Author Topic: meat goat facility  (Read 37974 times)

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: meat goat facility
« Reply #150 on: May 25, 2011, 01:58:28 AM »
Interesting bit about meat goat mowers-  Goats don't graze, they browse.  Whereas a cow will eat the grass down to the ground, goats only eat the top portion of the grass, so they will keep your yard short but not devour it entirely.  rough ridin' meat goats are incredible doods.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 25, 2011, 09:07:59 AM »
You gotta hand it to the goats jt, they understand the idea of self preservation and reknewable resources.    Whereas the dumb old cow just eats right down to the mud. 

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 25, 2011, 09:48:24 AM »
my god, can we just put that thing in the middle of the quad?

It sure doesn't look like the meat goat facilities I grew up with.  Now it's all about the almighty dollar.  Simpler times I guess.

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 25, 2011, 10:11:08 AM »
The Meat Goat is a false idol.

All I know about it is that A-rabs love them some goat meat, and they have all the money the Chinese haven't taken. If this were 1966 and they were filming "The Graduate," the guy would have told the Dustin Hoffman character "goat meat" instead of "plastics."

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 25, 2011, 11:59:28 AM »
The western world really underrates goat as a meat, IMO.  Mmm.  May sound weird if you haven't tried it, but it's good stuff.

Goats = most widely consumed mammal meat in the world.  True fact.  We should move the facility CLOSER to BSFS.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #155 on: May 25, 2011, 02:48:31 PM »
I think our aggressive move into the meat goat market can really be summed up in two words: game changer.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 27, 2011, 02:07:54 AM »
 :goodbyecruelworld:

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 27, 2011, 09:02:21 AM »

It sure doesn't look like the meat goat facilities I grew up with.  Now it's all about the almighty dollar.  Simpler times I guess.

Like Blue Bell ice cream.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 27, 2011, 12:23:53 PM »
True story about meat goats:

My Dad was an insructor at the CGSC up at Fort Leavenworth (Petreaus was one of his elite students).  There was a Saudi Arabian officer in one of his classes.  Two times my Dad got called by the police because this guy slaughtered a goat in his driveway and was using a hose to wash the blood into the street.  He had to show up and explain Middle Eastern culture to the hayseed cops and smooth things over.  Anyway, this Saudi was uber rich.  Probably from his dealings in meat goats.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 27, 2011, 12:38:51 PM »

My Dad was an insructor at the CGSC up at Fort Leavenworth (Petreaus was one of his elite students).  There was a Saudi Arabian officer in one of his classes.  Two times my Dad got called by the police because this guy slaughtered a goat in his driveway and was using a hose to wash the blood into the street.  He had to show up and explain Middle Eastern culture to the hayseed cops and smooth things over.  Anyway, this Saudi was uber rich.  Probably from his dealings in meat goats.

I'm going to do this in Rick Daris' driveway before the first football game....like a saudi arabian boss

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 27, 2011, 01:05:53 PM »
9 more K-State alumni from Saudi  Arabia and Kuwait after spring graduation.

Talk about a potential conduit to meat goat markets and investors.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 27, 2011, 01:10:01 PM »
Imagine the diplomatic implications!  We should start some sort of student exchange with universities in rich Arab countries.  We teach them the finer points of meat goat production and they give us oil.  (Or build us a giant golden meat goat palace.)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 27, 2011, 01:12:29 PM »
Imagine the diplomatic implications!  We should start some sort of student exchange with universities in rich Arab countries.  We teach them the finer points of meat goat production and they give us oil.  (Or build us a giant golden meat goat palace.)

LHC Bill Snyder Family Stadium and Golden Meat Goat Palace Pressbox/Stadium Club and Suites.   

Oh yeah . . .  :pbj:

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 27, 2011, 07:39:40 PM »

are we getting dedicated meat goat sewers with this thing?  imagine what we could do with a giant detention pond of the stuff.  :drink: <--- but d sams with meat goat blood at halftime

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 27, 2011, 09:37:24 PM »

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: May 27, 2011, 09:39:48 PM »

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 27, 2011, 09:56:45 PM »

I'm going to do this in Rick Daris' driveway before the first football game....like a saudi arabian boss

The hell

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 27, 2011, 10:01:15 PM »

The hell

do you not even have a hose?

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 28, 2011, 04:05:43 PM »

Yeah, it sure does make you think about back when we were all just in it for the love of meat goat. Now with the millions and billions of dollars involved it's turned into an all-out arms race. Just makes you wonder where does it end?

Offline Boakai

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 26, 2011, 08:59:03 PM »
Front page of CNN. Looks like the new facilities couldn't have come at a better time. Best of luck to Jessica Wilson: Elite NYC meat goat restauranteer.

http://eatocracy.cnn.com/2011/07/26/55-five-reasons-to-consider-the-goat/?hpt=hp_c2

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 10:14:49 AM by MadCat »

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 28, 2011, 11:30:19 AM »
Front page of CNN. Looks like the new facilities couldn't have come at a better time. Best of luck to Jessica Wilson: Elite NYC meat goat restauranteer.

http://eatocracy.cnn.com/2011/07/26/55-five-reasons-to-consider-the-goat/?hpt=hp_c2

If they’re not out there running around and constantly grazing, if it’s brought up in a way that’s not right, that body of meat is going to be tougher. It's got to be relaxed and able to do its own natural processes."

You know our goats are going to be chilling all over the KSUMGF, doing their own natural processes.

I am thinking of changing the MOAP to a meatgoat pak.

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 28, 2011, 01:09:15 PM »
I hear ya! Unlike crazy GOP, Goats are very understanding and loving. Have you ever seen a picture of Jesus Christ with a goat behind his back? It’s all over every Catholic Church on the planet. That tells a lot about the cute personality of goats and their holy bond with the Son of Living God. Have you seen Dick Cheney petting a goat in your life? Narh!

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 28, 2011, 01:37:54 PM »
There is a goat that lives in the woods near my house. He watches me in the morning but runs when I chase him. I will catch him with a rope or a trap and eat him some day. Maybe he got off a truck?

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 28, 2011, 01:40:46 PM »
There is a goat that lives in the woods near my house. He watches me in the morning but runs when I chase him. I will catch him with a rope or a trap and eat him some day. Maybe he got off a truck?

That sounds like fun, but I'll put my meat goats up against your wild meat goat in a taste test any day of the week.