Author Topic: have these new mhk eateries been discussed yet?  (Read 508967 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: have these new mhk eateries been discussed yet?
« Reply #450 on: October 16, 2013, 10:41:32 AM »
not surprising that stud Ward Morgan gets all the stud places to flock to his new stud downtown area of studs.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: October 16, 2013, 10:51:21 AM »
i seriously almost want to move down there now. big trees. big houses. walk to restaurants. what a life!

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: October 16, 2013, 10:57:29 AM »
i seriously almost want to move down there now. big trees. big houses. walk to restaurants. what a life!
this..
hey kids want to see where your old man was a playground kickball legend! Boom theres woodrow wilson  :gocho:

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: October 16, 2013, 10:57:36 AM »
"We'll probably meet for cocktails at Bourbon & Baker then get a cab to McCain for the show. Wear a tie."

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: October 16, 2013, 10:59:19 AM »
this..
hey kids want to see where your old man was a playground kickball legend! Boom theres woodrow wilson  :gocho:

and here's where dev's dougout used to be. you know the old pressbox was named after him, right!

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: October 16, 2013, 11:05:30 AM »
Whoever said you shouldn’t break all the rules in the Little Apple?!

:horrorsurprise:

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: October 16, 2013, 11:06:53 AM »
this..

and here's where dev's dougout used to be. you know the old pressbox was named after him, right!
lets go slam some square pizza and a small carton of chocolate milk

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: October 16, 2013, 11:09:34 AM »
i honest to goodness do get nostalgic when i'm out and about anywhere between bluemont/poyntz and city park/3rd street boundaries. real wonder years/goosebumps/teary eye kind of stuff.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: October 16, 2013, 11:11:14 AM »
Are RD and YLA afraid to leave manhattan?

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: October 16, 2013, 11:12:20 AM »
no. but $100 says you move back to KC when you graduate.. are you afraid to leave KC?

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: October 16, 2013, 11:15:32 AM »
i honest to goodness do get nostalgic when i'm out and about anywhere between bluemont/poyntz and city park/3rd street boundaries. real wonder years/goosebumps/teary eye kind of stuff.
I really want to go back in to the school and see if the staircase is still as ginormous as it once felt and check it all out

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: October 16, 2013, 11:25:48 AM »
Guys I was back in MHK for 8 days earlier this month and it's all just so glorious. TR is looking so boss these days, but the memories still remain and so does the bank of 4-square courts where I used to dominate.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: October 16, 2013, 11:41:23 AM »

i lived in wichita for a year, colorado for a year and lawrence for seven. i'm good. nothing would make me happier than to see a vibrant downtown mhk though. i mean what a sight to see that would be. hustle and bustle and that kind of stuff. i mean, wow.  :love:

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: October 16, 2013, 11:50:49 AM »
no. but $100 says you move back to KC when you graduate.. are you afraid to leave KC?

not KC, johnson county, brah.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline Lefty

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: October 16, 2013, 12:00:57 PM »

recently moved into your quadrant. holy smokes it's fantastic. what an 'urban' feel. grew up on the westside near candlewood. completely different.
elitist since 1994

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: October 16, 2013, 12:12:35 PM »

recently moved into your quadrant. holy smokes it's fantastic. what an 'urban' feel. grew up on the westside near candlewood. completely different.

we actually flipflopped then. i'm a west sider now. urban sprawl city usa, all trees under thirty feet, very sterile. i think i made a mistake.  :frown:

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: October 16, 2013, 12:14:08 PM »

we actually flipflopped then. i'm a west sider now. urban sprawl city usa, all trees under thirty feet, very sterile. i think i made a mistake.  :frown:

sounds like someone needs to rent their west side digs and move into the gE Crack Den :love:

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: October 16, 2013, 12:31:50 PM »

i lived in wichita for a year, colorado for a year and lawrence for seven. i'm good. nothing would make me happier than to see a vibrant downtown mhk though. i mean what a sight to see that would be. hustle and bustle and that kind of stuff. i mean, wow.  :love:

:love:

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: October 16, 2013, 12:33:22 PM »

I live in this boundary and can't imagine living anywhere else in town.  Really great.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: October 16, 2013, 12:39:40 PM »

I live in this boundary and can't imagine living anywhere else in town.  Really great.

if you would've lived there when i was growing up, then you would've made your monthly check out to "rick daris and his friends" because we owned that whole area. owned it.

also you know what i had last week that wasn't bad? the chicken fried steak sandwich at willies. not bad. also, wabash has a good bloody mary. also has anybody ever eaten at bobby t's. their menu now rivals that of the cheesecake factory. like nine pages. really weird.

Offline hatingfrancisco

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Tweet Tweet
« Reply #470 on: October 16, 2013, 03:28:16 PM »
also has anybody ever eaten at bobby t's. their menu now rivals that of the cheesecake factory. like nine pages. really weird.

Yes, with regularity.  but not because of the quality of the food but because of the stumbling distance to my home. 

Wings aren't bad tho.
And really good fried pickles.

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: October 16, 2013, 03:30:37 PM »
Can't decide where to eat tonight, Wahoo or Keltic Star probably.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: October 16, 2013, 03:40:02 PM »
also you know what i had last week that wasn't bad? the chicken fried steak sandwich at willies. not bad. also, wabash has a good bloody mary. also has anybody ever eaten at bobby t's. their menu now rivals that of the cheesecake factory. like nine pages. really weird.
Is Dakota's husband still deployed?  Asking for a friend.

:fatty:

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: October 23, 2013, 06:54:30 PM »
Went to Powercat Bar & Grill when I was home for the Baylor game. Was p. dece. It didn't completely knock my socks off but it was the first week they were open so I'll give them a pass. Had a buffalo chick sand I think. Was super K-State-y. A little K-State0 at times but in a good way if there is that. I mean they have sandwiches called, like, "The THANKS COACH!" sandwich, or whatever.  Margaritas are called EMAWritas. The little room off to the side with like one or two tables is called The FAMILY Room, with FAMILY in serpentine ital. font. :D

Apparently 4 Olives is moving?
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: October 24, 2013, 10:23:48 AM »
Taco Johns coming to MHK.