Author Topic: have these new mhk eateries been discussed yet?  (Read 509671 times)

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: have these new mhk eateries been discussed yet?
« Reply #350 on: May 09, 2013, 10:10:59 AM »
Look, potato oles are okay, but it's the only saving grace of that dump.

they aren't just okay though 8man. they are the best. the best. and when a restaurant does something that is better than all of the other restaurants that do the same thing then you applaud them for it. what you don't do is ridicule them for all of the other things that they do that aren't the best.

now is it odd that a fast food mexican chain went out and made the abolute best tator tots ever? well yeah i suppose it is a little odd. should they maybe call them potato odd-les isn't of potato oles? well i don't know if they should go that far but hey aren't we all just a little odd too in our own way? i mean i know i am and i think lady gaga said it best when she said hey i was born this way.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: May 09, 2013, 10:13:09 AM »
call me when they have cool ranch Doritos locos potatos oles

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: May 09, 2013, 10:19:03 AM »
call me when they have cool ranch Doritos locos potatos oles

only if you promise to text me when you are finally able to accept the fact that a fast food mexican chain makes the best tator tots in the world. probably pretty hard for you to wrap your tiny, midwestern, bigoted mind all the way around that one though, so i'll just sit my phone over there in the corner and turn it off while it's charging because guess what? it's going to be a while.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
Re: Re: have these new mhk eateries been discussed yet?
« Reply #353 on: May 09, 2013, 12:27:40 PM »

they aren't just okay though 8man. they are the best. the best. and when a restaurant does something that is better than all of the other restaurants that do the same thing then you applaud them for it. what you don't do is ridicule them for all of the other things that they do that aren't the best.

now is it odd that a fast food mexican chain went out and made the abolute best tator tots ever? well yeah i suppose it is a little odd. should they maybe call them potato odd-les isn't of potato oles? well i don't know if they should go that far but hey aren't we all just a little odd too in our own way? i mean i know i am and i think lady gaga said it best when she said hey i was born this way.

Sorry Ricky D, I'm a Sonic tots man and these colors (red, blue, and yellow) don't run.  I like my tots with substance over style, and that's what you get at America's Drive-In.
:adios:

Offline Boom Roasted

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: May 09, 2013, 12:29:42 PM »

Sorry Ricky D, I'm a Sonic tots man and these colors (red, blue, and yellow) don't run.  I like my tots with substance over style, and that's what you get at America's Drive-In.

And Sweet Potato Tots!!!  :drool:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: May 09, 2013, 12:34:06 PM »
boy oh boy, texas star used to have the best tots in town, hands down, maybe the best around, now its gone and i frown

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: May 09, 2013, 12:41:11 PM »
boy oh boy, texas star used to have the best tots in town, hands down, maybe the best around, now its gone and i frown

Those tots were awful

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: May 09, 2013, 12:55:10 PM »

Sonic over potato oles?  Good joke 8thmanpicked, guess you like soggy lumps of under cooked crap  :lol:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: May 09, 2013, 01:03:58 PM »
We used to go to Texas Star every Easter. :frown: What is it now?
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: May 09, 2013, 01:07:42 PM »

Hibachi hut.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: May 09, 2013, 01:10:30 PM »

Hibachi hut.

That's cool. But it's just way bigger. I'm down.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: May 09, 2013, 04:58:25 PM »

Pretty sure she said "baby I was born this way". Good grief Daris, learn some culture.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: May 09, 2013, 05:55:37 PM »

8man saying Sonic tots are better than TJ's is making me think I may be wrong about La Hacienda.  I mean, I thought it was good but his pud palate can't possibly be right

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: May 09, 2013, 06:46:00 PM »

8man saying Sonic tots are better than TJ's is making me think I may be wrong about La Hacienda.  I mean, I thought it was good but his pud palate can't possibly be right

See, the thing is, rick and I are La Hacienda's #1 and 2 supporters. Quite the pickle. Also, i'm pretty partial to the tots at Freddy Ts on 151st street because it tastes like childhood, but I thought we were sticking to fast food tots.
:adios:

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
have these new mhk eateries been discussed yet?
« Reply #364 on: May 09, 2013, 07:17:17 PM »

8mp just got in too deep on this one, kinda shocking

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: May 09, 2013, 08:33:33 PM »
Oles aren't spicy at all though.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: May 09, 2013, 09:49:07 PM »
taco johns is the grossest and very iowa'y

:shakesfist:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: May 09, 2013, 09:55:22 PM »
I'm pumped just so i can hear this song over the radio every christmas.

I saw this ad and immediately drove to TJs to grub on this, was great the only other thing on the menu other than Oles that's delish.

Oles aren't spicy at all though.

Gotta have them with a cup of nacho cheese.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: May 11, 2013, 04:13:02 AM »
taco johns is the grossest and very iowa'y

:shakesfist:

Is there a fierce Nub/Iowa rivalry brewing that I'm not aware of?   I guess the feud between Ratt and Cinderella must have overshadowed it in the news.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: May 11, 2013, 08:47:48 AM »
Taco John's is great and its not just limited to the Oles.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline jmlynch1

• Katpak'r
  • stay together for the kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: May 11, 2013, 09:54:49 AM »

Pretty sure she said "baby I was born this way". Good grief Daris, learn some culture.
I think that was oscar Springsteen

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: May 11, 2013, 12:17:31 PM »
What is best delivery pizza in manhattan?

Offline jmlynch1

• Katpak'r
  • stay together for the kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: May 11, 2013, 01:13:15 PM »
Shuttle

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: May 12, 2013, 08:39:15 AM »
Just wanted to make everyone aware that the guy masquerading as a townie foodie on twitter has been exposed as a fraud.  He made some very serious accusations about RAB getting rid of their patio and he was put in his place by twitter super stud @rockabellymhk

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: May 12, 2013, 08:45:31 AM »
oh thank god