Author Topic: European Club Soccer Thread! (EPL, Champions League, Europa, etc... :D )  (Read 1332297 times)

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Sporting KC
« Reply #6400 on: December 09, 2013, 03:55:20 PM »
oh man

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6401 on: December 09, 2013, 03:55:44 PM »
i'm just going by what i saw saturday and know very little about soccer, but if the sporting kc goalie is the best they can do then just wow. he's horrible. just horrible. looks old. small. seems chubby/out of shapey.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #6402 on: December 09, 2013, 03:56:22 PM »
i'm just going by what i saw saturday and know very little about soccer, but if the sporting kc goalie is the best they can do then just wow. he's horrible. just horrible. looks old. small. seems chubby/out of shapey.

:lol:

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #6403 on: December 09, 2013, 03:57:59 PM »

What an atmosphere.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6404 on: December 09, 2013, 04:00:25 PM »
can't wait

4/5/14 7:30PM CDT

MLS Regular Season
at Sporting Park
Sporting KC vs Real Salt Lake

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6405 on: December 09, 2013, 04:00:37 PM »
also, remember that time when the ball was on the ground and he just kicked straight ahead like twenty feet and the utah guys just grab it and ran it right back at him and almost scored? i mean what in the world was that? he has a bunch of teammates playing their hearts out the whole game and his fat and lazy self just lazies some kick up the middle and almosts costs them the whole game. i'd fired him immediately. get different goalie.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 04:12:34 PM by rick daris »

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #6406 on: December 09, 2013, 04:03:37 PM »
also, remember that time when the ball was on the ground and he just kicked straight ahead like twenty feet and the utah guys just grab it and ran is right back at him and almost scored? i mean what in the world was that? he has a bunch of teammates playing their hearts out the whole game and his fat and lazy self just lazies some kick up the middle and almosts costs them the whole game. i'd fired him immediately. get different goalie.

Nothing to see here. Good effort though, Daris.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #6407 on: December 09, 2013, 04:08:26 PM »
I will probably look into going with the roaddron to Chicago on May 18. Anyone?

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #6408 on: December 09, 2013, 04:10:48 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITzhngT-5zQ&feature=youtu.be

PV talks about Bieler at the 9:55 mark. Also talks about Jimmy's notes soon after.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6409 on: December 09, 2013, 04:14:46 PM »
drugs?

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #6410 on: December 09, 2013, 04:36:39 PM »
I'm not sure how much you guys know about the rest of the league, but Seattle declined the option on Gspurning (their goalkeeper) leaving Marcus Hahnemann (a 41 year old) as their starter.

If Nielsen retires, I would absolutely take Gspurning. He is very good. Capable of being one of the best in the league. Had a terrible second half of 2013.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #6411 on: December 09, 2013, 04:39:29 PM »
how old is old for a goalie?  Isn't Jimmy like 35 or 36?

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #6412 on: December 09, 2013, 04:48:23 PM »

36. And it depends on the player. Friedel is still going strong (or could be) at 42. I'd say 37-40 is old. That's just my opinion. Most seem to play into their mid thirties at least.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #6413 on: December 09, 2013, 05:02:57 PM »
The Full 90 ?@TheFull90 1m
Chelsea's Samuel Eto'o will head to Major League Soccer at end of season http://gu.com/p/3y432/tw  via @guardian

:horrorsurprise:

:emawkid:

The Guardian tho.....

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #6414 on: December 09, 2013, 05:04:00 PM »

36. And it depends on the player. Friedel is still going strong (or could be) at 42. I'd say 37-40 is old. That's just my opinion. Most seem to play into their mid thirties at least.

Sign him for another couple yrs.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #6415 on: December 09, 2013, 05:09:10 PM »
The Full 90 ?@TheFull90 1m
Chelsea's Samuel Eto'o will head to Major League Soccer at end of season http://gu.com/p/3y432/tw  via @guardian

:horrorsurprise:

:emawkid:

The Guardian tho.....

Los Angeles Galaxy, DC United and Club Deportivo Chivas USA are potential destinations. Seattle Sounders and Chicago Fire also likely to express interest. The four-times African player of the year had been heavily linked with FC Toronto, coached by the former Blackburn and Queens Park Rangers defender Ryan Nelsen, but is thought to favour a move to the US rather than Canada.

Oh, I had already heard him linked with TFC with Drake recruiting him I think. Idk, Drake recruits rough ridin' everyone.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #6416 on: December 09, 2013, 05:10:36 PM »

I see him retiring. Going out on top. I think if we won the MLS Cup two years ago or last year, he would have retired at the end of the season. Can't force him to keep playing even with money. I'm not sure his contract is even up yet. Haven't heard. Anyone know? I don't think it is, so that wouldn't be the issue.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6417 on: December 09, 2013, 06:17:14 PM »
Just got my beer wristband :gocho:

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6418 on: December 09, 2013, 06:38:50 PM »

I see him retiring. Going out on top. I think if we won the MLS Cup two years ago or last year, he would have retired at the end of the season. Can't force him to keep playing even with money. I'm not sure his contract is even up yet. Haven't heard. Anyone know? I don't think it is, so that wouldn't be the issue.

I think he has one more year

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #6419 on: December 09, 2013, 06:51:35 PM »

I think he has one more year

Definitely possible. It's just my guess.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #6420 on: December 09, 2013, 06:54:33 PM »
Mike Kuhn ?@downthebyline 1m
If you aren't inside the event now, it's at capacity, for someone to get in someone must leave

:sdeek:

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6421 on: December 09, 2013, 07:02:02 PM »
I'm on free 'vard #3

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #6422 on: December 09, 2013, 07:03:47 PM »
Quote from: MLS Re-Entry draft
Chicago Fire (9): M Corben Bone, D Shaun Francis, M Joel Lindpere, M Daniel Paladini, M Logan Pause, M Chris Rolfe, F Maicon Santos, M Wells Thompson*, M Michael Videira

Chivas USA (3): D Ante Jazic*, D Steve Purdy, M Josue Soto

Columbus Crew (2): M Danny O'Rourke, M Konrad Warzycha

Colorado Rapids (3): GK Steward Ceus, D Brian Mullan, M Jamie Smith

D.C. United (6): M Dwayne De Rosario, D James Riley, F Carlos Ruiz, M Marcelo Saragosa, M John Thorrington, D Daniel Woolard

FC Dallas (3): F Kenny Cooper, M David Ferreira, D Ugo Ihemelu

Houston Dynamo (5): D Bobby Boswell*, F Calen Carr*, D Mike Chabala, M Alex Dixon, F Cam Weaver

LA Galaxy (4): M Colin Clark, M Laurent Courtois, D Sean Franklin, M Pablo Mastroeni*

Montreal Impact (1): M Sinisa Ubiparipovic

New England Revolution (5): D Kevin Alston*, F Chad Barrett, F Ryan Guy, M Clyde Simms, M Juan Toja

New York Red Bulls (5): F Andre Akpan*, D Brandon Barklage, F Fabian Espindola, GK Kevin Hartman, D Heath Pearce*

Philadelphia Union (1): D Chris Albright*

Portland Timbers (2): D David Horst, D Ryan Miller

Real Salt Lake (4): M Yordany Alvarez, D Brandon McDonald, GK Josh Saunders, M Khari Stephenson

Seattle Sounders (6): D Marc Burch, GK Josh Ford, M Blair Gavin, M Mauro Rosales, F Steve Zakuani*

San Jose Earthquakes (4): D Nana Attakora, M Mehdi Ballouchy*, D Dan Gargan, GK Evan Newton

Toronto FC (2): F Justin Braun*, M Bobby Convey

Vancouver Whitecaps (4): GK Joe Cannon, F Tommy Heinemann, F Corey Hertzog, GK Brad Knighton

I bolded players that don't suck in my opinion. Lindpere and Zakuani would be great options for us at left winger. Lindpere had a terrible 2013 though, and Zakuani has had a really tough time coming back from his horrific broken leg in 2012. A few of those players like David Ferreira Dwayne De Rosario used to be amazing (both former MVPs) but now aren't that great.

We won't get anyone worth a crap though because we pick 19th/19. Probably won't take anyone. Lol at Bobby Convey. Mauro Rosales is gone. That puts Seattle's DPs at Obafemi Martins (rumored to be leaving) and Dempsey. EJ is either leaving (they're shopping him) and they're bringing in someone like Eto'o or they're going to give EJ their third DP slot.

Most of you probably don't give a eff about any of this, but I love the off-season.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #6423 on: December 09, 2013, 07:04:42 PM »

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #6424 on: December 09, 2013, 07:05:23 PM »