Author Topic: European Club Soccer Thread! (EPL, Champions League, Europa, etc... :D )  (Read 1332064 times)

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Re: soccer thread for arsenal fans and other fans of teams and EPL 2012/13
« Reply #1900 on: April 08, 2013, 02:43:31 PM »
 :)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: Sporting KC
« Reply #1901 on: April 08, 2013, 02:44:43 PM »
watched the replay of friday's game last night without knowing when the goal was coming. very fun.

Honestly, I liked Soony's move to get the assist as much as the goal.    :love:

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: April 08, 2013, 02:46:00 PM »
watched the replay of friday's game last night without knowing when the goal was coming. very fun.

Honestly, I liked Soony's move to get the assist as much as the goal.    :love:

Yup. That goal belongs to Soony more than it does Claudio. Still a great finish, but more skill was required to create it than to score it.

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: April 10, 2013, 03:05:07 PM »
 :surprised:

Can PSG hold on and knock out Barcelona!?

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: April 11, 2013, 04:46:29 PM »
oh my

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/57807/mls-bandwagon-jumpers-a-team-by-team-converter

Sporting Kansas City
This team once seemed doomed. As the Kansas City Wiz, they played out games before a handful of fans at an eerily silent Arrowhead Stadium. The redheaded stepchild of the Kansas City Chiefs. New ownership changed everything. A stunning stadium was crafted, a much needed rebrand executed, and a massive fan base attracted to a talent-soaked team. They are Pulp Fiction–era John Travolta. A man whose career seemed doomed to end in Look Who’s Talking 17 before Quentin Tarantino changed everything. One minute, he’s changing diapers alongside Kirstie Alley. The next he’s dancing with Uma Thurman.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: April 11, 2013, 04:52:33 PM »
It really is amazing how it all changed so fast.

Before the sale, you never heard of the wiz.  ever.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: April 13, 2013, 10:54:18 AM »
Grats pud corrupt arsenal fans. MOTM? That crook of a linesman.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: April 13, 2013, 01:02:44 PM »
as a super fan of arsenal I know exactly what you are talking about

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: April 13, 2013, 03:26:10 PM »
millwall :lol:

dude steals cop's hat, runs (s/o to gooch :thumbs:)

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: April 13, 2013, 03:41:15 PM »
Millwall is such a stain on football in England.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: April 14, 2013, 08:27:08 AM »
Man Utd's Blue and black hoop kit is so sexy. One of if not the best 2nd kit in the prem

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: April 14, 2013, 12:22:54 PM »
Guys, I'm not doing well. Melting down pretty hard after that FA Cup semi. Congrats to the city fans but damn.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: April 14, 2013, 04:50:32 PM »
One of the biggest problems with MLS was playing in seemingly empty football stadiums caused a shitty atmosphere.  The emphasis on building soccer stadiums has had an amazing impact.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: April 14, 2013, 06:01:20 PM »
One of the biggest problems with MLS was playing in seemingly empty football stadiums caused a shitty atmosphere.  The emphasis on building soccer stadiums has had an amazing impact.

San Jose is building a nice SSS.

DC really needs to build a SSS, and New England needs to build one close to downtown Boston.

NY crap the bed building theirs too big and in New Jersey instead of trying to buy some land and build it somewhere closer to the City.

I also think Seattle should build a sparkling new and 46k seat stadium with grass instead of playing in the NFL stadium. If they really are the premiere MLS franchise like their fans think they are they need to prove it and build said stadium.

Chivas ownership needs to be striped and that team either needs to be contracted or moved to SanDiego and rebranded. That experiment failed miserably.

These are my thoughts on the current state of the MLS and stadiums.

Offline Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: April 14, 2013, 07:38:38 PM »
Man United 15 points clear, feet kicked up  :cool:

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: April 14, 2013, 07:47:23 PM »

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #1920 on: April 14, 2013, 09:07:06 PM »
It really is amazing how it all changed so fast.

Before the sale, you never heard of the wiz.  ever.

Everything Neal Patterson touches turns to gold.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: April 15, 2013, 01:12:44 AM »

DC really needs to build a SSS, and New England needs to build one close to downtown Boston.

NY crap the bed building theirs too big and in New Jersey instead of trying to buy some land and build it somewhere closer to the City.

I also think Seattle should build a sparkling new and 46k seat stadium with grass instead of playing in the NFL stadium. If they really are the premiere MLS franchise like their fans think they are they need to prove it and build said stadium.

Chivas ownership needs to be striped and that team either needs to be contracted or moved to SanDiego and rebranded. That experiment failed miserably.

There is a reason why Red Bulls Stadium is where it is and its the same reason why there will never be an MLS stadium near downtown Boston. The land is scarce and beyond expensive. If the NFL was relegated to NJ and Foxboro, which is actually closer to Providence, the MLS has no shot at being anything but suburban.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: April 15, 2013, 01:18:10 AM »

There is a reason why Red Bulls Stadium is where it is and its the same reason why there will never be an MLS stadium near downtown Boston. The land is scarce and beyond expensive. If the NFL was relegated to NJ and Foxboro, which is actually closer to Providence, the MLS has no shot at being anything but suburban.

Redbulls could of tried harder they are pushing for NYC2 to be in Queens.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2012/12/05/garber-presents-nyc2-stadium-plan-queens-town-hall

I realize land is scarce but with New England and DC needing to get real stadiums they need to attempt to put it closer to the actual city and the population base in my opinion.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: April 15, 2013, 07:19:05 AM »

Red Bulls definitely need a Jay-Z behind them. Although I would have thought that Red Bull might have served as their Jay-Z.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: April 15, 2013, 09:07:23 AM »
sd- fyi, Arsenal are picking up steam and kicking ass, just as you predicted they would.