Author Topic: European Club Soccer Thread! (EPL, Champions League, Europa, etc... :D )  (Read 1331452 times)

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Re: Sporting KC
« Reply #6050 on: December 03, 2013, 11:05:06 PM »
chivas needs to be stopped.  it's embarrassing.

This

Offline 3maw

• lurk'r extrodinaire
  • Combo-Fan
  • #TeamAldi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6051 on: December 03, 2013, 11:29:59 PM »
just saw the commercial for the cup on espn, lemme tell ya, they love them some skc. so many highlights of players, fans, pv...then they show the rsl flag flying.  :love:

Offline FP TC etc.

• Katpak'r
  • USA! USA! USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6052 on: December 03, 2013, 11:48:10 PM »
Why are we talking about this? There are already cold weather outdoor franchises and its nbd

The relevance is only if they flip the schedule, they can't/shouldn't. We already have 9 franchises (RSL, COL, Crew, PHL, NY x2, NE, MTL, and TOR) where the hard winter could legitimately. Europe doesn't have to deal with that, the Scandinavian nations, that have climates similar to that of the northern NA cities play the same schedule as the MLS.

Chicago  :buh-bye:

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6053 on: December 03, 2013, 11:49:33 PM »

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #6054 on: December 03, 2013, 11:51:16 PM »
just saw the commercial for the cup on espn, lemme tell ya, they love them some skc. so many highlights of players, fans, pv...then they show the rsl flag flying.  :love:

Well it's a Kansas City home game. A lot of it is an advertisement for the atmosphere at Sporting Park.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6055 on: December 03, 2013, 11:54:10 PM »
I am selfishly loving the attention paid to the home field format

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #6056 on: December 03, 2013, 11:55:29 PM »
I am selfishly loving the attention paid to the home field format

Same. I'd probably be super butthurt if the game was in SLC. But it's not! :gocho:

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6057 on: December 03, 2013, 11:56:31 PM »
rules is rules :gocho:

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: EPL Thread For Fans (not chelsea fans)
« Reply #6058 on: December 04, 2013, 12:22:30 AM »
hull city tigerspurs, tottenham hottigers.  just two buds hanging out and holding hands in the table

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6059 on: December 04, 2013, 12:49:08 AM »
Why are we talking about this? There are already cold weather outdoor franchises and its nbd

The relevance is only if they flip the schedule, they can't/shouldn't. We already have 9 franchises (RSL, COL, Crew, PHL, NY x2, NE, MTL, and TOR) where the hard winter could legitimately. Europe doesn't have to deal with that, the Scandinavian nations, that have climates similar to that of the northern NA cities play the same schedule as the MLS.

Hahaha talk about an insignificant afterthought, Chicago :lol:

Also s_c I think 'sclams is trolling you a bit but a couple things on New England:
1. Their attendance numbers are fudged, I lived there and went to matches, its bad. It seems most of their attendance is group sales from soccer clubs in the area.
2. They absolutely have to build a soccer only stadium in what is called Metro West in the Boston area. I don't even think Boston proper would work unless they find a place in Brookline. Preferrably the stadium needs to be in Newton, Needham, or Natick, possibly Waltham  :barf: They are talking about a soccer only stadium, have been for years but the places they have talked about are terrible; Chelsea, Somerville, Revere :Yuck: these places have high percentages of immigrants but that can't be their market, Portuguese immigrants will never care about the MLS.
3. Not only is the team an afterthought in the media in Boston but they are used as a punching bag, only mocked. The Boston media is very old and have no time for soccer. Obviously MLS wants and needs to stay in that media market but that market is doing nothing for the Revs or the MLS. They have a Revs section on the Boston Globe's online site but they do a lot of stories directly from the revs website.

The bottom line is that the Krafts need to be forced to sell.  Their situation is similar to that of the Wizards but their stadium is nearly an hour from Boston and their media support is even worse than it was for the Wiz. The issue is the Kraft money is the only thing that has kept that thing afloat, but the league needs to find an owner and do it quickly.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6060 on: December 04, 2013, 01:36:25 AM »
New England and Chivas can both GTFOOMF as far as I'm concerned. Mpls, STL, NYC2, San Antonio and I guess Miami since it's inevitable are cool with me.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6061 on: December 04, 2013, 01:37:27 AM »

:love:

God damnit why is she touching it? rough ridin' jinxed

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6062 on: December 04, 2013, 08:07:49 AM »

Hahaha talk about an insignificant afterthought, Chicago :lol:

Also s_c I think 'sclams is trolling you a bit but a couple things on New England:
1. Their attendance numbers are fudged, I lived there and went to matches, its bad. It seems most of their attendance is group sales from soccer clubs in the area.
2. They absolutely have to build a soccer only stadium in what is called Metro West in the Boston area. I don't even think Boston proper would work unless they find a place in Brookline. Preferrably the stadium needs to be in Newton, Needham, or Natick, possibly Waltham  :barf: They are talking about a soccer only stadium, have been for years but the places they have talked about are terrible; Chelsea, Somerville, Revere :Yuck: these places have high percentages of immigrants but that can't be their market, Portuguese immigrants will never care about the MLS.
3. Not only is the team an afterthought in the media in Boston but they are used as a punching bag, only mocked. The Boston media is very old and have no time for soccer. Obviously MLS wants and needs to stay in that media market but that market is doing nothing for the Revs or the MLS. They have a Revs section on the Boston Globe's online site but they do a lot of stories directly from the revs website.

The bottom line is that the Krafts need to be forced to sell.  Their situation is similar to that of the Wizards but their stadium is nearly an hour from Boston and their media support is even worse than it was for the Wiz. The issue is the Kraft money is the only thing that has kept that thing afloat, but the league needs to find an owner and do it quickly.

wow, the new england fanboi is getting absolutely shredded - good work MiR, feels good to know some of us in this thread know and understand soccer

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #6063 on: December 04, 2013, 09:26:52 AM »
do you guys think it would be more competitive if arsenal had to face an allstar team made up of players from all the other teams?

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6064 on: December 04, 2013, 09:48:57 AM »
Just adding my  :th_twocents: to the home final topic:

The neutral site MLS Cups were horrid. It should never go back to this. I like the one off Cup Final a lot. It keeps some worth in the regular season and allows for one big amazing ending to a season. I see why some people might want a two leg final but I don't think that can work currently for the MLS. The league is fighting hard for the viewership they get on tv as is, and if it was a two leg final it would be tough to grab any non-soccer fan imo. Have seen a lot of chatter on twitter about moving it to two legs the past few days.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #6065 on: December 04, 2013, 09:49:24 AM »

:love:

God damnit why is she touching it? rough ridin' jinxed

Wearing gloves tho

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6066 on: December 04, 2013, 09:59:57 AM »
My Post on MLS Expansion and some stadiums:

It needs to stop at 24. Sadly I think there are a lot of cities that would be good for the MLS but not all of them will get it. First off, Chivas needed to be sold to the league yesterday and then have the MLS open up bidding to any owner who wants it only thing they have to do is move them out of LA. San Diego would be the only other city in California I would want to see a team in, but in my perfect world Chivas gets moved to whichever of Minnesota, or Saint Louis doesn't get an expansion team.

New England needs to find some land to build a SSS somewhere in the Boston Metro, and DC needs to make sure their stadium deal goes through. Both need a SSS to help create excitement and stop making the league look bad. While Seattle actually does well in Century Link I still personally think they should build their own 40k seat stadium with natural grass. I think that would be good for the MLS and be nice for the USMNT.

It is going to be a mistake adding Miami and Atlanta as two expansion cities. The Southeast is the worst spot to expand to imo. I don't see Atlanta or Miami thriving. I am going to be super butthurt when the Midwest gets completely ignored. I still am super skeptical of NYCFC. All in all I think the MLS has done a good job recently, but I am afraid the league is making a lot of mistakes right now.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6067 on: December 04, 2013, 10:00:51 AM »
Quote from: Cauldron
There will be operations staff posted at every entrance to the stands that will be checking tickets in order to gain access. If you do not have a section ticket you will not get into the stands.

They are on to you sunny

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #6068 on: December 04, 2013, 10:02:33 AM »
Thanks for the insight, MIR. My knowledge of Boston is limited. It's just my opinion that NE is not a dumpster fire. They made the playoffs this year and should be better next year if they find a replacement for Agudelo. They're young. Attendance and everything else falls into place with winning generally. Not at Chivas though. They won the West not too long ago. Like a five years maybe.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6069 on: December 04, 2013, 01:59:47 PM »
OMG, watching online for NBC Sports is fantastic.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 02:35:49 PM by Matt McKee P.O.S. Esq »

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6071 on: December 04, 2013, 02:06:27 PM »
OMG, watching online for NBC Sports is fantastic.

yeah, they did an excellent job

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6072 on: December 04, 2013, 02:17:16 PM »
Suarez is total stud.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6073 on: December 04, 2013, 02:22:25 PM »
Suarez is total stud.

Third hat trick against Norich.

Offline broXcore

• Katpak'r
  • cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #6074 on: December 04, 2013, 03:23:58 PM »
officially jumping on the #avbout bandwagon