Author Topic: have these new mhk eateries been discussed yet?  (Read 506704 times)

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: have these new mhk eateries been discussed yet?
« Reply #1450 on: May 12, 2014, 04:23:10 PM »
I ordered a whiskey and coke at DV and they didn't have it.  I couldn't believe it.  Had to drink my backup cocktail, whiskey and pepsi.  4O rulez

true story, sat night rock-a-belly deli's diet pepsi was broke so i had to drink vodka and reg pepsi.  station and maes have never done that to me.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: May 12, 2014, 04:25:10 PM »
I ordered a whiskey and coke at DV and they didn't have it.  I couldn't believe it.  Had to drink my backup cocktail, whiskey and pepsi.  4O rulez

true story, sat night rock-a-belly deli's diet pepsi was broke so i had to drink vodka and reg pepsi.  station and maes have never done that to me.

true story alert* - tanners has coke products.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: May 12, 2014, 04:26:48 PM »

:dunno:

anyway, that explains why it tasted even worse than i expected.  regular coke is pretty gross

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: May 12, 2014, 04:29:16 PM »

Another true story, on that same night at roughly the same time RAB served my beer in one of those plastic cups that you see in cafeterias across the country even though they had plenty of glassware behind the bar.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: May 12, 2014, 04:33:39 PM »
daris is stupid and it's easy to get a rise out of him. can you guys stop talking about RAB now?

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: May 12, 2014, 04:58:24 PM »
in a college hayseed town?  rum &  coke, whiskey & coke, whiskey & water, vodka & tonic, gin & tonic, shots.

an interesting note for clams... dv does not buy ginger beer anymore. the owner makes his own ginger juice that they use in drinks that require it. almost knocked my face off when i sampled it.

well crap.  i need a reason to MHK now.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: May 12, 2014, 07:12:43 PM »
daris is stupid and it's easy to get a rise out of him.

1)that is all completely untrue.
2)i'm going to crane your rough ridin' face in for saying it the next time i see you, you little twerp.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: May 12, 2014, 07:30:18 PM »
daris is stupid and it's easy to get a rise out of him.

1)that is all completely untrue.
2)i'm going to crane your rough ridin' face in for saying it the next time i see you, you little twerp.
i tell your bully's to back off and you repay me by calling me a liar and threatening to crane my rough ridin' face in. unbelievable.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: May 12, 2014, 07:42:37 PM »

:dunno:

anyway, that explains why it tasted even worse than i expected.  regular coke is pretty gross

i was just saying that 99% of aggieville is pepsi, but tanners isn't. it didn't really fit in the conversation but gosh darn it was just such a juicy little info nugget that i had to get it out there. maybe should have just made a new thread.

The Big Train

« Reply #1460 on: May 12, 2014, 07:50:31 PM »
'Zza ranch 1 week away

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: May 12, 2014, 08:16:35 PM »

anyone tried the waffle pops and loose meat tacos that the handlebar mustache guy sells out the window at bluestem? looks pretty cool
yeah the tacos aren't very great and kinda overpriced for a late night grab and go. The waffle Lollies are pretty delish tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: May 12, 2014, 08:17:57 PM »
If DV gets rid of. $5 martini Thursday I will burn that mother to the ground

The Big Train

« Reply #1463 on: May 13, 2014, 04:45:04 PM »
@SoLongSaloon  5h
So Long Specials : Tuesday, May 13 Jalapeno Popper Burger A half pound burger on a toastedbun with cream cheese onion,grilled jalapen.

this was very good today :lick:

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: May 13, 2014, 04:46:44 PM »

anyone tried the waffle pops and loose meat tacos that the handlebar mustache guy sells out the window at bluestem? looks pretty cool
yeah the tacos aren't very great and kinda overpriced for a late night grab and go. The waffle Lollies are pretty delish tho

I asked him if he would put the taco toppings on the waffle pop instead of the sweet crap and he said yes so i will probably try that one day (long term goal)

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: May 13, 2014, 05:30:32 PM »
Had Dancing Ganesha for lunch. The lunch menu is very limited. There's basically 5 portions (chicken leg, naan, rice, Indian beans* and Indian coleslaw*, dessert) plus whatever dish you picked (lamb, fish, chicken, or veggie). I wish I could have just gotten a big portion of the lamb that I ordered instead of all the sides. Everything tasted fine though, just wanted more lamb. Also you couldn't adjust the spice level for the lunch special, so I missed out on getting to try "Indian spicy" food.

I also thought it was funny that is the only option they give you and they serve it for $9. I'm no baller on a budget, but a lunch special like that in Aggieville would usually run $6-$7.

Need to try the dinner menu so I can get a better idea of all this stuff.

* - I am not going to attempt to remember what these sides were actually called, so you are stuck with my white midwesterny descriptos.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: May 13, 2014, 05:37:20 PM »
Had Dancing Ganesha for lunch. The lunch menu is very limited. There's basically 5 portions (chicken leg, naan, rice, Indian beans* and Indian coleslaw*, dessert) plus whatever dish you picked (lamb, fish, chicken, or veggie). I wish I could have just gotten a big portion of the lamb that I ordered instead of all the sides. Everything tasted fine though, just wanted more lamb. Also you couldn't adjust the spice level for the lunch special, so I missed out on getting to try "Indian spicy" food.

I also thought it was funny that is the only option they give you and they serve it for $9. I'm no baller on a budget, but a lunch special like that in Aggieville would usually run $6-$7.

* - I am not going to attempt to remember what these sides were actually called, so you are stuck with my white midwesterny descriptos.

the menu for the one in Minneapolis (same owners) is a lot more expanded, so i'm hoping they get to that level eventually.  http://www.dancingganesharestaurant.com/

anyway, the pictures of the manhattan menu are a little fuzzy and i can't tell if it says cocktails are $1 or $7, can anyone confirm? that pomegranate martini looks good :D

Offline Christer

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: May 14, 2014, 08:35:40 AM »

the menu for the one in Minneapolis (same owners) is a lot more expanded, so i'm hoping they get to that level eventually.  http://www.dancingganesharestaurant.com/

anyway, the pictures of the manhattan menu are a little fuzzy and i can't tell if it says cocktails are $1 or $7, can anyone confirm? that pomegranate martini looks good :D
The menu will indeed be expanded in the coming months. We spoke with one of the owners and she was telling us about all of the different types of food they want to do in the future. Sounds like they will start doing more sauces than the 3 or 4 that they do now, other traditional Indian dishes, and some awesome dish that basically sounded like an Indian burrito(tasty stuffs wrapped up in some sort of giant Indian crepe). I am hoping that the menu additions come sooner rather than later. Also, the cocktails are $7

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: May 14, 2014, 11:08:26 AM »
Ate at Karnivore yesterday. Either Stevesie has stock in that place or he has never had Des Moines BBQ

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: May 14, 2014, 11:08:46 AM »
:lol:

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1470 on: May 14, 2014, 01:48:30 PM »
Sorry your tastebuds suck, waks. :frown:

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: May 14, 2014, 06:16:32 PM »
Sorry your tastebuds suck, waks. :frown:
I'm just not a fan of pulled pork cooked in a crock-pot (sorry Dlew).  :dunno:

The coleslaw was good though. :thumbsup: Don't think it was made in house though.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: May 20, 2014, 10:03:29 PM »
Where's that pizza ranch review?

The Big Train

« Reply #1473 on: May 20, 2014, 10:41:12 PM »

Yeah I figured darg yard would have had it up yesterday

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: May 20, 2014, 10:53:00 PM »

Yeah I figured darg yard would have had it up yesterday

i bet it includes "serviceable"