Author Topic: European Club Soccer Thread! (EPL, Champions League, Europa, etc... :D )  (Read 1331470 times)

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Re: Sporting KC
« Reply #6500 on: December 09, 2013, 11:19:47 PM »
I try to keep up with the thread quite a bit, but I don't post in here very much as i'm a pretty straight shooter and that often times gets misread and big arguments start instead of talking about the actual "meat" of the thread.

it wasn't often, it was like your only post in this thread.  if you post more than once about sporting and less about touting when people here are begging for tickets you'll do ok

I like to think we're a pretty nice bunch in here.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #6501 on: December 09, 2013, 11:20:44 PM »
I know the vid has been posted, but here:

:love: :love: :love: :fatty:

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6502 on: December 09, 2013, 11:22:12 PM »
you can even hear the squish in the gif :lol:

Offline ShellShock

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6503 on: December 09, 2013, 11:22:48 PM »
I try to keep up with the thread quite a bit, but I don't post in here very much as i'm a pretty straight shooter and that often times gets misread and big arguments start instead of talking about the actual "meat" of the thread.

it wasn't often, it was like your only post in this thread.  if you post more than once about sporting and less about touting when people here are begging for tickets you'll do ok

I like to think we're a pretty nice bunch in here.

A fair assessment on both accounts.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #6504 on: December 09, 2013, 11:24:22 PM »

:frown:

What a guy.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6505 on: December 09, 2013, 11:27:02 PM »
:bawl:

we had an adorable GD team this year.  goodnight, sweet prince

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6506 on: December 09, 2013, 11:29:17 PM »
hard to understand the 2012 mls keeper of the year through all those chins :lol:

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #6507 on: December 09, 2013, 11:33:17 PM »
hard to understand the 2012 mls keeper of the year through all those chins :lol:

Yeah, what on Earth was he wearing? The fact that he's out of shape AF, smoked for like 20 years, and used to be a gambling addict make him more awesome.

Offline ShellShock

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6508 on: December 09, 2013, 11:37:31 PM »

Yeah, what on Earth was he wearing? The fact that he's out of shape AF, smoked for like 20 years, and used to be a gambling addict make him more awesome.

The other stuff wins a spot in my heart right beside GK of the year.

Side note: What is more adorable than Uri: Music Critic?

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6509 on: December 09, 2013, 11:38:13 PM »
yeah, that was for Ofc daris btw :)

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #6510 on: December 09, 2013, 11:38:57 PM »
yeah, that was for Ofc daris btw :)

:thumbs:

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #6511 on: December 09, 2013, 11:40:59 PM »

The other stuff wins a spot in my heart right beside GK of the year.

Side note: What is more adorable than Uri: Music Critic?

"Soony and Dom Tell Each Other Knock Knock Jokes" imo.

Also, this:

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6512 on: December 09, 2013, 11:46:00 PM »
Also, this:

omg, need to click on links more :love:

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6513 on: December 09, 2013, 11:56:04 PM »
This is a passing of the torch off season. Zusi often times is the best player on the pitch. Fielhaber too. Time for one of them to earn a legit captain role

Besler will be the captain in 2014. Right, sw?

Yup gunna be Matty Bes.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6514 on: December 10, 2013, 07:37:54 AM »
it's hard to become a fan of a team when the best players on the team strive to leave the team and go elsewhere.  for the casual fan, it makes attaching yourself to the team very difficult and what you're left with is fans of the game, not the team.  there's nothing MLS can do to prevent players from wanting to go to the bigger stages, i'm just highlighting a problem that they have when trying to grow the league.

you know next spring when the season kicks off, the majority of kansas city who jumped on the bandwagon sometime in the past couple months will be wondering wtf happened to "their" team.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline SabiNation

• Katpak'r
  • USA Handball - Rio 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #6515 on: December 10, 2013, 08:50:12 AM »
s_c, I enjoy reading your analysis of our Sporting and of the MLS in general.  Keep it up

mocat, pretty jeals that you had such an awesome time last night.  Wanted to go, but couldn't make it happen.  Sounds like it was pretty amazeballs
"If i worked for the NY times, and my boss told me 'hey. if you keep ranking ksu so high, we may fire you' i would tell my boss to 'bring it on.'"  -FFF

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6516 on: December 10, 2013, 09:01:43 AM »
You guys I got pretty faced last night. I enjoyed reading the last few pages of this thread this morning

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6517 on: December 10, 2013, 09:44:03 AM »
Anyone know where to get some champions swag? crap was sold out fast on Saturday, couldn't get in last night, online order was cancelled because they ran out too. Specifically a scarf

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6518 on: December 10, 2013, 10:03:17 AM »
it's hard to become a fan of a team when the best players on the team strive to leave the team and go elsewhere.  for the casual fan, it makes attaching yourself to the team very difficult and what you're left with is fans of the game, not the team.  there's nothing MLS can do to prevent players from wanting to go to the bigger stages, i'm just highlighting a problem that they have when trying to grow the league.

you know next spring when the season kicks off, the majority of kansas city who jumped on the bandwagon sometime in the past couple months will be wondering wtf happened to "their" team.

exactly why i am anti-expansion of SP

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #6519 on: December 10, 2013, 10:31:18 AM »

College sports.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6520 on: December 10, 2013, 10:49:18 AM »

College sports.

totally different situation and a VERY stupid argument. College sports you know there is only a maximum time of 4 years of a player actually playing for your team. Also Americans are used to having the best professional sports leagues in the world. You don't have to worry about Tamba deciding he wants to go home and play in the African Football League, or LeBron James taking more money to play in Spain. You are trying to build a league and it is starting to gain traction, but it can become a hard sell to get the average sports fan to come out in the 102 degree heat for a game vs Chivas after the faces of your franchise just up and leave to another league in another continent.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #6521 on: December 10, 2013, 10:55:22 AM »
Anyone know where to get some champions swag? crap was sold out fast on Saturday, couldn't get in last night, online order was cancelled because they ran out too. Specifically a scarf

I also got a cancellation email for my scarf. I assume they'll be getting a shipment within a week. I'm just gonna keep checking Kansas Sampler and mlsgear.com.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #6522 on: December 10, 2013, 10:57:29 AM »
s_c, I enjoy reading your analysis of our Sporting and of the MLS in general.  Keep it up

:)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #6523 on: December 10, 2013, 10:59:26 AM »
If you think ppl pick up watching MLS with similar expectations to the NBA, NFL, etc, then that could be the problem. 

Also, any Kansas City team.  Royals classic story is as soon as anyone turns out to be really good, they leave because we can't afford them. 

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #6524 on: December 10, 2013, 11:01:58 AM »

Part of growing the league is selling the best players to better leagues and developing more talent. MLS is getting better every year in both areas. It's mutually beneficial for the players and owners. As a fan of SKC, you can take comfort in the fact that Robb cares about fans first. He realizes we are attached to these players. Sometimes, he has to do what's best for the individual player (like in Kei's case). But he kept Besler and Zusi here when they could easily be in England.