the platter on one of the tables (free game). That crap was destroyed by the time the meeting rolled around. It was pretty neat.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: Office Lunch Thieves
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2011, 08:57:37 AM »
My old job used to have a full fledged training classroom type area.  They would cater every training session.  food would be delivered 15-30 min early and was usually pretty high end.

Was never enough left for those in training by the time the training broke for lunch.

Got free bbq, lydias, etc like once a week.

:tongue:

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2011, 09:01:39 AM »
Sometimes I use the BBQ sauce or hot sauce people leave in the fridge in the break room.  Is that wrong? 

We have mini-fridges all over the office. Many stocked with beer. (we can drink at our desk after 4:30 every day) I saw a mini-keg of new castle in the fridge behind me. I don't know whose it is but I want it.  Maybe I should find it tonight when I leave.
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2011, 09:21:58 AM »
come at me bro

Online WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2011, 09:50:27 AM »
we have a notorious bag and tag'r in our building. Always loads up plates of the food leftovers after meetings and claims it. I want to steal that crap everyday. Really pisses me off when she leaves it in the fridge and forgets about it. :flush:
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2011, 10:00:25 AM »
we have a notorious bag and tag'r in our building. Always loads up plates of the food leftovers after meetings and claims it. I want to steal that crap everyday. Really pisses me off when she leaves it in the fridge and forgets about it. :flush:

Let me get this straight - this chick in your office bags leftovers from meetings and puts them in the fridge with her name on it for later? Holy crap she should be fired on the spot. You and your coworkers should not stand for such lunacy.
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2011, 10:07:01 AM »

Let me get this straight - this chick in your office bags leftovers from meetings and puts them in the fridge with her name on it for later? Holy crap she should be fired on the spot. You and your coworkers should not stand for such lunacy.

Or you could just take the food she bagged, then eat it right in front of her.  If she says something about it, tell her that you'll reimburse her whatever she paid for it.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2011, 10:08:27 AM »
lol at poor people who get off on free food

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2011, 10:11:41 AM »
There's no such thing as a free lunch . . . unless you swipe it from your coworker's min-fridge.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2011, 10:25:51 AM »

My former secretary was just like this.  Literally hovered around any meeting so she could load up a dinner plate with Jackstack the second it adjourned.  She would take 2-3 plates. 

In our cafeteria we had vending machines that are free.  So soda, gatorade, vitamin water there for the taking.  The day she gave 2 weeks, we told her no, just go ahead and leave now, she packed up her belongings and one of our HR ladies caught her trying to load a banker's box with free pop on the way out the door.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2011, 10:28:30 AM »

My former secretary was just like this.  Literally hovered around any meeting so she could load up a dinner plate with Jackstack the second it adjourned.  She would take 2-3 plates. 

In our cafeteria we had vending machines that are free.  So soda, gatorade, vitamin water there for the taking.  The day she gave 2 weeks, we told her no, just go ahead and leave now, she packed up her belongings and one of our HR ladies caught her trying to load a banker's box with free pop on the way out the door.

I would like to meet this crazy lady and shake her hand for having the balls to attempt that  :lol:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2011, 10:33:30 AM »

I would like to meet this crazy lady and shake her hand for having the balls to attempt that  :lol:

You would enjoy her.  She was also what you call a "horse lady"

55 single and obsessed with horses.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2011, 10:47:38 AM »
Horse people are quite possibly the most odd people in the world.  Without exaggeration. 

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2011, 10:50:39 AM »
Horse people are quite possibly the most odd people in the world.  Without exaggeration. 

yeah, it's currently a completely useless animal outside of the meat trade.  if it went extinct only weirdos would complain. 

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2011, 10:51:24 AM »

yeah, it's currently a completely useless animal outside of the meat trade.  if it went extinct only weirdos would complain. 

What about dark horses? :runaway:

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2011, 10:51:57 AM »

What about polo players?

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2011, 10:52:07 AM »

What about dark horses? :runaway:

those don't even really exist.  like unicorns.  

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2011, 10:52:31 AM »

What about polo players?

breed meat goats of enormous size

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2011, 11:05:35 AM »

What about polo players?

yes.  The addition of horned animals may actually make people want to watch polo.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2011, 11:27:29 AM »
Laughed outloud like 7 times while reading this thread.

Needed that, boys.  Thx.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2011, 11:29:57 AM »

What about polo players?

That sounds like a good idea, but eventually, meat goats would be loved by weirdos as much as horses are and people would look down on us for enjoying our tasty meat goat meat.

Online WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2011, 11:33:25 AM »
horses are responsible for crap ton of money transfers in the world. Without them, people would be stuck following j_rake on twitter hoping for a big scoop before the Heat/Bulls game to get their fix.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2011, 11:51:15 AM »

What about EMAWgeddon?

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2011, 11:54:07 AM »

What about EMAWgeddon?

yeah, good point. the carnival trade would also complain

Offline EMAWgeddon

• Combo-Fan
  • Go away, I'm walking on sunshine
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2011, 04:20:05 PM »
EPAW shares a barn with a meat goat who was a grand champion at the Marshall County fair!