Poll

Now that we're approaching Top 5, how will it end?

Lose next 3, get 5th seed in Big 12 tourney, lose 1st round NCAAs.
2 (4.8%)
Win out reg. season, get in position for #1 seed, lost 1st game in Phillips 66.
3 (7.1%)
Get #2 seed, #1 seed in bracket loses to 8 seed, we proceed to lose to 10 seed.
14 (33.3%)
We make EE, play Kentucky to 7 points, feel good about next year, then lose significant coaches and/or players.
17 (40.5%)
Week of NCAA tourney, SI writes cover story expose on solid gold bricks given to Walker and Beasley to come to KSU.
6 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Author Topic: How are we going to crash and burn?  (Read 2055 times)

Offline slimz

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
How are we going to crash and burn?
« on: February 22, 2010, 06:26:42 PM »
Mich.cat's "1998" thread got me thinking about the first rule of K-State fandom again:  "For every seemingly significant positive achievement, there will swiftly follow an equal or greater negative."

With that in mind, how do you think it's going to go down this time?

:ksu:

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
Re: How are we going to crash and burn?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 06:27:42 PM »
OK_Cat is completely on board with the "we lose frank & staff after this season" train.

Offline RonLongshaft

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 06:38:55 PM »
OK_Cat is completely on board with the "we lose frank & staff after this season" train.

BINGO

catzacker

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2010, 06:52:40 PM »

yeah, all the options should end with that just to make it an even poll.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2010, 07:14:07 PM »
sign frank and staff to long term deal with very expensive buyout/early termination penalty. we then realize after going 3-13 next season and 6-10 the year after that, that frank and staff suck.  but we're stuck with him  b/c his contract.  we dug our own grave, just seems right.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2010, 07:21:21 PM »
sign frank and staff to long term deal with very expensive buyout/early termination penalty. we then realize after going 3-13 next season and 6-10 the year after that, that frank and staff suck.  but we're stuck with him  b/c his contract.  we dug our own grave, just seems right.

ooooooh

Offline PoetWarrior

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2010, 07:22:59 PM »
Even if you realize who K-State is (most don't), you don't have to constantly recall who we've been and refuse to believe there might be hope.

Offline canadian_breeze

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2010, 07:29:41 PM »
Even if you realize who K-State is (most don't), you don't have to constantly recall who we've been and refuse to believe there might be hope.
a part of me wants to believe this..... I've just been hurt too many times before

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2010, 07:33:16 PM »

This is pretty good.  I think what makes it worse is the fact that Wally tears an ACL and Kelly misses half the season because he rapes a white guy.  All I'm saying is that these are the reasons we point at sucking when in fact it really isn't.  It just prolongs our agony for the  5-11 year after the 6-10 & 3-13 season.
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2010, 08:07:20 PM »
All this gloom and I have this feeling that the team is going to do something really, really special this year.
Special to me at minimum means Final Four.

Offline CatsFan_58

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2010, 11:48:41 PM »
a part of me wants to believe this..... I've just been hurt too many times before
this

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2010, 11:59:51 PM »
KITN's are for loser pussies. :bball:
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.