Author Topic: European Club Soccer Thread! (EPL, Champions League, Europa, etc... :D )  (Read 1331513 times)

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Re: EPL Thread For Arsenal Fans And I Guess Other Fans As Well
« Reply #2400 on: May 05, 2013, 11:46:25 PM »
The Special One is the only one Chelsea needs.

IMO, Chelsea needs more than just him if you think you're going to win the title. You need another striker for starters.

Falc could come Lukaku could come back from loan, Piazon should come back from loan. We will buy a central midfielder and defender. We may spend a lot, we may not but we had a lot out on loan and as it stands now with the crap storm of a season we had we have the 2nd best GD of the whole league, while setting a record for games played in a campaign.

Lukaku and Piazon would be great to have. But they aren't going to come back and win a title for you. Falcao would definitely help. And so would Mourinho. It's possible. I still see the two Manchester teams as favorites above Chelsea. Could be wrong. We'll find out after the summer transfer window I suppose.

Online Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: English Premier League 2012/2013
« Reply #2401 on: May 06, 2013, 12:36:25 AM »
RVP! :excited:
Very pumped for the season!

Early Favorites:

United
City
Chelsea

:excited:
whoa  :cool:

Online Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: soccer thread for arsenal fans and other fans of teams and EPL 2012/13
« Reply #2402 on: May 06, 2013, 12:40:46 AM »
Newcastle was a surprise to me last year...any guesses on who makes a surprising run at the top 4? (doesn't mean they will achieve it just contend)

I am thinking possible Sunderland?
oh man  :lol:

Online Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2403 on: May 06, 2013, 12:48:11 AM »
Chelsea getting ready to play Atletico Madrid on Friday in the European Super Cup...basically this thing where the Champion of Europe plays the Champion of the European Football (futbol/soccer whatever) version of the NIT (Europa League) After we win this we basically make the entire continent of Europe our bitch...nbd Chelsea is the best.

scottwildcat, you told me it wasn't the NIT the other day.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2404 on: May 06, 2013, 01:16:25 AM »
Chelsea getting ready to play Atletico Madrid on Friday in the European Super Cup...basically this thing where the Champion of Europe plays the Champion of the European Football (futbol/soccer whatever) version of the NIT (Europa League) After we win this we basically make the entire continent of Europe our bitch...nbd Chelsea is the best.

scottwildcat, you told me it wasn't the NIT the other day.

Pretty sure I said it was the NIT just today. Also my predictions where horrible. Just had a real bad night after a great day. Stop piling on. :(

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2405 on: May 06, 2013, 01:50:58 AM »

Rough night for scottwildcat but I watched this and it made me feel better.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Sporting KC
« Reply #2406 on: May 06, 2013, 07:42:19 AM »
Alexi Lalas just said there are rumors saying Omar Bravo could be coming back to MLS and SKC owns his rights! I will never be able to root against him. I loved him.

Thoughts on where he could hypothetically end up? I'm thinking Chivas...

Idk where Omar would go but I hope him and Herc comes so we can get some more cash.

Yep. It's nice to have their rights so we can benefit from them coming back.

Yup I wonder what we will do with Omar/Herc/Kei money?

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2407 on: May 06, 2013, 09:09:34 AM »
Subsidise beer and get a super angry crowd nightly.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2408 on: May 06, 2013, 09:51:46 AM »
The MLS has to be like the only league that allows players to leave the league and teams still hold rights o the player for if they come back.

Offline deuce

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2409 on: May 06, 2013, 10:08:25 AM »

IMO, Chelsea needs more than just him if you think you're going to win the title. You need another striker for starters.

Falc could come Lukaku could come back from loan, Piazon should come back from loan. We will buy a central midfielder and defender. We may spend a lot, we may not but we had a lot out on loan and as it stands now with the crap storm of a season we had we have the 2nd best GD of the whole league, while setting a record for games played in a campaign.

I think the Schurrle deal is pretty much done (unless Jose vetos) and that will help to give us a variety of options going forward.  If we do bring in a striker, I am hoping for Lewa or Cavani over Falcao (we need too much help in CM/CB to splash that much cash on Falcao).  Sending Kevin de Bruyne on loan to Dortmund to lessen the Lewa fee makes sense.  Lukaku is probably ready to come back, but if we get one of the big strikers I can see him spending another year at West Brom.  Piazon isn't ready for Chelsea's first team yet and I would rather see him stay on loan than play 2nd team minutes at CFC.  Essien coming back will help with depth in CM, but another top quality player is needed.

This is how I see the summer shaping up for CFC:
IN:  JOSE!, Schurrle, Lazar Markovic (go straight to loan), Essien (from loan), Elite Striker, Starting caliber CM (Moutinho/Alonso?), CB to pair w/ DL, Backup GK
OUT:  Marin (loan), Benayoun (free), Malouda (free), Ferreira (free), Turnbull (free), Hilario (free)
???: Lampard

Offline JoeHallsTutor

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2410 on: May 06, 2013, 10:14:43 AM »
Never too soon to talk summer transfers.  What's everyone's (reasonable) expectations this summer?
For United: Falcao, Ronaldo, Lewandowski, etc.

The (reasonable) must have been overlooked.  Is this a pick one?

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2411 on: May 06, 2013, 10:19:14 AM »
Guys, what's up with Beasler?  Was he just being saved since we have three games in 7 days?  Same question for Benny.  I assume Vermes is just saving legs, right?

I mean, watching Jarome(SP) trying to throw across the face of the box in a Beasleresque way made me sick to my stomach.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #2412 on: May 06, 2013, 10:21:40 AM »
The MLS has to be like the only league that allows players to leave the league and teams still hold rights o the player for if they come back.

Same with the salary cap. It's how MLS keeps the parody. It's also how they keep the level of play down. They need to raise the salary cap.

If they didn't let teams keep ahold of someone's rights, someone like Herculez would leave, then come back and go to Los Angeles. (Everyone would. No one would want to go to Kansas City or Columbus or New England...) Basically, we would start to look like European leagues where two-four teams are far and away better than the rest of the league. It would be New York and LA.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #2413 on: May 06, 2013, 10:24:58 AM »
Guys, what's up with Beasler?  Was he just being saved since we have three games in 7 days?  Same question for Benny.  I assume Vermes is just saving legs, right?

I mean, watching Jarome(SP) trying to throw across the face of the box in a Beasleresque way made me sick to my stomach.

I just assumed that Besler and Chance are hurt, not injured, so they are resting legs. Also, keep in mind that we play again on Wednesday, and then AGAIN next Sunday. Feilhaber probably just sat to rest legs. Idk for sure though. I'm just speculating.

If I had to guess, I'd say they all start on Wednesday. At least two of them.

Will be VERY interesting to see if Kei starts Wednesday. He will probably just come off the bench, but who knows.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #2414 on: May 06, 2013, 10:26:47 AM »
Newcastle was a surprise to me last year...any guesses on who makes a surprising run at the top 4? (doesn't mean they will achieve it just contend)

I am thinking possible Sunderland?

oh man :lol:

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #2415 on: May 06, 2013, 10:27:50 AM »
Never too soon to talk summer transfers.  What's everyone's (reasonable) expectations this summer?

I think he's just being optimistic.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2416 on: May 06, 2013, 10:44:38 AM »

I think the Schurrle deal is pretty much done (unless Jose vetos) and that will help to give us a variety of options going forward.  If we do bring in a striker, I am hoping for Lewa or Cavani over Falcao (we need too much help in CM/CB to splash that much cash on Falcao).  Sending Kevin de Bruyne on loan to Dortmund to lessen the Lewa fee makes sense.  Lukaku is probably ready to come back, but if we get one of the big strikers I can see him spending another year at West Brom.  Piazon isn't ready for Chelsea's first team yet and I would rather see him stay on loan than play 2nd team minutes at CFC.  Essien coming back will help with depth in CM, but another top quality player is needed.

This is how I see the summer shaping up for CFC:
IN:  JOSE!, Schurrle, Lazar Markovic (go straight to loan), Essien (from loan), Elite Striker, Starting caliber CM (Moutinho/Alonso?), CB to pair w/ DL, Backup GK
OUT:  Marin (loan), Benayoun (free), Malouda (free), Ferreira (free), Turnbull (free), Hilario (free)
???: Lampard

Sign Turnbull to a one year rolling contract until we bring Courtois back, pray PC1 stays alive, and have Blackman be the 3rd keeper.

Schurrle is a done deal. So I think between him the 3 Amigos and Moses we will be okay with depth if we bring back Piazon or not loan Marin. If we keep the 4-2-3-1 formation we need to have 6 serviceable guys so we don't have to run Mata and Hazard into the ground again this year.

Essien can come back and play the holding midfield spot. I would still like another one there and maybe bring back Josh or Nathan from loan and get some PT.

I think Frank is gone sadly.

I think we need another RB to back up Dave because between Luiz, Cahill, Ivanovic, and Terry we will be okay IMO.

I agree with the idea of bringing in a world class striker to help with depth and flexibility with formations. If we do bring in someone we need to loan Lukaku to a team who is playing in some sort of European Competition whether that is sending him out of England or a side like Swans which will be in Europa. 

I think we learned this year we need to recall some of our Loanees just for depth. I agree giving some young guys every day play is important but man were we thin squad wide this year.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2417 on: May 06, 2013, 10:46:41 AM »

Same with the salary cap. It's how MLS keeps the parody. It's also how they keep the level of play down. They need to raise the salary cap.

If they didn't let teams keep ahold of someone's rights, someone like Herculez would leave, then come back and go to Los Angeles. (Everyone would. No one would want to go to Kansas City or Columbus or New England...) Basically, we would start to look like European leagues where two-four teams are far and away better than the rest of the league. It would be New York and LA.

wasn't saying it was a bad thing. just making a comment.

Online Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2418 on: May 06, 2013, 11:50:24 AM »

Oh, Bale too. I want those four reasonably.

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #2419 on: May 06, 2013, 11:56:51 AM »
The guys on 610 this morning said that sporting outdrew the royals for yesterday's game

Edit: espn has the royals attendance as 16,462 and sporting's as 18,811
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 12:00:50 PM by raquetcat »
I'm purple down

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2420 on: May 06, 2013, 11:58:11 AM »
The guys on 610 this morning said that sporting outdrew the royals for yesterday's game

Sporting almost always outdraws the Royals when they go head to head.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2421 on: May 06, 2013, 11:58:32 AM »

Oh, Bale too. I want those four reasonably.

:sdeek:

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2422 on: May 06, 2013, 11:58:49 AM »

correct. Royals only had 16k yesterday.

SOCCER TOWN!  :excited:

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Sporting KC
« Reply #2423 on: May 06, 2013, 12:03:19 PM »

When are they gonna raise the roof and get started on a upper deck for the east side (I was told the stadium on that side was built to accommodate future expansion when I went on a tour)
I'm purple down

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Sporting KC
« Reply #2424 on: May 06, 2013, 12:07:54 PM »

When are they gonna raise the roof and get started on a upper deck for the east side (I was told the stadium on that side was built to accommodate future expansion when I went on a tour)

Soon.