Author Topic: European Club Soccer Thread! (EPL, Champions League, Europa, etc... :D )  (Read 1331583 times)

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Sporting KC
« Reply #5175 on: November 07, 2013, 07:59:33 AM »
I love how Ike Opara runs/is the new Julio Cesar

he looks v weird when running

He kind of runs like a giraffe or a two legged dinosaur

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5176 on: November 07, 2013, 09:30:37 AM »
Next stop: Madison, WI. Was there ever any doubt?

Offline 3maw

• lurk'r extrodinaire
  • Combo-Fan
  • #TeamAldi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5177 on: November 07, 2013, 09:58:23 AM »
Real fun game to be at, it is shocking how we can't finish infront of the goal. Host the second leg vs Houston the night of the OU game :(

go wizcats!

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5178 on: November 07, 2013, 10:00:19 AM »
also, 1:30 kick for the first leg, hopefully the cats have the game in hand vs sexy Kliff by then.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #5179 on: November 07, 2013, 10:19:42 AM »
YOU GUYS

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5180 on: November 07, 2013, 10:24:36 AM »
I'm done with CJ bros. He is like the Val Kilmer of the team. Great when he is in a supporting role (kiss kiss bang bang starring Kei downey, jr.) but when he is the #1 option? I mean did you guys ever see The Saint? woo-oof

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5181 on: November 07, 2013, 10:44:29 AM »
i kinda am hoping to get 11:00'd for the OU game so i can make it to SP for the second leg. i would love to be there when we final take 'em down.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5182 on: November 07, 2013, 10:46:56 AM »
OU will probably be 2:30. Too good of game to put at 11, and Baylor/OSU probably takes the nighttime slot

Unless OU pussystomps Baylor :crossfingers: and the Cats win their next two (#team9-4)

Sporting KC and K-State need to bro up in the offseason and prevent future scheduling problems

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5183 on: November 07, 2013, 10:47:40 AM »
OU will probably be 2:30. Too good of game to put at 11, and Baylor/OSU probably takes the nighttime slot

atleast if it is 2:30 I can be home or to KKKaws in time to watch the game.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5184 on: November 07, 2013, 10:48:44 AM »
i kinda am hoping to get 11:00'd for the OU game so i can make it to SP for the second leg. i would love to be there when we final take 'em down.

i've gotten dynabadger'd the last two years, i'm gonna take one for the team and sit home this time :frown:

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #5185 on: November 07, 2013, 10:49:54 AM »

i've gotten dynabadger'd the last two years, i'm gonna take one for the team and sit home this time :frown:

Kind of my thought process. But if the game is at 11, I'm going to do everything I can to get there.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5186 on: November 07, 2013, 10:52:52 AM »

Kind of my thought process. But if the game is at 11, I'm going to do everything I can to get there.

me too sunny, me too.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5187 on: November 07, 2013, 10:53:01 AM »
if you guys have extra tickets please give them to cartierfor3 (my sporting playoffs emissary) so he can ensure victory

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5188 on: November 07, 2013, 10:54:26 AM »
if you guys have extra tickets please give them to cartierfor3 (my sporting playoffs emissary) so he can ensure victory

well i don't have any tickets as of right now. but i will keep that in mind.

also when we are hosting the MLS Cup Final can we get a Pak head so one of the gE sportingcats can have it in the Cauldron? tia

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5189 on: November 07, 2013, 10:55:12 AM »
CF3's report from the West Side Stands:

1. Video boards? Yes please! Makes the KSU Football ones look like a calculator screen.
2. I like the Cauldron. A student sectiony feel, tons of zeal, and A FREAKING TROMBONE!  :excited:
3. Fireworks? AC/DC? Their intro really is going for the squawk fanbase, but hey, I like a good firework/Ac/Dc combo.
4. Now, I don't know much about soccer. I never played, and rarely watch, but that game was dope. Other than the 15 or so minutes between our first goal and before theirs, the good guys were like frantic to score, and I liked that it was aggressive and not that boring pass back to the defender crap that soccer can become.
5. Revolution guys are cheap shot artists. This cannot be debated.
6. As a soccer noob, I can't get over the "stall with a fake injury and act like a baby" crap that these guys pull. 92 for NE is like, king of the injury faking babies.
7. A goal, and all 3 of ours were super important is one of the most fun "everyone parties" moments at a live sporting event.
8. I was pretty jeals as a Royals fan that the fans are taken care of way better out there. Where's the carousel and the mini-golf course? Oh yeah, you don't need one because you're there to watch the game not be at a carnival.
9. IMO the stadium could be like 4k seats bigger.
10. Will I go back? Probs. Will be a big soccer fan? Probs not.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #5190 on: November 07, 2013, 11:05:34 AM »
CF3, go back on the 23rd, and sit in the Cauldron.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #5191 on: November 07, 2013, 11:06:07 AM »
Also, congrats on 100 pages, guys. :D

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #5192 on: November 07, 2013, 11:08:06 AM »
So, yesterday I got there super early. The members club had free beer pregame for all Cauldron members/Season ticket members. I had 6 free KC Pils. Was pretty amazing.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5193 on: November 07, 2013, 11:09:57 AM »
So, yesterday I got there super early. The members club had free beer pregame for all Cauldron members/Season ticket members. I had 6 free KC Pils. Was pretty amazing.

oh wow, that's pretty great s_c :thumbs:

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5194 on: November 07, 2013, 11:11:53 AM »
CF3, go back on the 23rd, and sit in the Cauldron.

Maybe. But I'm only going if it doesn't conflict with KSU football. Would love to Cauldron.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5195 on: November 07, 2013, 11:14:55 AM »
Cauldron tickets on sale at 1pm, so you have less than 2 hours to decide between SKC and potential KSU/OU conflict

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5196 on: November 07, 2013, 11:22:47 AM »
Cauldron tickets on sale at 1pm, so you have less than 2 hours to decide between SKC and potential KSU/OU conflict

Easy to resell or no? Plus what will game time be?

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5197 on: November 07, 2013, 11:32:40 AM »
Very easy to resell (Cauldron always sells out), game is at 6pm

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5198 on: November 07, 2013, 11:34:44 AM »
I'm going, and paking all afternoon over in the free lot by the speedway. i'll be wearing my opening day 2012 scarf and some Levi's and probably those Polo chuck knock-offs that i love so much. and 'bans. i also have great hair/haircut (ask bubbles). get at me

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #5199 on: November 07, 2013, 11:43:07 AM »
CF3's report from the West Side Stands:

1. Video boards? Yes please! Makes the KSU Football ones look like a calculator screen.
2. I like the Cauldron. A student sectiony feel, tons of zeal, and A FREAKING TROMBONE!  :excited:
3. Fireworks? AC/DC? Their intro really is going for the squawk fanbase, but hey, I like a good firework/Ac/Dc combo.
4. Now, I don't know much about soccer. I never played, and rarely watch, but that game was dope. Other than the 15 or so minutes between our first goal and before theirs, the good guys were like frantic to score, and I liked that it was aggressive and not that boring pass back to the defender crap that soccer can become.
5. Revolution guys are cheap shot artists. This cannot be debated.
6. As a soccer noob, I can't get over the "stall with a fake injury and act like a baby" crap that these guys pull. 92 for NE is like, king of the injury faking babies.
7. A goal, and all 3 of ours were super important is one of the most fun "everyone parties" moments at a live sporting event.
8. I was pretty jeals as a Royals fan that the fans are taken care of way better out there. Where's the carousel and the mini-golf course? Oh yeah, you don't need one because you're there to watch the game not be at a carnival.
9. IMO the stadium could be like 4k seats bigger.
10. Will I go back? Probs. Will be a big soccer fan? Probs not.

GF3, guys what else?  Rob, the owner/CEO is like other fans.  He calls into talk radio when pissed to talk about the team.  He tweets about the team and processes all the time.  He is pretty fantastic and what I wish the other owners were like.  Also, he mentioned last year on twitter that they are adding like 5K more seating starting in 2016, iirc.  From what I hear, they are going to go straight up on both sides.