Author Topic: have these new mhk eateries been discussed yet?  (Read 510181 times)

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
Re: have these new mhk eateries been discussed yet?
« Reply #3675 on: December 16, 2016, 09:27:32 AM »
MHK gets a new restaurant, waks says everything about it sucks.... Wash, rinse, repeat.

The Big Train

« Reply #3676 on: December 16, 2016, 09:32:54 AM »
MHK gets a new restaurant, waks says everything about it sucks.... Wash, rinse, repeat.

Yeah he should get off his high horse, ya know?

Online ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3677 on: December 16, 2016, 09:36:49 AM »
Went to BM Tuesday too.  I thought the food was good.  Service was awful. 

Online yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #3678 on: December 16, 2016, 10:26:42 AM »
I hope they learn how to use a heat lamp.. Only one of the plates at our table was actually warm and the amount of salt I could taste in it  :Yuck:

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #3679 on: December 17, 2016, 02:52:32 AM »
IMAX restaurant is very elite

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

QFT!
:confused:

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3680 on: December 17, 2016, 12:12:42 PM »
read that the old theater is going to be $2 tickets now
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3681 on: January 13, 2017, 08:07:38 AM »
Well, Hibatchi Hut is back baby.

Bud, Bobby and the old menu with actual cooking is back.

Real John's spicy shrimp is on the menu (was not on the tasting menu for the cold open I went to).

The new sig cocks were OK, they have a Hurricane with Pat O'Brien's mix which is insanely sweet, but the Sazerac was pretty well made with what I was assured was absinthe (although I did not see the construction).

They have a bunch of mules on the drink menu, including Kentucky mules which others said were good.  They upgraded the selections on tap, but I don't think they had any Tallgrass which was weird.  They did have some Abita.

I had the gumbo, which was as good as it ever was, the cornbread was back to where it should be, the Jambalya was ok, the redfish was excellent, the red beans and rice was good.

I am thinking this place will get back to where it needs to be under the new ownership group.  No more service nightmares and the menu looks massively improved.  You can order peel and eat shrimp, they have the tots back on the menu, the have the Gaucho back on the menu.  The big bayou pic is in the back and it felt not quite like the old version, but like a version that will survive and be solid.

VERDICT:  THE HUT IS BACK BABY

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3682 on: January 13, 2017, 08:10:29 AM »
ovulation, no breeding.  don't give a eff if i cut my tongue eating

WHOA!

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3683 on: January 13, 2017, 08:29:29 AM »

Real John's spicy shrimp is on the menu (was not on the tasting menu for the cold open I went to).

The new sig cocks were OK, they have a Hurricane with Pat O'Brien's mix which is insanely sweet, but the Sazerac was pretty well made with what I was assured was absinthe (although I did not see the construction).

They have a bunch of mules on the drink menu, including Kentucky mules which others said were good.  They upgraded the selections on tap, but I don't think they had any Tallgrass which was weird.  They did have some Abita.

I had the gumbo, which was as good as it ever was, the cornbread was back to where it should be, the Jambalya was ok, the redfish was excellent, the red beans and rice was good.

I am thinking this place will get back to where it needs to be under the new ownership group.  No more service nightmares and the menu looks massively improved.  You can order peel and eat shrimp, they have the tots back on the menu, the have the Gaucho back on the menu.  The big bayou pic is in the back and it felt not quite like the old version, but like a version that will survive and be solid.

watneys on tap? served in these?

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3684 on: January 13, 2017, 09:58:37 AM »

:love:
if the ice storm doesn't kill us this weekend I'm going there just because of your post

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3685 on: January 13, 2017, 10:22:47 AM »

watneys on tap? served in these?

I didn't look-see, but my gut says no, but also was filled with delicious gumbo so may have been too sleepy to notice.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #3686 on: January 13, 2017, 08:04:49 PM »
ovulation, no breeding.  don't give a eff if i cut my tongue eating

WHOA!

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3687 on: January 14, 2017, 12:06:32 AM »
a Hurricane with Pat O'Brien's mix
:love: :excited: :billdance:

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3688 on: January 14, 2017, 02:16:59 AM »

:billdance:

The Big Train

« Reply #3689 on: January 20, 2017, 10:02:58 PM »

I was there right after work today and I agree.  Food was great and I liked the atmosphere(packed).  Bud was there greeting people and D Scott was even there mingling with the crowd.  The hut is back.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3690 on: January 27, 2017, 01:34:21 PM »
ate at HH this week. service was roughly 8,000 times better. food and menu were fine. good lord the service at HHDTMHK was so horrible that it didn't really take much, but it was really noticeable.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3691 on: January 27, 2017, 01:36:28 PM »
also went to the somewhat new liquid art winery place a couple of weeks ago and encountered townie. wine (red blend) was pretty decent. they also make a hard cider that was absolutely horrific. pretty nice place though.

Online yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3692 on: January 27, 2017, 01:38:18 PM »
also went to the somewhat new liquid art winery place a couple of weeks ago and encountered townie. wine (red blend) was pretty decent. they also make a hard cider that was absolutely horrific. pretty nice place though.
smells putrid doesn't it.. place is pretty awesome when its warm out though. especially with the full sized bocce ball pit  :love:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3693 on: January 27, 2017, 01:42:48 PM »
hard cider that was absolutely horrific.
smells putrid doesn't it

I just remember thinking that it tasted like somebody took cider, mixed it with 1/3 beer, 1/3 water and then left it out for a couple of days before serving it to me. very wtfy

The Big Train

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3695 on: January 28, 2017, 04:54:11 PM »
nomnomnomnomnom

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #3696 on: January 28, 2017, 05:09:38 PM »

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3697 on: January 28, 2017, 05:12:04 PM »
someone please post a pic of the menu tonight  :drool:

The Big Train

« Reply #3698 on: January 28, 2017, 05:12:34 PM »
https://twitter.com/vistadrivein/status/825451384988397569
crap just got real. Aggieville will now have three food trucks.

Vista, Varsity, and that one between Bushwackers and The hat?

The Big Train

« Reply #3699 on: January 28, 2017, 09:51:53 PM »
someone please post a pic of the menu tonight  :drool:

The truck is there right now but they aren't open yet