Author Topic: European Club Soccer Thread! (EPL, Champions League, Europa, etc... :D )  (Read 1331341 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Sporting KC
« Reply #1925 on: April 15, 2013, 09:07:58 AM »
Also worth noting that in these Northeastern cities the center of the fan bases aren't necessarily in line with the center of the population. If the Red Bulls wanted to place their stadium where it would be most convenient to their larger base they would have placed the stadium in Westchester County or Greenwich, CT. In the Boston area they would put it in Metro West, Somerville, or Lexington. I don't know enough about DC to know the proper suburban setting for a SSS, Bethesda maybe?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: soccer thread for arsenal fans and other fans of teams and EPL 2012/13
« Reply #1926 on: April 15, 2013, 09:18:34 AM »
sd- fyi, Arsenal are picking up steam and kicking ass, just as you predicted they would.

I already knew that fwiw

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1927 on: April 15, 2013, 09:28:42 AM »
what does "on loan" mean.  seems racist and soccer has had some image problems with that recently.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: April 15, 2013, 09:35:37 AM »
what does "on loan" mean.  seems racist and soccer has had some image problems with that recently.

I believe that it works out so that Kei is technically ours by contract still, but that we have subcontracted him to the EPL guys and through that subcontract he gets paid something by them and they pay something to SKC over a pre-agreed upon time, after which, they have the right to sign him to their own contact.  If that happens, I believe they are financially responsible to pay SKC some fee or settlement to basically to buy out Kei's contract.

Right?

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: April 15, 2013, 10:06:41 AM »

I believe that it works out so that Kei is technically ours by contract still, but that we have subcontracted him to the EPL guys and through that subcontract he gets paid something by them and they pay something to SKC over a pre-agreed upon time, after which, they have the right to sign him to their own contact.  If that happens, I believe they are financially responsible to pay SKC some fee or settlement to basically to buy out Kei's contract.

Right?

Pretty much as far as my understanding goes
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: April 15, 2013, 10:19:13 AM »

Right?

Pretty much as far as my understanding goes

Yeah, Kei's was a loan with a predetermined buy out agreement. I am not 100% sure we get paid anything for loaning out Kei, I believe we just do not have to pay him while he is with Norwich.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: April 15, 2013, 10:24:19 AM »

Right?

I've heard if they buy him (at the beginning of May), we'll get close to 3 million dollars. Also have heard Robb and Peter know exactly what they would spend that money on if they do get it.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: April 15, 2013, 10:28:50 AM »

Right?

I've heard if they buy him (at the beginning of May), we'll get close to 3 million dollars. Also have heard Robb and Peter know exactly what they would spend that money on if they do get it.

I hope they mean "Who" rather than "What" and that it is one person.    That said isn't Claudio our DP?  If so, the first part of my post is probably moot. 

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: April 15, 2013, 10:29:08 AM »
Also worth noting that in these Northeastern cities the center of the fan bases aren't necessarily in line with the center of the population. If the Red Bulls wanted to place their stadium where it would be most convenient to their larger base they would have placed the stadium in Westchester County or Greenwich, CT. In the Boston area they would put it in Metro West, Somerville, or Lexington. I don't know enough about DC to know the proper suburban setting for a SSS, Bethesda maybe?

I read a few articles about NE trying to finalize plans and locations for a SSS and it seems they are trying to get as close to Boston as they can.

Also, I don't know what research or thought went into the location or if it is more of a marketing thing or what the deal is, but there is no reason for an MLS team near the biggest city in America to struggle to draw 65% with a decent team and big name and big time talent.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: April 15, 2013, 10:37:56 AM »

Right?

I hope they mean "Who" rather than "What" and that it is one person.    That said isn't Claudio our DP?  If so, the first part of my post is probably moot.

Would probably be a "Who." And we are allowed 3 DP spots. If we re-sign Zusi, we could make him a DP, then still have room for another.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1935 on: April 15, 2013, 10:58:22 AM »

Right?

Would probably be a "Who." And we are allowed 3 DP spots. If we re-sign Zusi, we could make him a DP, then still have room for another.

pretty sure we already redid his contract again this year

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: April 15, 2013, 10:59:55 AM »

Right?

Well, then....

:dance:

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: April 15, 2013, 11:37:08 AM »

Right?

Oh okay, didn't hear. I just heard we were in the process. Never heard about a done deal. Link?

EDIT: And yeah, I meant re-working his contract. Not re-signing him.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 11:40:27 AM by sunny_cat »

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: April 15, 2013, 11:57:22 AM »

Right?

Oh okay, didn't hear. I just heard we were in the process. Never heard about a done deal. Link?

EDIT: And yeah, I meant re-working his contract. Not re-signing him.

not a done deal, my bad.

https://twitter.com/GrantWahl/status/320971024785100802

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: April 15, 2013, 02:02:12 PM »
scott did we win this weekend?!
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: April 15, 2013, 05:08:47 PM »

Didn't play, at Redbulls Wednesday.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: April 15, 2013, 07:36:51 PM »

might ditch my plans from the NHL thread and go check out their stadium and report back

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: April 15, 2013, 07:48:46 PM »

might ditch my plans from the NHL thread and go check out their stadium and report back

You might be able to get tickets for free from SKC on their website, I know they give free away tickets to supporters.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: April 16, 2013, 07:12:08 AM »
Huge matchup between Everton and the fighting steve daves.

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: April 16, 2013, 08:12:36 AM »
Arsenal sucks

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile