Author Topic: Lucid dreaming  (Read 4805 times)

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
Lucid dreaming
« on: May 03, 2011, 08:33:02 PM »
By my understanding this is when you "Wake up" in a dream....meaning you know you're dreaming in your dream.

Then, you can take control of the dream and go on adventures and stuff. It's supposed to be pretty sweet.

Anyone do this or know how? I'd like to do this every night so i can fly around in space and crap.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: Lucid dreaming
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 08:33:52 PM »
I call bullshit.

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 08:37:22 PM »

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2011, 08:37:28 PM »
Go buy a shitload of melatonin.  Play the video game of your choosing for 6 hours straight.  Don't take any breaks play until you can barely keep your eyes open. .  Slam about 60mg of melatonin and hit the sack.  

(I'm not responsible for anything that happens to anyone who actually tries this)
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2011, 08:38:43 PM »
Go buy a shitload of melatonin.  Play the video game of your choosing for 6 hours straight.  Don't take any breaks play until you can barely keep your eyes open. .  Slam about 60mg of melatonin and hit the sack.  

(I'm not responsible for anything that happens to anyone who actually tries this)

I do take melatonin and have read that taking a ton of it can help you have a lucid dream. But, I take a low dose.

And melatonin  :love:

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2011, 08:41:40 PM »
By my understanding this is when you "Wake up" in a dream....meaning you know you're dreaming in your dream.

Then, you can take control of the dream and go on adventures and stuff. It's supposed to be pretty sweet.

Anyone do this or know how? I'd like to do this every night so i can fly around in space and crap.

I used to be able to do it consistently, but it was off and on. In the same dream, I would be conscious that I was dreaming, then forget that I was dreaming, then remember again further into the dream.

Wouldn't last very long before I would wake up.

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2011, 08:50:11 PM »
You guys should really get a top to spin or something... just in case.
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2011, 08:50:58 PM »
I don't even dream.

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2011, 08:53:34 PM »
You guys should really get a top to spin or something... just in case.

haha nice

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2011, 09:10:26 PM »
Pike, google or youtube "astral projection," "OBE - out of body experience," etc. 

also they say that the sleep paralysis I was talking about was a gateway into these things but I've never really tried to turn one into the other.  There was a story of a woman in France who taught herself to lucid dream and OBE.  Story goes that she became so good at it and loved it so much that she eventually slept like 18-20 hours a day and became a huge fatass only waking up to eat and crap. 
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2011, 10:08:30 PM »
Just watched a little of that on youtube. Pretty cool stuff. I'll read more about it tomorrow as I am tired as balls now.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2011, 10:15:38 PM »

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2011, 12:31:26 AM »
You wanna have some sweet ass dreams?  Take a bunch of sleeping pills and then stay awake as long as possible.  (Like NOES style.)  Also, I am not liable for any stupid crap you do while in your zombie like state before you do passout.  And you will actually pass the eff out so try not to fall and hit your head. 

Offline Diamond Dave

• Fan
  • Rock the EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2011, 01:07:41 AM »
LOVE this.

I get this every now and then without any drugs.

You can run around and do whatever you want, knowing there won't be any consequences.

If there's a crazy situation going on with other people in my dream, I'll tell them not to worry. It's just a dream and it isn't real. Usually they don't believe me, but on occasion they'll breathe a sign of relief and realize everything's a dream too. Sometimes it takes something superhuman for me to realize I'm dreaming. For instance, if I'm drowning and I'm about to "die" and take a breath while underwater, I realize it's a dream when I don't "die". Then I can swim around, breathing underwater, doing crazy crap. I could go on and on about this. Truly elite.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2011, 06:10:27 AM »
Have had them almost always during a nightmare and not long lasting

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2011, 07:18:54 AM »
I've had one. It didn't last too long. At least it ended before the money shot.   :frown:
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline highway61

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2011, 07:22:07 AM »
I used to have these when I was in high school.  I would realize I must be dreaming because the situation was too strange.  After I realized I was dreaming, I would normally try to fly.  Flying required a lot of concentration and I had limited success at it.  I usually couldnt stay asleep too long before I would wake up.  I haven't had a lucid dream in years, I don't know why I can't do it anymore.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2011, 07:22:48 AM »
does this have anything to do with wet dreams?

if not, i have nothing to contribute to this thread.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2011, 07:33:08 AM »
does this have anything to do with wet dreams?

if not, i have nothing to contribute to this thread.

A Lucid Dream can turn into a wet dream if you want it to, I guess.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2011, 07:37:53 AM »
Used to do this as a kid. Most times i realized boogie man couldn't kill me and I would wake up right after. Haven't done it since. It seems to be opposite as I get older and not only can I not realize I am dreaming, but I am missing out on a lot of dream poon, because I have a weird set of "dream morals" and won't cheat on Mrs SF. It is bullshit.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2011, 08:07:17 AM »
I have these about 2-3 times per week. It's always hard to get myself out of bed when it happens because it's so awesome.

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2011, 09:12:37 AM »

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2011, 11:23:21 AM »
I used to get this all the time in college; as I'm a sleep paralysis sufferer.  They're not really the same, but somewhat related.  It still happens to me on occasion when I'm really stressed or just physically exhausted from lack of sleep.   What I was trying to do when I was suffering from it really bad was control moving my hand enough to turn on a light switch.  Whatever visions I was seeing in my dreams would blend into the scenery of my room when I opened my eyes and turning on a light would wake me up faster and usually cause audible hallucinations, like an electric humming sound.  Opening your eyes while you're dreaming is actually kind of painful, like looking at the sun.  Sleep paralysis is really frustrating and can make 3 seconds seem like 3 minutes - especially when you have absolutely no control over voluntary physical movement; and I can guarantee you that whoever wrote inception was a sufferer of sleep paralysis.   But it's really nothing like the movie - Sleep paralysis is way more chaotic, not fun, & very frustrating when you're exhausted and just want sleep.

Lucid dreaming on the other hand always felt like the complete opposite of sleep paralysis - Time flew by really fast and I was rarely ever able to control what was happening in my dream.  It takes A LOT of concentration to control your dreams because it's all kind of in short term memory and even after you've convinced yourself that you're dreaming, you forget a couple seconds later.  The only thing I could convince myself while dreaming where things that I could do - such as flying, which I do a lot.   It was just another form of transportation and really feels natural.  But crazy crap out of my control always happens while I am dreaming - usually tornado's.  It's usually a situation where I'm doing something outside and a tornado comes out of no-where and which is where I try to remind myself I'm dreaming.
Good is better than Evil because it's nicer.

Offline slimz

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2011, 11:41:47 AM »
Love it when I realize I'm dreaming in my dream. I don't usually have that much actual control, but I also don't freak out about anything that happens, because I know it doesn't matter.

Sometimes I will get really pissed off in a dream and start yelling and cussing at someone...and I wake myself up. I'm pretty sure my yelling in the dream carries over to actual yelling and either the physical act or the noise itself wakes me up.

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2011, 03:02:08 PM »
Have screamed bloody murder a solid 5 minutes before while completely asleep.   Freaks Mrs HBallz out really bad when it happens and she doesn't understand why when I wake up I don't even know it's happening or remember any dream I was having.
Good is better than Evil because it's nicer.