Author Topic: European Club Soccer Thread! (EPL, Champions League, Europa, etc... :D )  (Read 1331581 times)

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Sporting KC
« Reply #5050 on: November 06, 2013, 10:00:43 AM »
If we don't win this I blame MLS for scheduling playoff games midweek. I mean, does the NFL divisional round get played on a rough ridin' Wednesday?

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5051 on: November 06, 2013, 10:07:28 AM »
somebody please explain aggregate scoring for me.  LSIQ over here. 

810 guys were saying we had to win by 2 goals?  But, then they were talking about goals in regulation, as opposed to overtime...  how do we advance?

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5052 on: November 06, 2013, 10:13:14 AM »
we are down by 1 goal, so in tonight's match we either need to win by 2, or win by 1 goal, and send it to extra time and eventually PK's and hope to win there. easiest just to try to win by 2 tonight. do you get it? we add the 2 games together.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5053 on: November 06, 2013, 10:14:00 AM »
somebody please explain aggregate scoring for me.  LSIQ over here. 

810 guys were saying we had to win by 2 goals?  But, then they were talking about goals in regulation, as opposed to overtime...  how do we advance?

i'm not particularly knowledgeable with the MLS method, but i think it's as simple as if the aggregate scores are tied at the end of regulation, we go into extra time (and a shootout, if necessary).

so basically, any one point victory at the end of regulation will put us into extra time, a 2+ point victory wins it outright, and anything else we're staying home.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5054 on: November 06, 2013, 10:44:37 AM »
we are down by 1 goal, so in tonight's match we either need to win by 2, or win by 1 goal, and send it to extra time and eventually PK's and hope to win there. easiest just to try to win by 2 tonight. do you get it? we add the 2 games together.

Yeah, I understand what aggregate means.  That's why I was confused when they were talking about how we needed to win by 2 goals in regulation.  Obvs, they just meant that +2 goals wins it outright and +1 sends it into overtime. 

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #5055 on: November 06, 2013, 10:56:53 AM »
Does anyone know what the tifo will be tonight? I'm pretty excited for that.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #5056 on: November 06, 2013, 10:58:12 AM »
Via @KCCauldron

GO WIZARDS!!!!

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5057 on: November 06, 2013, 11:15:19 AM »

Yeah, I understand what aggregate means.  That's why I was confused when they were talking about how we needed to win by 2 goals in regulation.  Obvs, they just meant that +2 goals wins it outright and +1 sends it into overtime.

I bet it was a real treat listening to the 810 guys to and explain something they don't understand.

We just need to win by 2 goals, period. It could be 1-0 after 90 minutes and we could score the 2nd in overtime. Or 2-1 and score a 3rd in overtime etc.... If we only won by 1 goal after overtime we are going to a penalty shootout. If we tie after 90 minutes or after overtime, we're out.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5058 on: November 06, 2013, 11:15:56 AM »
Nate and Jake know about MLS dork store. Jake is freaking calling the game tonight.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5059 on: November 06, 2013, 11:19:59 AM »
Nate and Jake know about MLS dork store. Jake is freaking calling the game tonight.

I sat in front of Nate at the playoff game last year. I'd beg to differ. Jake is pretty smart tho. I was thinking more about SSJ

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5060 on: November 06, 2013, 11:29:52 AM »
Ssj does not even talk if skc is the topic

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5061 on: November 06, 2013, 11:38:45 AM »

nope but i am excited too, are you in the Cauldron. I will be in elite midfield west side seats tonight.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5062 on: November 06, 2013, 11:40:59 AM »
I jumped in part way through the segment - likely the cause of the confusion.   Nate seems knowledgable.  Jake played college soccer.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5063 on: November 06, 2013, 12:15:46 PM »
So, Rob Heinemann thinks aggregate scoring is ridiculous because it negates home field advantage.  Says, yeah, they may do it in other leagues, but the MLS is not other leagues. 

Discuss. 

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #5064 on: November 06, 2013, 12:47:02 PM »
Aggregate scoring is stupid and I hate it.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5065 on: November 06, 2013, 12:54:28 PM »
WE ARE GOING TO KICK SOME NEW ENGLAND ASS TONIGHT

Offline 3maw

• lurk'r extrodinaire
  • Combo-Fan
  • #TeamAldi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5066 on: November 06, 2013, 01:05:49 PM »
i like aggregate scoring. adds some suspense to the games. also fun to see teams (ie skc tonight) adapt formations, starters etc for 2nd game. it might kill homefield advantage to a degree but for the 2nd trip team it might actually add HFA.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5067 on: November 06, 2013, 01:07:11 PM »
Hey guys, why is Danny Clinkscale doing the game tonight instead of that British dude? I figure you know, its like, the biggest game of the year and the guy who is the voice of the team is MIA? Whats up with that?

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #5068 on: November 06, 2013, 01:16:14 PM »
Hey guys, why is Danny Clinkscale doing the game tonight instead of that British dude? I figure you know, its like, the biggest game of the year and the guy who is the voice of the team is MIA? Whats up with that?

Was not aware of this. You sure he's doing the TV KSMO broadcast? Or just radio on 810?

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #5069 on: November 06, 2013, 01:16:56 PM »
WE ARE GOING TO KICK SOME NEW ENGLAND ASS TONIGHT

:angry: :shakesfist: :angry: :shakesfist: :angry:

:chainsaw: :chainsaw: :chainsaw: :chainsaw:

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #5070 on: November 06, 2013, 01:17:36 PM »

nope but i am excited too, are you in the Cauldron. I will be in elite midfield west side seats tonight.

Yes, Cauldron. Have fun being elite. :gocho:

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #5071 on: November 06, 2013, 01:20:21 PM »
I like aggregate scoring. Away goal rule should be in effect to make it fair though.

Love Robb, but I disagree with him.

Just a thought. Maybe we could do what it was like in 2011. Conf semis were two-legged series. Then both the conf final and MLS Cup were one game each.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5072 on: November 06, 2013, 01:25:24 PM »

Was not aware of this. You sure he's doing the TV KSMO broadcast? Or just radio on 810?

Dunno. Just telling you what I heard on 810 from Doug during a top of the hour sportscenter.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #5073 on: November 06, 2013, 01:27:54 PM »

Dunno. Just telling you what I heard on 810 from Doug during a top of the hour sportscenter.

Interesting.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5074 on: November 06, 2013, 01:34:00 PM »
Danny and Jake are calling the game on 810. <-- this is a radio station

Callum and Dorkface are calling the game on KSMO 62.  <-- this is a TV station