Author Topic: European Club Soccer Thread! (EPL, Champions League, Europa, etc... :D )  (Read 1332073 times)

Offline Dub

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Sporting KC
« Reply #375 on: April 20, 2012, 04:13:05 PM »
went to this soccer game for these guys last year.  awful stadium.  whoever built it is a dumbass. terrible experience.

lol wut

http://www.stadiumbusinessawards.com/shortlists2012/

VENUE OF THE YEAR AWARD

• Amway Center, Orlando, Florida, USA

• LIVESTRONG Sporting Park, Kansas City, USA

• Mercedes-Benz Arena, Shanghai, China

• Forsyth Barr Stadium, Dunedin, New Zealand

• The American Express Community Stadium, Brighton, UK

Along with finalists for some other awards
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 04:18:43 PM by Dub »

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: April 20, 2012, 04:22:29 PM »

lol wut

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: April 20, 2012, 04:25:20 PM »

lol wut

had the exact same thought

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: April 20, 2012, 04:56:53 PM »
Guys, I don't watch euro league stuff but a guy I talk soccer with a little tells me that they are much less physical and much more finesse over there.  Is this right?  If true, seems like that could have a major effect on a guy that is used to being able to juke around people.   :dunno:

I have been watching MLS for less than a year and a half.  Keep this in mind when you begin to soccer PI me.  TIA

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: April 20, 2012, 09:27:14 PM »
Guys, I don't watch euro league stuff but a guy I talk soccer with a little tells me that they are much less physical and much more finesse over there.  Is this right?  If true, seems like that could have a major effect on a guy that is used to being able to juke around people.   :dunno:

I have been watching MLS for less than a year and a half.  Keep this in mind when you begin to soccer PI me.  TIA

each country's league has it's own style, which is kind of based on the way the national team from that country plays, I don't know that I know enough to describe each country's style but a guess would be: Spain = finesse, English = physical, Germany = disciplined ball control and probably pretty physical, Italy = flopping, Portugal = ?
I'm purple down

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: April 20, 2012, 09:31:51 PM »
I think I read an article once that said the country's style of play developed based on the climate there:

England has cooler temperatures so the players can do more running and play more physically with out getting fatigued

Spain and Portugal is warmer so players do more passing and less running to keep going in the heat

This could all be bullshit, but I feel like I saw it somewhere
I'm purple down

Offline Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: April 21, 2012, 12:11:57 AM »
I'm watching the SKC game at Johnny Kaw's tomorrow!!  :excited:

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: April 21, 2012, 09:36:59 AM »
I'm watching the SKC game at Johnny Kaw's tomorrow!!  :excited:

will want a full report of the game...i won't be there i will be at the royals game  :blindfold:

Offline slimz

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: April 21, 2012, 02:20:26 PM »
Anybody know of a good place to buy some Sporting gear? Kansas Sampler and Dick's are too expensive.   :dubious:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Sporting KC
« Reply #384 on: April 21, 2012, 03:03:10 PM »
Anybody know of a good place to buy some Sporting gear? Kansas Sampler and Dick's are too expensive.   :dubious:

KC Cauldron"s website has some dece shirts

Sent from my MB611 using Tapatalk

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: April 22, 2012, 09:16:41 AM »
Nobody wants to talk Sporting today....

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: April 22, 2012, 10:23:39 AM »
eh, game didn't get over till 11:30p and its only 10:20a. People probably got Pak'd after the game, and now are just starting to wake up and haven't made it over to goEMAW yet.

that being said i didn't get to see the game. What happened? How many goal scoring ops did we have? How did the Timbers score theirs?

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: April 22, 2012, 11:10:47 AM »
I didn't see it but ar own goaled

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: April 22, 2012, 11:22:19 AM »

damn

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: April 22, 2012, 12:23:17 PM »

It was pretty bad. Timbers crossed it to no one, and Aiyegbusi (I think) and Meyers both tried to clear. Aiyegbusi tried to clear, but it ended up deflecting off of Meyers into the goal.

Sporting had a few chances, but they didn't dominate the game by any means. It was pretty physical, with 5 or so yellows, but no reds.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: April 22, 2012, 01:57:49 PM »

It was pretty bad. Timbers crossed it to no one, and Aiyegbusi (I think) and Meyers both tried to clear. Aiyegbusi tried to clear, but it ended up deflecting off of Meyers into the goal.

Sporting had a few chances, but they didn't dominate the game by any means. It was pretty physical, with 5 or so yellows, but no reds.

Lol Aiyegbusi hasn't played this season. He is terrible. Kris Boyd sent in a cross and Chance Meyers essentially headed it straight past Jimmy Nielsen. It would have been a sweet finish if it wasn't his own goal. Not sure what was going through his head, but I'm not too mad at him.

EDIT: The guy you thought was Aiyegbusi was Julio Cesar.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 02:00:20 PM by sunny_cat »

Offline Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: April 22, 2012, 02:28:54 PM »
So basically I didn't get in to Johnny Kaw's so that was a bad start to the night and then the own goal was brutal. Oh well, it was going to happen eventually.

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: April 22, 2012, 02:58:49 PM »

Lol Aiyegbusi hasn't played this season. He is terrible. Kris Boyd sent in a cross and Chance Meyers essentially headed it straight past Jimmy Nielsen. It would have been a sweet finish if it wasn't his own goal. Not sure what was going through his head, but I'm not too mad at him.

EDIT: The guy you thought was Aiyegbusi was Julio Cesar.

Thanks for correcting my  :opcat: I'm a casual sporting fan, trying to get better.

I actually know who Cesar is, but for some reason didn't think that was him.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: April 22, 2012, 04:55:57 PM »
Depressed as crap.  Our offense has looked much more laid back the last two games.  Perhaps its an away problem?  Hope they pick up the attack style back to what it has been.  Was still a fun match to watch. 

I enjoyed the Colin/Boyd match up. 

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: April 22, 2012, 05:26:38 PM »

Holy crap, are we friends in real life? Because I just explained this exact thing to a friend of mine.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Sporting KC
« Reply #395 on: April 22, 2012, 05:38:21 PM »

Holy crap, are we friends in real life? Because I just explained this exact thing to a friend of mine.

I don't think we are.

On three, post your real name....

Ready: 1, 2, 3......

Offline j-von

• Katpak'r
  • Hates The Band
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: April 24, 2012, 04:52:01 PM »
Guys on 810 talking about how bad the Royals suck and how KC may turn into a soccer town  :D

I love the Royals, but Sporting has a great opportunity this season to convert a huge number of fans in a city where people are hungry to watch a winning team.  I've already decided that I won't spend any money on the Royals until things change, and I'm guessing a lot of fans will be doing the same if they haven't already.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: April 26, 2012, 04:25:55 PM »
Guys on 810 talking about how bad the Royals suck and how KC may turn into a soccer town  :D

I love the Royals, but Sporting has a great opportunity this season to convert a huge number of fans in a city where people are hungry to watch a winning team.  I've already decided that I won't spend any money on the Royals until things change, and I'm guessing a lot of fans will be doing the same if they haven't already.

This is Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!). 

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: April 26, 2012, 04:38:10 PM »
Which part?

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: April 26, 2012, 04:49:13 PM »

Maybe, but they already sell out most of the games so how many more fans can you get? Plus you're always going to have backwards hicks that think soccer is for "Eurofags" and baseball is American, no matter how shitty and undeserving the Royals are