Author Topic: I heard some sort of voice today.  (Read 2057 times)

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
I heard some sort of voice today.
« on: May 10, 2011, 10:01:01 PM »
I was at my desk this afternoon.  I face the wall when sitting at my desk.  A co-worker came by and stopped to talk to me about the NBA playoffs.  I turned my chair around to the left about 90 degrees and had my head turned the rest of the way talking to him. He was saying something about Okahoma City and out of nowhere I heard a male voice in my right ear.  I couldn't understand what it said.  It sounds like no more than 4 or 5 words and maybe lasted 2 seconds. The thing that was really strange was not only did I hear it but I felt it.  It felt almost electric and it sent a shiver through me and my adrenaline went up a bit.  I felt it around my ear too. Almost like a really tiny shockwave had hit my ear and the right side of my head.  My ear felt tingly for about 20 seconds after.  I looked at my co-worker and tried to see if he noticed or heard anything but he never acted like he did and I never asked if he heard it.  For some reason I feel like it's going to happen again. I hope it does.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
Re: I heard some sort of voice today.
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 10:03:38 PM »
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Online Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 10:06:03 PM »
We've talked a bit about ghostly origins before, specifically how infrasound can cause hallucinations and feelings of dread. That doesn't necessarily cover all ghost experiences, but some Swiss researchers think they've found something that might account for the rest: During a routine study on a 22-year-old epileptic patient, scientists found that a small electric shock to the left temporo-parietal junction, the part of the brain responsible for self/other distinction, caused the patient to see someone else in the room with her. When the shock stopped, the person disappeared.

As they attempted further experiments, the patient complained of feeling the other person behind her even while she was lying down. When the researchers attempted to have her read from a card, she reported that "the shadow tried to interfere, saying, 'he wants to take the card' and 'he doesn't want me to read.'"

The scientists now suspect that some sort of overstimulation of the left temporo-parietal junction could account for several forms of schizophrenia as well as a litany of paranormal experiences like ghosts, shadow people, out-of-body-experiences, doppelgangers, guardian angels and a thing called the Third Man Phenomenon, which is when people in extremely stressful situations report seeing another person following them around.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2011, 10:30:25 PM »
sounds racist /thread

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2011, 10:44:31 PM »
I smell an intervention in your near future
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2011, 07:47:42 AM »
therapy, drugs, etc.

If you hadn't said the "feel it" part, I would have said that it was a coincidence / freak occurrence of acoustics.  Like when you stand on one side of a dome and can hear someone whispering on the other side of the dome clear as day.  There are several documented occurrences of crazy acoustics.  Sound bounces and reflects.  If enough variables coincidentally aligned that morning, you could have simply been hearing a conversation a cube or two down. 

However, you said you felt it.  That makes you crazy.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2011, 08:29:20 AM »
sounds to me like you need to start rough ridin' around again.

Offline highway61

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2011, 08:53:27 AM »
probably just satan.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2011, 08:56:25 AM »
Dude, did you hear that?!

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2011, 11:46:00 AM »
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2011, 12:47:25 PM »
wtf

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2011, 11:53:11 PM »
I have also had this happen.  For the love of god, do what it says.   DO WHAT IT SAYS!!! :shakesfist:
Good is better than Evil because it's nicer.

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2011, 11:54:07 PM »
seriously though.  that's never happened to me.   You're really mumped up.

YOU'RE REALLY mumped UP!   :shakesfist:
Good is better than Evil because it's nicer.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2011, 06:09:06 AM »
Demon

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2011, 07:11:55 AM »
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread