Author Topic: Bin laden dead??  (Read 67902 times)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: Bin laden dead??
« Reply #175 on: May 02, 2011, 10:19:25 AM »
Howe truly badass that Obama was out on the back 9 when our military was assinating a dude.  He is so cold-blooded it sends a message to the rest of the world. 

"Is that a Noodle?  I'm hitting a Noodle."
"Sir, Osama has been killed and dumped into the ocean."
"Sweet...how far to the front of that green?"

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 02, 2011, 10:19:51 AM »
Anyone who is trying to claim the moral highground about not celebrating a "humans" death or thinks that this "doesn't change anything" is a rough ridin' idiot and a tool.

The face of the most traumatic event to occur in most Americans lives was just killed and you wonder why so many people are happy? eff off back to the Soviet Union.  :shakesfist:

I totally understand why people are happy. I just can't get into it.

p.s. it honestly doesn't change anything.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 02, 2011, 10:21:19 AM »
Anyone who is trying to claim the moral highground about not celebrating a "humans" death or thinks that this "doesn't change anything" is a rough ridin' idiot and a tool.

The face of the most traumatic event to occur in most Americans lives was just killed and you wonder why so many people are happy? eff off back to the Soviet Union.  :shakesfist:

Meh. I'm glad we got him, but I'm not going to celebrate his death.

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 02, 2011, 10:23:05 AM »

The face of the most traumatic event to occur in most Americans lives was just killed and you wonder why so many people are happy? eff off back to the Soviet Union.  :shakesfist:

Seems like more of a fist pump moment than a celebrate in the streets kind of thing.
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 02, 2011, 10:26:39 AM »
It's a too little too late thing for me.

He has had more than adequate time to plan for this day so that his organization stays as strong as possible when it happens.  Now that it has happened, I can't imagine that he doesn't have someone close to seamlessly stepping into his place.

As far as revenge goes, it took a rough ridin' decade.

As far as The War on Terror goes, I don't think this changes much.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: May 02, 2011, 10:34:26 AM »

The face of the most traumatic event to occur in most Americans lives was just killed and you wonder why so many people are happy? eff off back to the Soviet Union.  :shakesfist:

Seems like more of a fist pump moment than a celebrate in the streets kind of thing.

not even worthy of a fistpump when you consider the scale of the "war on terror". This isn't a freaking fake behind the back pass for the scoring record moment. To me, anyway.

Offline Scary Smart

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 02, 2011, 10:36:48 AM »

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 02, 2011, 10:38:42 AM »

not even worthy of a fistpump when you consider the scale of the "war on terror". This isn't a freaking fake behind the back pass for the scoring record moment. To me, anyway.

It's worth a fistpump. It feels good to know that our intelligence is actually somewhat reliable.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 02, 2011, 10:43:29 AM »
hey, everyone that keeps repeating that this doesn't change much like you're proclaiming something revolutionary; no rough ridin' crap.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 02, 2011, 10:45:50 AM »
i don't care if people celebrate, but don't understand why they do.  the people singing in front of the white house, in particular, looked like a bunch of tools.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 02, 2011, 10:47:57 AM »
i don't care if people celebrate, but don't understand why they do.  the people singing in front of the white house, in particular, looked like a bunch of tools.

Yeah, it was kind of embarrassing.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 02, 2011, 11:21:45 AM »
The best part about "killing the leader of Al-Qaeda" is that we are currently helping Al-Qaeda in the uprising against Gaddafi in Libya.  :lol:

Not saying Gaddafi isn't bad, just sayin'

Which is why I say Michael Moore's next movie should be called, "Bombing for Al-Queda".

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 02, 2011, 11:23:26 AM »
i don't care if people celebrate, but don't understand why they do.  the people singing in front of the white house, in particular, looked like a bunch of tools.

Yeah, it was kind of embarrassing.

eh.

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 02, 2011, 11:24:33 AM »
Wait a minute...what if his body drifts into contact with the radiated water off Japan?

Super mutant zombie bin laden!!    :ohno: :ohno:

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 02, 2011, 11:25:57 AM »
It's awesome that we killed that guy.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 02, 2011, 11:26:40 AM »
i make fun of death and the military more than anyone on here, i think, and even i can take pause for a minute and recognize that this means a lot for a lot of people.  "closure" and stuff.  not necessarily anything to do with the "war on terror."

it doesn't change anything, and probably makes things worse....but at least people affected by 9/11 can be happy knowing that the face of that day is dead.  

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 02, 2011, 11:28:20 AM »
It's awesome that we killed that guy.

yeah.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 02, 2011, 11:28:50 AM »
I heard somewhere that the prez was watching it live. Coming to a youtube near you?  :pray: Leak it.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 02, 2011, 11:31:56 AM »

Yeah I'm with you I think.  'Grats troops.  'Grats victims of 9/11. 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 02, 2011, 11:33:03 AM »
I heard somewhere that the prez was watching it live. Coming to a youtube near you?  :pray: Leak it.

Sometimes, they let you watch the video a few days later.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: May 02, 2011, 11:39:44 AM »
people usually don't celebrate because of things like closure or vengeance.  are they just super duper patrioitic?

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 02, 2011, 11:40:37 AM »
people usually don't celebrate because of things like closure or vengeance.  are they just super duper patrioitic?

lots of knee jerk reactions, too.  heard somebody on tv last night say this was one of the greatest moments in our country's history.  a little bit over the top, i'd say.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 02, 2011, 11:46:18 AM »
It's kind of cool to have a higher percentage of Americans united about something. However, it was a bit over the top, imo.

I mean, c'mon.

Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 02, 2011, 11:52:09 AM »
Got to give it to OBL, sounds like he put up a hell of a fight for a guy who has been suffering Kidney and Respiratory failure for over a decade now.

Offline 5601js

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 02, 2011, 11:53:18 AM »
I completely understand the joy and cause for celebration, but I personally am not jumping around in joy.
Might be different if I had lost a loved one in 9/11, but for now, I get it, but I'm not an active participant.

Regardless, though, I have a man crush on the members of the squad that conducted the raid, as well as all the members of intelligence over the last 10+ years that had a hand in tracking him down. Yes it did take a looooooooooong time. Still, they are total badasses.