Author Topic: European Club Soccer Thread! (EPL, Champions League, Europa, etc... :D )  (Read 1331457 times)

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
Re: Sporting KC
« Reply #5200 on: November 07, 2013, 11:45:37 AM »
CF3's report from the West Side Stands:

1. Video boards? Yes please! Makes the KSU Football ones look like a calculator screen.
2. I like the Cauldron. A student sectiony feel, tons of zeal, and A FREAKING TROMBONE!  :excited:
3. Fireworks? AC/DC? Their intro really is going for the squawk fanbase, but hey, I like a good firework/Ac/Dc combo.
4. Now, I don't know much about soccer. I never played, and rarely watch, but that game was dope. Other than the 15 or so minutes between our first goal and before theirs, the good guys were like frantic to score, and I liked that it was aggressive and not that boring pass back to the defender crap that soccer can become.
5. Revolution guys are cheap shot artists. This cannot be debated.
6. As a soccer noob, I can't get over the "stall with a fake injury and act like a baby" crap that these guys pull. 92 for NE is like, king of the injury faking babies.
7. A goal, and all 3 of ours were super important is one of the most fun "everyone parties" moments at a live sporting event.
8. I was pretty jeals as a Royals fan that the fans are taken care of way better out there. Where's the carousel and the mini-golf course? Oh yeah, you don't need one because you're there to watch the game not be at a carnival.
9. IMO the stadium could be like 4k seats bigger.
10. Will I go back? Probs. Will be a big soccer fan? Probs not.

GF3, guys what else?  Rob, the owner/CEO is like other fans.  He calls into talk radio when pissed to talk about the team.  He tweets about the team and processes all the time.  He is pretty fantastic and what I wish the other owners were like.  Also, he mentioned last year on twitter that they are adding like 5K more seating starting in 2016, iirc.  From what I hear, they are going to go straight up on both sides.

Its like, I'm pretty butthurt because I feel like the Royals deserve this, but I'm pretty happy for the SKC fans too.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #5201 on: November 07, 2013, 11:49:38 AM »
Cal's call on Bieler's goal:

What a boss.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #5202 on: November 07, 2013, 11:51:58 AM »
Also, didn't see this posted:

Was pretty funny cause the head Cauldron dudes came up to us and the people around us in the second row and told us we need to be ready to hold it and pull it tight. Barely made it 4 or 5 rows down. Maybe they didn't know it'd be attached to the balcony.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5203 on: November 07, 2013, 01:01:40 PM »
Tickets!

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5204 on: November 07, 2013, 01:07:49 PM »
So, the fake injury thing has got to go.  I know it's the popular thing to do in other leagues, but jfc, the MLS should fix this.  Pretty easy, if dude needs a doctor to examine his stubbed toe, he should be required to leave the field (pitch) for a mandatory period of time, during which the team can play a man down or burn a sub.  if he doesn't ask for a doc, the ref should put the ball back play immediately.  It's f'n ridiculous that a dude will writhe in pain for minutes at a time, then he'll be assisted to the sideline, where he'll stand until the ball is put back in play and then he'll just run back onto the field like nothing happened.   

Also CJ Sapong is terrible.

Lastly, that franchise, venue, fan interaction, game experience is probably one of the most well executed operations in all of American sports.  I watched on TV, and crap, those 18K fans sounded as loud as anything I've seen on TV.     

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5205 on: November 07, 2013, 01:37:06 PM »
Pretty easy, if dude needs a doctor to examine his stubbed toe, he should be required to leave the field (pitch) for a mandatory period of time

That is what the rule is supposed to be, blame the WITB MLS refs for not following the rules. Just like how not once last night did the ref bother to make any players from either team get back 10 yards on free kicks. MLS refs are crap tier garbage, and it makes the games less watchable than European leagues where refs actually remember the rules.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5206 on: November 07, 2013, 01:40:36 PM »
YELLOW TEAM SUCKS! YELLOW TEAM SUCKS!
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5207 on: November 07, 2013, 01:47:52 PM »
Also, didn't see this posted:

Was pretty funny cause the head Cauldron dudes came up to us and the people around us in the second row and told us we need to be ready to hold it and pull it tight. Barely made it 4 or 5 rows down. Maybe they didn't know it'd be attached to the balcony.

i really enjoyed this tifo.

also South Stand is really stepping up their game, outside of the E on their BELIEVE tifo never really un tangled.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5208 on: November 07, 2013, 02:01:29 PM »
yeah that was so  :lol: everyone in my section was like wtf does that say? then someone figured it out and we were all like cmon E get it together!!!
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5209 on: November 07, 2013, 02:01:54 PM »
Pretty easy, if dude needs a doctor to examine his stubbed toe, he should be required to leave the field (pitch) for a mandatory period of time

That is what the rule is supposed to be, blame the WITB MLS refs for not following the rules. Just like how not once last night did the ref bother to make any players from either team get back 10 yards on free kicks. MLS refs are crap tier garbage, and it makes the games less watchable than European leagues where refs actually remember the rules.

I feel like some of the european and latin leagues are the worst offenders when it comes to injury faking.  Not so much in places like England and Germany.  But, spain, italy, mexico...

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #5210 on: November 07, 2013, 02:18:07 PM »
The worst divers/injury fakers are from Central American/South American leagues. Their style of play is also much dirtier. This was extremely evident during the CONCACAF CL. Real Esteli was a rough ridin' joke. Olimpia did it too. Not quite as bad though.

This is part of the reason why Bieler is relatively dirty. Think he was only suspended once by the disciplinary committee all season, but should have been much more often.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5211 on: November 07, 2013, 02:33:00 PM »
people need to quit complaining about the flopping, it's more annoying than the flopping itself.

and ya, soccer refs, not just MLS, pretty much suck in general.  if the mls is serious about their game, they need to put a quality product on the field and that includes the refs.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5212 on: November 07, 2013, 02:42:28 PM »
people need to quit complaining about the flopping, it's more annoying than the flopping itself.

and ya, soccer refs, not just MLS, pretty much suck in general.  if the mls is serious about their game, they need to put a quality product on the field and that includes the refs.

Sorry bud. Just trying to learn soccer.

Also, man, tickets ain't cheap eh?

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5213 on: November 07, 2013, 02:59:30 PM »
i've always gotten them free but i'm sure they cost a pretty penny.   :th_twocents:

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #5214 on: November 07, 2013, 03:12:20 PM »
I'm trying to talk my friend into driving down to Houston this weekend with me. Never been to a road game. There's not Cauldron-organized travel/hotels. I'm thinking we would leave in the middle of the night Friday. Just over a ten hour drive there and back. I figured including our tickets, gas, and food, we'd each spend less than 100 bucks...

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5215 on: November 07, 2013, 03:13:52 PM »
I'm trying to talk my friend into driving down to Houston this weekend with me. Never been to a road game. There's not Cauldron-organized travel/hotels. I'm thinking we would leave in the middle of the night Friday. Just over a ten hour drive there and back. I figured including our tickets, gas, and food, we'd each spend less than 100 bucks...

what is the equivalent of taco johns in houston?  should be able to grab a stack of tickets there

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #5216 on: November 07, 2013, 03:21:05 PM »
Looks like it's not gonna happen. I'll be sure to post if it does.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5217 on: November 07, 2013, 03:23:11 PM »
what if houston borrows baylor's tarps this weekend :sdeek:

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #5218 on: November 07, 2013, 03:24:18 PM »

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #5219 on: November 07, 2013, 03:24:33 PM »
what if houston borrows baylor's tarps this weekend :sdeek:

Would take.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5220 on: November 07, 2013, 03:28:49 PM »
Danny Clinkscale is so adorbs.

http://www.sportingkc.com/blog/post/2013/11/07/audio-sporting-kc-goal-calls-vs-new-england

omg i have never heard danny get so excited. that makes my heart tingle a little bit.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5221 on: November 07, 2013, 03:51:06 PM »
Danny Clinkscale is so adorbs.

http://www.sportingkc.com/blog/post/2013/11/07/audio-sporting-kc-goal-calls-vs-new-england

omg i have never heard danny get so excited. that makes my heart tingle a little bit.

Wow.  Danny:  "Score!  Score!  It's a goal for Claudio Bieler!" 

Love his excitement tho.  surprising.  jake just  sounds out of shape when he speaks. 

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5222 on: November 07, 2013, 03:53:35 PM »

Take it from someone that drove to Houston for the bowl in 2006, driving to Houston sucks huge donkey balls. You get to Dallas and you think "yay Dallas, we're almost to Houston" NOPE - 4.5 more hours! Didn't help that it was raining ice all the way home.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #5223 on: November 07, 2013, 04:06:56 PM »

Take it from someone that drove to Houston for the bowl in 2006, driving to Houston sucks huge donkey balls. You get to Dallas and you think "yay Dallas, we're almost to Houston" NOPE - 4.5 more hours! Didn't help that it was raining ice all the way home.

Thanks. I'm thinking next summer, we'll make a Colorado game. Dallas, Chicago, and Columbus all have sub-par atmospheres usually. I'd go to Colorado just because.

Really wish I had the money to make it to a Portland, Seattle, or Vancouver game.

Offline broXcore

• Katpak'r
  • cats
    • View Profile
Re: EPL Thread For Fans (not chelsea fans)
« Reply #5224 on: November 07, 2013, 06:33:36 PM »
let's all hop on the erik lamela train