Author Topic: Updated Bracketology  (Read 8731 times)

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
Updated Bracketology
« on: February 22, 2010, 11:47:33 AM »
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

I like this.  Possibly Ohio St. in the 16, and Cuse in the Elite 8. 

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Updated Bracketology
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 11:55:20 AM »
I don't like either of those possibilities. Cuse would destroy us.

Offline weird roberts foam finger

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 11:58:45 AM »
That West Region pretty much sucks too.  Only thing I like about this projection is K-State as a No. 2 seed.

:kstatriot:
"It could be best for his family for Cole to come back." -- Bill Self, NBA career killer

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2010, 12:04:15 PM »
I don't like either of those possibilities. Cuse would destroy us.

Agreed. I like our chances if Purdue is the #1 in our region.

Offline get_HIT

• Combo-Fan
  • "I just love the Jayhawk...It should be killed."
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2010, 12:08:15 PM »
Cuse would not destroy us.  Hard to argue that ANY team is hard pressed to beat us if Dennis is hittin like he has been and if Jake is hittin like he was earlier in the year.  If they aren't, yes they would kill us. 
"He was in the group of about four or five troll K-State fans who were celebrating like they had just won a national title." -BMW on get_HIT

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2010, 12:09:08 PM »
Cuse would not destroy us.  Hard to argue that ANY team is hard pressed to beat us if Dennis is hittin like he has been and if Jake is hittin like he was earlier in the year.  If they aren't, yes they would kill us. 

I think it's spelled Dennnis with three n's.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2010, 12:13:22 PM »
Syracuse is THE worst matchup for us in the entire bracket.  I think that they beat us by 50 points.  :cry:

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2010, 12:18:12 PM »
Cuse would not destroy us.  Hard to argue that ANY team is hard pressed to beat us if Dennis is hittin like he has been and if Jake is hittin like he was earlier in the year.  If they aren't, yes they would kill us.  

Exactly. But Dennnnnis and Jake only have one tournament win under their belt. How crazy are their nerves going to be going throughout the tournament? Granted the first game will help out a lot. But still, I don't see them hitting shots as comfortably throughout the tournament as they have been against teams like NU and OU. Neither of them made a 3 against Tejas, and Dennnnis only made one against UK. Teams with little experience in the tournament rarely do well in it.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2010, 12:24:45 PM »
I don't think Cuse has the depth we do.  Only 7 of their players have played in all 27 games this season, with their 8th most player playing in only 16 games.  Sounds like if it is a big game, only 7 guys will see major playing time.  

Not saying this would be the best matchup for us, but I like it better than Kentucky.  Purdue would be ideal, but I think Purdue will be knocked out of a 1 seed by the time the tournament gets here (@Minnesota and Mich. St. next 2 games).  

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2010, 12:26:28 PM »
I don't like either of those possibilities.

QFT. And Maryland in the second round? No.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2010, 12:28:43 PM »
I don't think Cuse has the depth we do.  Only 7 of their players have played in all 27 games this season, with their 8th most player playing in only 16 games.  Sounds like if it is a big game, only 7 guys will see major playing time.  

Not saying this would be the best matchup for us, but I like it better than Kentucky.  Purdue would be ideal, but I think Purdue will be knocked out of a 1 seed by the time the tournament gets here (@Minnesota and Mich. St. next 2 games).  
agreed.  i think a game against syracuse would go down similar to the texas game.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2010, 12:28:49 PM »
Cuse would not destroy us.  Hard to argue that ANY team is hard pressed to beat us if Dennis is hittin like he has been and if Jake is hittin like he was earlier in the year.  If they aren't, yes they would kill us.  

Exactly. But Dennnnnis and Jake only have one tournament win under their belt. How crazy are their nerves going to be going throughout the tournament? Granted the first game will help out a lot. But still, I don't see them hitting shots as comfortably throughout the tournament as they have been against teams like NU and OU. Neither of them made a 3 against Tejas, and Dennnnis only made one against UK. Teams with little experience in the tournament rarely do well in it.

I understand where you are coming from, but how many teams have not made the tournament one year and entered the tournament as a top 10 team the next?

Offline yadig?

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2010, 12:30:49 PM »
Cuse's Zone.... :flush:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2010, 12:32:37 PM »

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2010, 12:33:18 PM »

My point exactly.  Unless Deni's rough ridin' trick shots are "on," a zone kills us.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2010, 12:33:49 PM »
Also, even though I said I don't see Purdue being a 1 seed by tourney time, they still have 11 guys who have played in 20+ games this season (more depth than us).  I'm now thinking Purdue would be a harder matchup than Cuse unless we match up better talent for talent.  

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2010, 12:34:42 PM »
K-State fans; we are going to face good teams in the tournament if we make it to the 2nd weekend.  We will probably see someone pretty decent in the 2nd round.  Some match-ups could be better than others, but regardless if we get to the Sweet 16 whoever we play is going to be dang good.  

Even though we haven't really been there, at least try to act like we've been there.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2010, 12:36:22 PM »

My point exactly.  Unless Deni's fracking trick shots are "on," a zone kills us.

We started to play zone a bit better by passing the ball down to our posts to create open 3's.  Even if Clemente is cold, we have been able to count on Pullen hitting a few to keep them honest.

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2010, 12:37:11 PM »
K-State fans; we are going to face good teams in the tournament if we make it to the 2nd weekend.  We will probably see someone pretty decent in the 2nd round.  Some match-ups could be better than others, but regardless if we get to the Sweet 16 whoever we play is going to be dang good.  

Even though we haven't really been there, at least try to act like we've been there.

There are good teams out there that are far better matchups for us than freaking Syracuse.

Bookcat

« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2010, 12:38:02 PM »

I want to play Belmont six times in a row for the title.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2010, 12:39:18 PM »

There are good teams out there that are far better matchups for us than freaking Syracuse.

Far better #1 seed matchups?  Would you rather play KU or Kentucky than Cuse?  Cuse got outplayed by Louisville at home in front of 35,000 fans.  

catzacker

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2010, 12:40:10 PM »

this.  we've beaten two 8's (UNLV, Baylor) and a 12 (Dayton) on the road or at a nuetral site.  Our best win would be a home win against a 5 (UT).  I'm sure other 2's have similar records, but like, cheer for upsets if we want a "good bracket".  

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2010, 12:40:30 PM »

Why?  

We seemed to handle Baylors athletic 2-3 zone just fine.  

I don't know who out of the likely 1 seeds would be a better match-up, I just know if we are playing Syracuse its likely in the Elite 8.  I'm not going to be too picky about who we play at the point.  

Offline slimz

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2010, 12:40:44 PM »
If I've learned one thing from listening to my ku acquaintances over the years, it's that the hoops committee always screws over high seeds when it comes to tourney matchups.  Looking forward to getting to complain about it.   :cool: